Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: My Read On The Consensus Opinions on the Rams' Picks

The thing is, I wasn't thrilled with a few of the picks...But, I am trying to overlook them and see them for what they can be worth. I think we shouldn't have picked up Leonard because defense is still the more important scenario to choose from. However, from reading different articles and hearing a radio broadcast of Brian Leonard's, I am trying to find some good in it. And from what I can tell, he seems like he is worth the 2nd round pick. Wade wasn't my favorite either, but I watched a few videos and was more comfortable with the pick. There were a lot of things that I would've liked to see, but what has happened has happened and I really try my best to see the positive side of it and not the negative. And the more I read into the players I wasn't so fond of drafting, the more I am actually liking the pick(s). At first, I only looked at the negative but now...I've been seeing more of the positive out of some of the picks than negative, and that right there is a good thing. I think for me, and I am ashamed to say it, but for me, I didn't see that big of names and was disappointed and immediately thought we had a bad draft, but now since I've done more research I can see that although they're not the idealistic picks that I or most of us had, they're still quality picks and can work out real well for us in the long run.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

sprtsmac Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    I think that is a fair assessment of what I think was the worst pick in the draft. That being said, Leonard might have been the best pure athlete in the draft at that point. Linehan may have thought that he was to good to pass. But he is definitely a luxury pick on maybe the most luxeriuos offense in the NFL. Still wish we would have taken Tank Tyler.
    I'm sure you're not talking about every single pick in the draft or have you forgotten about Miami's first pick. You know...that receiver that is hurt and his best attribute right now is returning kicks. Not saying that Ginn won't be a good player but this has to be a worst pick than Leonard. I admit that I would have liked to seen the Rams go defense here, but it could have been worse. This pick could have been a bad player with bad character. At least we got a good player with great character.

marccat Guest

I felt we were forced out of good blitzing due to injury's most notable Pia. Our 2nd yr. D.Linemen Worten and Victor A.?.. IMO, should be there for us! with that and all the good stuff ya'll are talkin' maybe puts us in a higher grouping than most think... ya think? Ram glory is in sight bro's!!

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    As far as the second round pick issue goes, last year one side of the ball had a total NFL rank of 6th while the other side had a total NFL rank of 23rd, and a very scary 31st in a specific area of concern. Seems like pretty easy math to me.
    exactly we didnt need help on offense in the second round we needed help on d and more specificaly a pass rush

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123