Thread: My Real Dream?

chiguy is offline Registered User

My Real Dream?

Getting Jake Long in FA. I know its not going to happen, but imagine if it could...draft a guard, safety, and receiver in the first two round.

Back to reality...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: My Real Dream?

I'd be pretty mad if we signed Jake Long. I'd rather Branden Albert. Both are likely to hit the FA market. Chiefs are picking #1 and just got their QB, conventional wisdom says they go Joeckel and let Albert walk. The Dolphins reportedly "low-balled" Long and won't give him what he demands.

Long has been average at best the past 2 years. Not only that, add in the fact that he has been injury prone, and wants BIG money, I'd pass.

Albert's had his own injury history. He's had back issues for some time now. I do believe he would come cheaper, and he was a lot better last year.

As of right now I'd pass on both, but for sake of discussion I'd take Albert over Long.

THE DREAM TEAM

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Long has been average at best the past 2 years. Not only that, add in the fact that he has been injury prone, and wants BIG money, I'd pass.
    I'd like to point out that Long has missed a whopping 6 total games in 5 entire seasons due to injury. That's a far better record than our current LT, who has missed 13 games in only 3 seasons.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    I'd like to point out that Long has missed a whopping 6 total games in 5 entire seasons due to injury. That's a far better record than our current LT, who has missed 13 games in only 3 seasons.
    Just because a player didn't miss games doesn't mean he wasn't injured. He still struggled to perform while dealing with injuries. I'd pass on Long, he's overrated and would cost much more than his abilities are worth.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'd be pretty mad if we signed Jake Long. I'd rather Branden Albert.
    That's an odd statement. If you prefer Albert, that's fine. But to suggest that Jake Long would not be a good signing is absurd. He'd be a HUGE upgrade for us and would eliminate a significant need position going into the draft, allowing us to use our resources on other positions.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That's an odd statement. If you prefer Albert, that's fine. But to suggest that Jake Long would not be a good signing is absurd. He'd be a HUGE upgrade for us and would eliminate a significant need position going into the draft, allowing us to use our resources on other positions.
    Only if he returns to the level he played at in his first 3 or 4 years in the league. The past 2 have not been good, and I'd rather allocate my resources elsewhere. I'll take Saffold at LT for 900,000 over Long for 10+million all day. Will Beatty just got re-signed by the Giants yesterday for 5 years 38.75 million. I'm willing to bet Long's will be more like the deal Clady was offered last year (50 million).

I'll take that 10 million and get myself 2 or 3 players like Kenny Phillips and Dustin Keller and fix 2 spots for the price of one. Reminds me of what the Texans did 2 years ago actually. Had the chance to sign Nnamdi Asomugha and instead they signed Jonathon Joseph and Daniel Manning for Asomugha's price. Turns out Joseph is arguably a top 5 CB in this league and Asomugha choked hard.

THE DREAM TEAM