onslaught11 is offline Registered User

My second mock draft

Let's get to it.

1. Chris Long DE UVA - No question about it. I really hope he is there.
    Other pick: Vernon Gholston

2. Gosder Cherilus OT BC - I really want Chris Williams here but he will be gone before then. I also would like Brandon Albert also but he will be gone. Anyway if we take two UVA players one after another then I would be considered playing favortism. Other pick - Kenny Phillips (if he drops)

3. Earl Bennett WR Vandy - Most polished receiver in this draft. Has some speed. Ran 4.48 at the combine. Need someone for the 3-4th WR spot.
    Other pick - The Hawk WR Cal (<hawk sound> <hawk sound>)

4. John Greco G/OT Toledo - Versatile and could be very good. I just seem to like him. He will be a guy who will impress.
    Other pick - Tony Hillis OT Texas (if he is there)
    Mike McGlynn OT/G/C/LS Pitt - So versatile. High effort guy.

5. Brian Johnston DE Gardner-Webb - High effort guy. Small school sleeper. Reminds me alot like Brian Robison. Team him up with Chris Long and you will have two versatile guy who can play 4-3 DE and drop back on certain time to 3-4 OLB.
    Other pick - J. Lehman LB Illini - High effort tackling machine. Not greatest athlete but he is a baller.

6a. Mike Cox FB GTech - Need someone whose only job is to blast open holes for JPL.

6b. Frank Okam DT Texas - I think he will be here. He was once a first round prospect who just plain underachieve. When he wants to he dominates. Just need to light a fire under his butt. At 347 lb, he can be a true NT if and/or when the Rams line up in a 3-4. If not a 6th round is not a big waste.
    Other pick - Bobbie Williams S Bethune-Cookman - Small school sleeper prospect.

7a. Jack Ike CB Wisconsin - Sad story. Tore up his knee preparing for the combine. I will take a flyer on him and stash him away on IR for this year. He will compete for the #2 or #3 CB in 09.

7b. Fernando Velasco C Georgia - Raw prospect. I think he will surprise and be one of the better center from this draft. Not saying much because this C class is very weak.

** I would stock up on OL in this class because it is a very good and deep class for OT.

** I would probably not get a S from this class or a late rounder because this class blows. If a couple of junior declares next year, I would wet my pants and take a safety in the 1st round in 09.

Thoughts?

We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

Re: My second mock draft

I think that B. Albert might be there in the 2nd. The Steelers might take Otah. How about this, we draft Jake Long in the 1st. Might be able to trade down a few spots and still get him, add some picks. Then Albert in the 2nd. Keep Barron to replace Pace or trade for a couple picks or good DE. Oh so many possibilities. If only things worked out that way.

chiguy is offline Registered User

In principle, I really like this draft. I'd be surprised if we didn't draft a CB somewhere earlier (though what we need is really veteran help) and I doubt that Okam really falls that far. However, this kind of strategy is likely to improve the team by giving you multiple shots at finding good linemen and adding quality at DE and WR.

keith m. klink Guest

I love it ! if you pulled this off this would be BEER FOR EVERYONE TIME . love the GRECO pick , and if you put LEHMAN in thereit would be the #@*& . if CHERILUS could fall to #33 that would rock , but i think he is moving up slightly into the 20' range i think . I also don't think they can afford JACK IKE - cb , they need ever pick to try to count now. i think some WR help might find its way into late rounds and i would love to see us pick up someone like BURTON - HUBBARD or MONK just to see if one might be a diamond in the rough . the RAMS did notice KENTUCKY's WR - BURTON .

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I love it. I love how people see that DE is a need unlike OL. Sure OL is a need, but not an immediate need like DE. We don't have anybody at DE and we need serious help there.

I love the mock man.

keith m. klink Guest

LEHMAN is going to be a huge steal for someone . i would almost bet my good dog on it .

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I really like the idea of grabbing two DEs, a couple of OL players and a WR in the first three rounds

however, i think if we get Chris Long in the first, then the next DE should be a speed rusher, to come in as a situational player as a rookie

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by smitheRAM View Post
    I think that B. Albert might be there in the 2nd. The Steelers might take Otah. How about this, we draft Jake Long in the 1st. Might be able to trade down a few spots and still get him, add some picks. Then Albert in the 2nd. Keep Barron to replace Pace or trade for a couple picks or good DE. Oh so many possibilities. If only things worked out that way.
    There's going to be a run on OT's in the middle of the first round, and I really doubt that Otah'll last till Pittsburgh, and they won't be able to turn down Albert who can immediately replace Faneca and provide depth at tackle if needed.