ramhard is offline Registered User

My Six Late Round Sleepers

Here are some great late round sleepers. I concentrated in positions that aren't needs but the Rams could get great upside while taking some risks. I also focused on players I had seen play rather than solely on scouting reports. So I can't include a lot of small school players that have good numbers - I will include one that I have seen.

1. Isaiah Stanback - QB Washingon - 6' 2.5 220 who is an amazing athlete (was a Pac-10 finalist in the 100), is a development QB coming off injury. Has just taped potential, good leader, and could be valuable as a return man while developing as QB.

2. Jordan Kent - WR Oregon - 6'4 221, another great athlete who initially was a BBall player for his father; and switched to football late. Lot's of upside though rough - a dominant athlete that is smart and coachable.

3. DeShawn Wynn, RB Florida, 5'10 238. An underachiever at Florida, not a great fit for their spread offense. Looked good in the post-season - would be worth a flyer late - a steal if he gets his head right.

4. Dallas Sartz, LB USC 6'4 235. Got lost with all the talent at USC, but a talented LB with some upside. Productive with a frame to get bigger and be a monster run-stopper when he puts on another 10-15 lbs.

5. Dashon Golden, S, Wash 6'2 205. Played mainly cornerback at UW, was the key to their pass defense, held up well against top Pac-10 WR's. Timed speed will be low due to coming off injury he played through all his senior year. Heady tough player - who will end up being a solid NFL player.

6. Corey Graham, CB New Hampshire, 5'11, 197. Fast and good tackler at the DI-AA level. Helped New Hampshire make the football playoffs. Good reaction to ball, nice speed, and could develop into a nice nickleback or surprise at corner.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: My Six Late Round Sleepers

Sartz would be great value of we could pick him up Mid-day 2. SC has some great players that are overshadowed by the likes of Leinart and Jarrett.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: My Six Late Round Sleepers

In the late rounds, watch for Juwan Simpson from Alabama. I watched him some in the Senior Bowl practices and in college. I remembre one drill at the SB, the LBs had to strafe back and forth over about 3 pads. Buster Davis was getting all the hype, but he wore down quick and didn't seem to give much effort. Simpson was going FULL SPEED the whole drill. He's got the heart, effort, and talent to be a good LB for us. The main thing on him is a few character issues.