Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My Take on #2

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

My Take on #2

In my opinion, I would be most satisfied with us taking either OT Greg Robinson or OLB Khalil Mack at #2.

Greg Robinson is a dominant player. He has big time potential and is an absolute beast when it comes to road grading. He is a perfect fit for our offense and scheme. Not to mention we have one of the best offensive line coaches in the league in Boudreau so I have no worries in his ability to continue his pass pro. He would settle in nicely at LG for the time being too which makes it an even better fit. He could be the LT of our future.

OR

Khalil Mack. I believe in Mack. He is a good fit at OLB for us. He is a very versatile player who can blitz, drop in coverage, and is very effective at stopping the run. I can only imagine the play designs and blitzes Gregg Williams could draw up with Mack. Mack is so dominant. He is a hard hitter, sure tackler, and a force. He completes our front 7 and re-enforces it. We'd be a top 5 total D for sure. Our division is a "Play good D and run the ball" division so we need to be tough up front and be able to stop the run first and foremost. Mack is the perfect piece to complete our front 7 and is such a "Jeff Fisher" player. Some things I came away with:

- Excellent read & react LB
    - Does not give up
    - Excellent tackler
    - Can line up at OLB or DE
    - Very violent player; looks to hit someone
    - Good in zone/Good in man coverage vs RB's
    - Very powerful bull rush
    - Good at setting the edge

Look at the push he gets while everyone else is straight stonewalled:

My Take on #2-khalilll.jpg (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

I wouldn't be disappointed with guys like Watkins, Matthews, or Clowney, but I feel those 2 guys up there are the "elite of the elite" and will be the players we're talking about in a few years.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -04-19-2014 at 03:40 AM.

THE DREAM TEAM

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: My Take on #2

I'm sure Jadeveon Clowney is relieved to know you wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him. Truthfully, he is as elite as Robinson or Mack, maybe even more so. Don't discount the option of taking him at #2 if he's there, although I'm firmly convinced Houston will take him or trade the pick to Atlanta so they will take him.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I'm sure Jadeveon Clowney is relieved to know you wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him. Truthfully, he is as elite as Robinson or Mack, maybe even more so. Don't discount the option of taking him at #2 if he's there, although I'm firmly convinced Houston will take him or trade the pick to Atlanta so they will take him.

Go Rams!
    I do believe he will go #1 as of right now. IMO Houston knows they can get a QB at #33 so it allows them to go a different direction at #1.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I do believe he will go #1 as of right now. IMO Houston knows they can get a QB at #33 so it allows them to go a different direction at #1.
    Can you imagine if Houston goes Clowney #1 and then Manziel falls enough to where Houston can trade up to get him as well? Bonkers!

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Yeah, it will be a miracle for Clowney to not go one, either to Houston or to another team via trade. If Houston only won one more lousy game gosh darn it!!! I am still intrigued about having Mack on our team.

Feel like a kid at christmas who's parents said you can either have a PS4 and 20 games, a blown out Tama double bass drum set, two weeks at Disneyworld, or a new newfoundland puppy, but you can only pick one. Now later you may get a PS3, a Jr drum set, a weekend at Disneyland, or a chihuahua puppy, but you aren't sure which one will be there. So go ahead son choose....
    Randart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Can you imagine if Houston goes Clowney #1 and then Manziel falls enough to where Houston can trade up to get him as well? Bonkers!
    Talk about rejuvenating a fan base huh? Crazy thing is, it's very possible. Adding those 2 pieces would probably put them back in contention for the AFC South.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Talk about rejuvenating a fan base huh? Crazy thing is, it's very possible. Adding those 2 pieces would probably put them back in contention for the AFC South.
    Except for the fact that Manziel is going to be a complete bust.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Except for the fact that Manziel is going to be a complete bust.
    Maybe... Then again, how BAD could he possibly be? He will be throwing to Andre Johnson and Nuk Hopkins, and has Arian Foster behind him.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Maybe... Then again, how BAD could he possibly be? He will be throwing to Andre Johnson and Nuk Hopkins, and has Arian Foster behind him.
    The point is, QBs taken later will be better.

Randart is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    Yeah, it will be a miracle for Clowney to not go one, either to Houston or to another team via trade. If Houston only won one more lousy game gosh darn it!!! I am still intrigued about having Mack on our team.

Feel like a kid at christmas who's parents said you can either have a PS4 and 20 games, a blown out Tama double bass drum set, two weeks at Disneyworld, or a new newfoundland puppy, but you can only pick one. Now later you may get a PS3, a Jr drum set, a weekend at Disneyland, or a chihuahua puppy, but you aren't sure which one will be there. So go ahead son choose....
    Oh no better take the big doggie, Ay' Chihuahua you don't want one of them lil yappy mutts! Only good for riding around in a girlie girls purse! LOL

Or as the old B-52's song goes, there at the end of my 40' leesh my lil friend Quiche' La Poodle!
    To Funny Sonny! I enjoyed your post was fun, and AvR you really think Johnny Football is a shoe in bust, failure at the NFL level? WOW! I still say he is the closest thing to the second coming of Fran Tarkenton I have ever seen that makes me think he could be better than good. IF! He does not lose his head, and does not get his leg as Francis did or body broken by the pass rushers or DB's when scrambling.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I think we should take clowney, unless we get a very good offer for it. And if he is taken by Houston, we should try to move down if possible to 4-6. This way most probably we will get Robinson, Matthews, Watkins or Mack

kman is offline Registered User

I like robinson @ 2, for reasons mentioned here..he can be a heck of a LG until Jake Long is done, we could have a great line immediately and he could eventually be a LT..id love to trade down to 6 and still get him but I don't think he'll still be there..i like Matthews, not @ 2 though, but he would have to be RT(in the beginning) which might be his best suit anyway..

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

If Clowney is taken already, and we can't trade back, It'd be between Mack, Watkins and Matthews for me. Still want trade down more than anything though.

kman is offline Registered User

best case scenario, rams trade down to 6, and they can still get Robinson or Watkins there..tough but possible

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

......said the Texans front office about Matt Schaub prior to the 2013 season.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast