RANDYRAM Guest

my wish list 7rds

First off I realy like most of the moves they have done sofar!

The way they have got guys in so at least there is compation at most spots all except dt wich I thougt we should have got nolga last yr. With the problem we had stoping the run last 3 yrs we need to get bigger up frount!!! We all know the game is won or lost in the trenches!! it dose't matter you if have 3 brain urlackres lbs if there geting hit by 330lbs Ol men. lets face it nfl linemen arn't getting smaller!! so lets try to fix some of the week spots on the rams.

The safest pic to me rd(1) is ADAM CARRIKER De 6'6" 295 4.9 40
    he is going to be the most verstel D lineman in the draft they might put him at DT on 3 rd down and be a run stuffing DE 1&2 downs. now Ive herd that he diden't do that great last yr BUT HE WAS IN MORE OF A READ AND REACT DEFENCE LAST YEAR ! and when they turned him loose at the seior bowl he had the chance to domanate and he did!! WE ALL KNOW HOW MARMRIES READ & REACT DEFENCE KILLED US FOR 2YRS!!

RD(2) ARE OTHER NEED is KR&PR AND CB (JOSH WILSON) cb 5'9" 189 4.39 40 He is not that big but nether is ty hill!! But he is one of the top return men in the draft. and would be good deth at cb Pros: Josh is a burner, with the elite speed NFL teams covet. He's an excellent natural athlete, with the athletic tools to make his teammates green with envy. Plays larger than his size, a tough guy. Son of a former NFL pro. One of the best kick returners in the draft. Shows a good feel for the game.
    Cons: Hasnt shown the hands to make many interceptions. Rather small for a DB, and can struggle to bring down larger players. His size is a definite negative, and many teams will downgrade him, but similar things were said about many great CB's, most notably Darrell Green, who had a marvelous career despite his detractors...
    Draft Exchange Analysis:

(3) WE need another linebacker how about (QUINCY BLACK)6'2" 240 4.42 40 YOU have to like this guys speed and you cant teach that!!Pros: Quincy is a solid all around LB with all the tools he needs to be a starting player in the NFL. He tackles well, wrapping up his man and taking him to the turf. He shows great athletic ability to cover recievers in space, and intelligently reads plays and adjusts his coverage appropriately. He is the Lobos current version of Brian Urlacher (SS/OLB). He is a definite sleeper pick in this years draft but is rapidly rising after his combine performance.
    Cons: Hasn't played against the top competition, but that hasn't stopped Brian in the pros. Can have trouble with blockers and despite having a solid build, doesn't show great strength in his game. Might go higher than he would have otherwise if not for his great workout.
    Draft Exchange

rd(4)NOW 4 THE BIG GUYS (PAUL SOLIAI)6'4" 334 5.11 40
    From the clips I have seen on this guy he's maller!! Pros: Mammoth NT prospect, one of the few available this year. A run stuffer who moves well between the tackles. Shows great playing strength, at times dominating the C or G that tries to deal with him. Not a real 3 down lineman, but he can push the pocket a bit on passing plays. His sheer size and strength make him a viable NFL player. Any team that needs a NT should have a look in this guy come the second day. At the worst he should be a good rotational guy to keep your starter fresh and fill in on the goalline and short yardage packages.
    Cons: Tires easily, like most guys his size. Not especially polished, as he's had no need to be. This will have to change in the pros. He's not very athletic, but you dont need to be to play 3-4 NT. Hasn't faced the quality of linemen he will see in the NFL, but brute strength may let him get by until he learns how to actually play NFL caliber football.
    Draft Exchange

RD(5)I would love to get this guy (WALTER TOMAS)DT6'4" 370 5.2 40
    Pros: Simply huge. Has amazing agility for a guy of his proportions. Very strong, with good footwork. Looks like a very raw version of Gabe Watson.
    Cons: He is the definition of a project player, he is super raw and will have to learn his techniques from scratch. Could benefit from losing 20-30 lbs. Needs to improve his stamina and develop his body to its full potential.
    Draft Exchange

RD(6)This guy is kind of a sleeper (JACKIE BATTEL)RB 6'2" 235 4.42 40
    Draft Exchange Analysis:
    Battle (6-2, 235 pounds) ran his 40s in 4.42 and 4.43. He also had a 41-inch vertical jump, 10-foot-11 long jump, 4.11 short shuttle, 6.51 three-cone drill and 19 bench presses.

2003 Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl Houston Most Outstanding Player

Heads into final season as a starter at I-back as spring camp approaches... Talented player who gives the Cougars a powerful presence in the offensive backfield... One of the toughest players to bring down... Also has improved receiving skills and has become a better blocker. ONCE AGIN SPEED!!

RD(7)THIS IS THE BEST SLEEPER SO FAR (DAVID SUTTON)WR 6'5" 220 4.35 40 This diden't play football until he was in collage!! CAN YOU SAY RAW CALVIN JOHNSON!!Draft Exchange Analysis:
    2006 OUTLOOK: Moved to slot receiver during the spring, better suiting his talents ... showed that he is beginning to harness his raw athletic ability ... physical specimen who could emerge as an offensive weapon for UTEP in 2006.

2005 (JUNIOR): Played in eight of 12 games ... caught two passes for 12 yards, including a touchdown against Texas Southern ... first career reception was a two-yard TD pass from Jordan Palmer.

PRIOR TO UTEP: Spent one year at Lincoln (Mo.) University and another at Compton CC after graduating from Long Beach Poly High School ... did not play football until he arrived at Lincoln University ... set a freshman record with an 89-yard pass reception at Lincoln ... ended the 2003 season with 16 catches for 445 yards and six touchdowns ... totaled 15 catches for 400 yards with two scores last season at Compton ... member of the most explosive offensive team in California in 2004 ... coached by Cornell Ward at Compton CC ... two-year letterwinner in track as a prep, competing in the high jump and long jump ... also competed in volleyball in high school, earning team MVP his junior year and most-improved player his sophomore season ... runs the 40 in 4.35 seconds.

PERSONAL: Full name is David Deion Sutton ... mother is Debra Smith ... has two sisters ... cousin, Tyus Edny, is a former basketball standout at UCLA ... born 5/30/84 (Westminster, Calif.) ... multidisciplinary studies major

2 picks(7)and if he is still there(KURK QUARTERMAN)OG 6'5" 345
    AND HE HAS 3 TDs runningthe ball!!!Draft Exchange Analysis:
    One of the best pass blockers on the team... big body that makes it difficult for opposing defenders to get around him... one of the fastest linemen on the squad... helped the running game average more than 250.0 yards per game.

Career Notes: Has seen action in 37 games with 24 starts... took over as the starting guard in 2004... has scored three career touchdowns.

2005: Started 12 games at guard... scored a rushing touchdown against Rutgers.

2004: Started 12 games at offensive guard... scored on a one-yard run versus Army.

2003: Saw time in all 13 games on special teams and in short-yardage situations ... scored a one-yard touchdown in a 42-14 win over UTEP... played on extra point and field goal units.

2002: Didn't see game action.

Westover High School: Three-year starter at Westover High School ... earned All-Metro Conference second team honors as a senior ... three-time state champion in the shot put and discus ... matched a school and region record in the discus as a junior.

Personal Profile: Son of Brenda Quarterman... born 10/5/83... Justice Administration major.

OK GUYS & GALS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: my wish list 7rds

I don't know how you come out of day one NOT adressing the NT position. Solai, whilst talented, is definetly more of a project player.

Unless you're planning to have Carriker as the NT?

Welcome aboard.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I feel like I was under the influence of some kind of drug while reading that. Nonetheless, I like the picks and I like your Sutton sleeper pick. I've never heard of him, and with that size and speed, he could develop under Holt and Bruce.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

An OG should be addressed somewhere like Andy Alleman from Akron in the thrid round but that's just my opinion. I really love that WR pick and I've never heard of him. That was a pretty good find.