throwback week

Thread: The Name Game

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

The Name Game

What's in a name?

Every year I make my list of players available in the draft who's names either make them more attractive, or make you cross them off the draft board. That sounds silly, but how can you argue with Joe Montana being great, or Jim Druckenmiller or Ryan Leaf not.

So here's my 2008 "Fair Hooker" list, named for the former Browns receiver with the worst NFL name ever.

QB - The good - Colt Brennan, Zac Champion, Tyler Donovan, Sedale Threatt.
    QB - The Bad - John David Booty, Omar Haugabook, Taylor Tharp, Brad Roach

RB - The good - Jamaal Charles, Rashard Mendenhall, Tashard Choice, Dantrell Savage, Chauncey Washington, Lance BAll,

RB - The Bad - Jehuu Caulcrick, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Danny Woodhead, Kregg Lumpkin, Rolly Lumballa, Kenny Cattouse

WR -The Good - Early Doucet, James Hardy, Mario Manningham, Eddie Royal, Maurice Purify. Luke Swan, Kevin Challenger

WR - The Bad - Limas Sweed, Bruce Hocker, Pierre Garcon, Todd Blythe,
    De'Cody Fagg,

TE - The Good- Darrell Strong, Blake Powers, Derek Fine, Marcus Stone

TE - The Bad - Keith Zinger, Andy Crooks, Tyler McNitt

OL - The Good - King Dunlap, Scott Burley, Dan Gore, Nate Safe, Jordan Grimes, Hercules Satele, Brian Stamper, Steve Justice, John Masters

OL - The Bad- Christian Capote, Carleton Medder, Mike Butterworth, Tyler Polumbus, Andrew Crummey, Ryan Poles, Ben Poynter, Tim Bugg, Jordy Lipsey, Gosder Cherilus

DE - The good- Rudy Hurdle, Derrick Harvey, Quentin Groves

DE - The BAd - Johnnie Dingle, Tyler Clutts, Vegas Franklin, Andy Studebaker, Marque Fountain

DT - The Good - Trevor Laws, Martavious Prince

DT - The bad- Kyndraus Guy, Josh Muse, Steven Friend, Jason Shirley, Keilen Dykes

LB - The Good - Dan Connor, Jerod Mayo, Jolonn Dunbar, SHawn Crable, Bo Ruud,

LB - The Bad- Weston Dacus, Alan Darlin, Derrick Doggett, Marcus Buggs, Durrell Mapp, Cargile Sincere, Mark Dodge

DB - The Good Orlando Scandrick, Reggie Comer, Tyrell Johnson, DJ Wolfe, JJ Justice, Marcus Watts, Curtis Cutts, Bobby Tatem

DB The Bad - Brandon Flowers, DeJuan Tribble, Demarrio Bobo, Chris Baloney, David Roach, Ty Sparrow, Quinn Gooch, Haruki Nakamura, Ambrose Wooden
    Last edited by Barry Waller; -04-26-2008 at 01:14 AM.

Barry Waller

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: The Name Game

wow i thought i was the only person who thought of things like this. lol i always think man this guy doesnt have a name that would seem to be big in the nfl. lol good thread
    Built RAM tough

npow81 Guest

Colt Brennan, Jamal Charles, Mario Mannigham...in the nicest form possible your picks in those categories are 'misplaced'..try ...Erik Ainge, Chris Johnson, Earl Bennett...happy Dez?...i apologize and this isn't the right post to say it because Barry's post is purely opinion, but at times it gets a little ridiculous on here...and i can't help but say something
    Last edited by npow81; -04-26-2008 at 05:53 AM.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    Seriously why do they allow you to post things, I thought the Brian Brohm thing was bad, and then I see this...you honestly have no clue...please stop for the sake of all of us
    Lighten up cowboy, it was all tongue in cheek, sheesh.

:l

-jake-

Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    Colt Brennan, Jamal Charles, Mario Mannigham...in the nicest form possible your picks in those categories are 'misplaced'..try ...Erik Ainge, Chris Johnson, Earl Bennett...happy Dez?...i apologize and this isn't the right post to say it because Barry's post is purely opinion, but at times it gets a little ridiculous on here...and i can't help but say something
    there are ways of saying things and then there are ways of starting wars.

We try not to start wars here and its something everyone should try.

npow81 Guest

i apologize...this post is by far the wrong post to do this because it was purely opinion and he is entitled to it, but overall i am just disappointed by some of the stuff i read on here (i.e. if we trade Byrd/Wroten and this draft pick for this player I think it will work)

kstwild Guest

Hey love you have Bo Ruuuuud he is my nephew and that is a great linebacker name! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD just like his brother Barrett...
    I dont know if the Rams are looking at him but I hope he gets picked, a great young man with talent.

Kstwild