Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Name a "sleeper" you would like the Rams to draft ..

I'll start off with:

Tony Brinkhaus : Center : Minnesota : Ht: 6'3 Weight: 295 lbs.
    Brinkhaus is the anchor on the Gophers offensive line. Will be very attractive to NFL scouts as a athletic center. Is able to play any position on the offensive line. Plays with a lot of aggression and has quite the mean streak. One of the best offensive lineman in the Big Ten.

Should fit the in with Al Saunders preference for athleticism over bulk.

Decided to add another one as I can't make up my mind which of the two I like best ..

Brian Johnston DE out of Gardner-Webb (Gardner - who?) This guy is worth at least a look.
    Brian*Johnston, DE, Gardner-Webb - 2008 NFL Draft Scout Profile, Powered by The SportsXchange
    Last edited by MauiRam; -04-03-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: why not?

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: Name a "sleeper" you would like the Rams to draft ..

Tavaris Gooden, LB Miami, not sure if its a "sleeper", but i would really love to have him
    Built RAM tough

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Bruce Davis, DE/OLB, UCLA. Sure he may be undersized and didn't have the best combine numbers, but on the field for the Bruins he was an unstoppable disruptive force and sack monster who was a major reason the UCLA defense went from 114th in 2005 to the mid 30's in 2006 and 2007. He has an explosive burst off the edge, a non-stop motor, is a solid tackler and playmaker who has the athleticism to get up and deflect passes. He needs work on his coverage skills but could be a great situational pass rusher for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Tavaris Gooden, LB Miami, not sure if its a "sleeper", but i would really love to have him
    Gooden is projected to go in the late 2nd round or early third .. Not exactly a sleeper.

I don't know if there is criteria established for a sleeper, so I'll make up my own for the purpose of this thread. Sleepers: players projected to be selected no higher than the 5th round, all the way down to guys with only a marginal chance for being drafted at all ..

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Bruce Davis, DE/OLB, UCLA. Sure he may be undersized and didn't have the best combine numbers, but on the field for the Bruins he was an unstoppable disruptive force and sack monster who was a major reason the UCLA defense went from 114th in 2005 to the mid 30's in 2006 and 2007. He has an explosive burst off the edge, a non-stop motor, is a solid tackler and playmaker who has the athleticism to get up and deflect passes. He needs work on his coverage skills but could be a great situational pass rusher for the Rams.
    Bingo. He was an all-american, but doesn't have prototypical size or speed for the NFL, so it'll be really interesting to see how he works out. His drive is there and he plays much better than his combine. I can very much see Davis as one of those key role players who drops in the draft but ends up being a star on a team like the Colts.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I previously listed Bruce Davis as my top sleeper for Day 2. I think he could really contribute as a situational pass rusher.

Some others:

Kevin Robinson, WR/KR, Utah State
    Anthony Hoke, OLB, Cincinnati
    Hilee Taylor, OLB, North Carolina
    Henry Smith, DT, Texas A&M

keith m. klink Guest

GREAT JOB , MR MAUI ! i'll throw you out a few . everyone loves the 1-2 round guy's and everyone know's the HOT names every year , i love the late round guy's ( i actually picked HEDGECOCK for the RAMS in the 7th round . so i'll give you 3 guy's from 2 very bad teams that could make a team happy .

JAMEEL McCLAIN - DE/ILB - SYRACUSE . 6"1 and 253 lbs
    and 2 little known guy's who play safety CALEB CAMPBELL - SS - ARMY .6'2 and 223 lbs and McCLAINS teammate JOE FIELDS - SS . SYRACUSE- 6"0 205 lbs and a 4.49 .

I will pick positions of need the most, that is why positions like RB , TE are not addressed .

QB'S
    T.C. OSTRANDER-STANFORD , MATT FLYNN- LSU

FB'S
    JED COLLINS -WASH. ST , MIKE PETERSON- N.W. MISSOURI ST.

WR'S
    STEVE JOHNSON- KENTUKY , BRIAN PAYSINGER - OREGON

OT'S
    COREY CLARK -TEXAS A&M , BRANDON KEITH -N. IOWA , JOSH SITTON - C. FLA.

OG'S

MIKE GIBSON -CALIFORNIA , SHANNON TEVEGA -UCLA ,SHAWN MURPHY - UTAH ST.

OC'S

DOUG LEGURSKY - MARSHALL , MATT SPANOS -USC , ADAM SPIEKER -MISSOURI

DE'S
    RUDOLPH HARDIE- HOWARD , ADAMM OLIVER - GT

DT'S
    BARRY BOOKER- VT , DEREK LOKEY- TEXAS

LB'S
    RONNIE MCCULLOUGH - BETH. COOKMAN , VINCE REDD -LIBERTY (6"5 263 4.80 , this guy could be a late rd steal i think , he could come in same as L.LITTLE and be a pure rush end . 7-10 more lbs of muscle and this kid could be a monster on sundays .

S'S
    DERRICK DOGGETT-OREGON ST.

CB'S
    TYVON BRANCH - CONN. , DARNELL TERRELL- MISSOURI

and that does it for me guy's , thanks that was fun .

eric2810 is offline Registered User

I'd Like to see the rams take Chauncy Washington, only because im not sold on antonio pittman yet, and im pretty sure leonard is playing fullback. Chauncy ran a 4-40 at his pro day and thats impressive with his size. Maybe he can take some reps when steven's out, after all, the 2 back system is working for alot of teams right now. :l

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I have three
    Jerome Simpson, WR, Coastal Carolina- fast great leaper great route runner good size comparable to Reggie Wayne or T.J. Housmenzedah (killed his name).

Antwuan Molden, CB, Eastern Kentucky- fast physical corner great coverage skills and great size

Trevor Scott, DE, Buffalo- biggest sleeper former TE great of edge. Raw at the position is relentless and a good pass rusher

STLunatic is offline Registered User

J Lehman - LB- Illinois I think he is a huge steal maybe in the 5th-6th round range.

Jack Iwegeagou (SP?) - CB - Wisconsin First round talent got screwed with injury, wont behere this year but a year of sitting around learning we could have a young talented core the year after.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Here are a few of my sleepers, all of whom happen to be named Johnson oddly enough...

Tyrell Johnson, FS/SS - I don't know where he is slated to be drafted, but as an A-State alumn myself, I have to beat the drum for the guy a little bit. He was a great player on a bad team. He had 8 interceptions in 2007, putting him near the top in that category in Division I-A and that was at the safety position. He'll definitely have to make a big transition into the NFL, as the Sun Belt Conference is just a hair above Division I-AA ball. However, he's a big hitter and a ball hawk who runs a 4.45 forty and can jump for the ball. He's good in run support and has the speed if not great skill in coverage.

Curtis Johnson, OLB/DE - He led Division II in sacks in 2007 with 13.5 in 11 games. Like Bruce Davis, he's a pass rush artist who played DE in college but is projected to linebacker in the pros. However, he is a little bigger than Davis, a little faster than Davis, and will probably be available later in the draft than Davis. He's a tweener, and he hails from a lesser division. Supposedly he impressed at the East-West Shrine game, though. Apparently, Div-I teams were interested in him as a prospect, but academics forced him to a Div-II school.

Josh Johnson, QB - Another small school guy, Josh runs a 4.55 forty, has a college career completion percentage of 68% over the course of 42 games, and threw 43 touchdowns to just 1 interception in 2007 (he has 113 career TDs to 15 ints). Although he was playing at a Div I-AA school, his head coach at San Diego was former NFL quarterback Jim Harbaugh.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -04-03-2008 at 11:54 PM.

RANDYRAM Guest

I really like DE Trevor Scott alot big sleeper!6'5" 256lbs 4.52 40 32reps@225 buffalo

SS Caleb Cam bell 6'2" 223lbs 4.48 40 Army

WR Chaz Schilens 6'.4" 225lbs 4.36 40 43"huge vert San Diego st

DT/NG Derek Lokey 6'2" 288lbs 38rep@225 5.06 40 Texas

FB Tyler Whaley 6'1" 265lbs 34reps@225 4.70 40 Ohio st

SS Josh Barrett 6'2" 223lbs 4.30 40 comming off knee injury not a sleeper but
    maybe good value in later RDs AZ st

FS Corey Lynch 6'1" 202lbs 4.52 40 111 tkls Appalachian st
    (voted defensive player of the year by other coaches in there league)

DE Brian Johnston 6'5" 274lbs 4.65 40 35"vert Gardner Webb (very quick 1.5 10yrd split the same time as D. MAC ) alot like C.Long

DE Jason Jones 6'5" 273lbs 4.67 40 Eastern Michigan

[QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Josh Johnson, QB - Another small school guy, Josh runs a 4.55 forty, has a college career completion percentage of 68% over the course of 42 games, and threw 43 touchdowns to just 1 interception in 2007 (he has 113 career TDs to 15 ints). Although he was playing at a Div I-AA school, his head coach at San Diego was former NFL quarterback Jim Harbaugh.
    Josh was actually on the list I had worked up for Av's "pick em" contest, but at the last moment I swapped him for Will Franklin. I would love to see the Rams grab this guy somewhere on day 2 ..

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Come on, guys. Sleepers? Most of these guys aren't even drowsy? Let's really dig deep here for some names nobody has heard of...............how 'bout........

Pierre Garcon - WR, Mt. Union --- 6'0", 210, runs mid 4.4's, good hands, good blocker, and can return kicks

Sevohn Greer - SS, Harding --- 5'9", 190, slight build but linebacker mindset; a poor man's Bob Sanders.........................okay, maybe a homeless & blind/deaf man's Bob Sanders, but still

Okay, so Greer isn't going to play at the next level, but I have to put in a Harding grad this time each year. Much like I did two years ago with Tank Daniels, the Giants backup LB (& Harding's first Super Bowl Champion) who forced the fumble on the Bucs KO return to start the 2nd half of their playoff game.

Now there's some sleepers for you. Did I say sleepers?........more like comatose!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

IF we pass on Dorsey, my sleeper would be Frank Okam...DT from Texas. Not sugar coating this...could be another Wroten. First Round talent, Fourth Round effort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast