throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Name your first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Curry is a luxury pick that we can not afford right now. Games are won in the trenches and with the line we have right now, we aren't likely to win many games. The pick has to be a OT and IMO Monroe is the best of the bunch
    LUXURY!? Have you looked at our linebackers lately. IMHO they are in much worse shape then our oline. It would be hard to find a luxury pick for the Rams right now. Im thinking Bennie Wells would be a luxury pick, perhaps to an extent Orakpo with little and long at de. No Curry would fill a very BIG need. The Patriots getting Michael Crabtree is a luxury, Curry coming in and starting day one is in my opinion a need.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    LUXURY!? Have you looked at our linebackers lately. IMHO they are in much worse shape then our oline. It would be hard to find a luxury pick for the Rams right now. Im thinking Bennie Wells would be a luxury pick, perhaps to an extent Orakpo with little and long at de. No Curry would fill a very BIG need. The Patriots getting Michael Crabtree is a luxury, Curry coming in and starting day one is in my opinion a need.
    There is a reason LBs are not taken in the top 5 often let alone #2. How are we going to field a competitive team if our O-line looks like it does now? Marc will have VERY little time in the pocket and Jackson will have his work cut out for him and would be a high chance to get injured again, if he is breaking tackles to get back to the line of scrimmage.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

There is a reason LBs are not taken in the top 5 often let alone #2. How are we going to field a competitive team if our O-line looks like it does now? Marc will have VERY little time in the pocket and Jackson will have his work cut out for him and would be a high chance to get injured again, if he is breaking tackles to get back to the line of scrimmage.
    I agree that we could use an improvement on our o line, particularly at right tackle, however I don't think we should throw away our draft board just because we need a certain position. Now if Jason Smith or my OT preference Eugene Monroe is rated as the highest player, then great, but you don't pass on a player that is higher rated just because of position. Granted there are exceptions, such as we don't need a QB or RB or C or G or K or P. Other than that, I think we need an upgrade.

I think our o line is better at this point than last year.
    "Gasp, but C-Mob we lost the best lineman in Rams history!"
    I know, but I think the core of our oline will be dominant, particularly opening holes for S Jax. Sure we may need to keep a TE in to block, but what else is new since MMM left town?

And finally, I hate using past drafts to judge who or who we should not take. Sure Ray Lewis fell to the late twenties, but would you not take Ray Ray with the second overall pick? Thats what I think Curry can become, and I don't feel like Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe is the next Orlando Pace.

And before people say a player like Pace only comes around once in a lifetime, we are looking at a once in a lifetime player in Curry. At least IMHO.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Every year we hear "Take the best player available" and as the draft draws closer people start freaking out about obvious holes. Curry is the closest to a sure thing in this draft and he's dominant at his position. That can not be said about any of the OTs (just look at how people can't decide between the two available). Even today in the Post they have an article that these guys aren't sure things at LT and there are large questions. Smith is even talked about as being better at guard for some teams.

You can get a very solid OT in the second round to fill holes. Gerald Cadogan or Jamon Meredith will be available in the second round.

Take the best player available - we can't afford to whiff on this pick.

Andre Smith was talked about being a better guard, not Jason. I have heard that Monroe has as good of footwork as Joe Thomas, if not better. I'm a big fan of Thomas and i honestly think that Barron is not the answer at LT.

"but his best season was at LT"
    Yeah, HIS best season... thats not saying that much...

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

its still Curry for me...im kinda tired of going through all this tho..some want us to pick the best player in this draft...others want us to pick up anyone who got OT next to his name...

i just hope the Rams pick the best choice...my choice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    its still Curry for me...im kinda tired of going through all this tho..some want us to pick the best player in this draft...others want us to pick up anyone who got OT next to his name...

i just hope the Rams pick the best choice...my choice!!
    hahaha, what a thing to say. You make it sound like the 2 OT's in this draft are trash. Sorry we win more games with a better Oline then having an OLB play MLB

Rambos is offline Registered User

Eugene Monroe

Time to rebuild, from the inside out.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Brandon Pettigrew. I'm excited to see what Linehan can do with all these TE's
    Last edited by itsguud; -04-15-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Ooooo we are past that! nice

jquarando is offline Registered User

Curry. None of those OT's are close to Pace's level and dont even look as enticing as J.Long last year or Joe Thomas the year before. Curry fills a need and is also the Best Player available.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru2012 View Post
    And they have a QB with great pocket presence and creativity, you need this with a bad O-Line if you expect to win any games.
    His "creativity" and "great pocket presence" led to taking 46 sacks and an 22nd ranked offense. It seems to me that Roth's best attribute is not creativity, but a hard chin.

On second thought, maybe Big Ben truly is creative if, as a QB, he can lead the Steelers to a #1 rank Defense, as they were.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Andre Smith was talked about being a better guard, not Jason.
    Nope, read it about Jason Smith. He's still learning his position and his draft status is based upon his potential, not his current abilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12