RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Name your Top 5 most overrated players in the draft

1) Mathias Kiwanuka
    2) Ashton Youboty
    3) Marcus McNeill
    4) Elvis Dumervil
    5) Daniel Bullocks

I don't think these players will bust, but I think they've been getting more attention in recent weeks/months then they probably deserve. Though guys like Kiwanuka and Dumervil are starting to slip.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

1.)Vince Young
    2.)Mathias Kiwanuka
    3.)Charlie Whitehurst
    4.)Lendale White
    5.)Jimmy Williams.

I dont think that Vince Young is going to end up being a QB in the NFL. There are a lot of questions that he didnt answer incollege about his accuracy and arm strength.

Nick handled Kiwanuka pretty well.

Whitehurst is not a good QB. He makes horrible decisions. If he doesnt have the intelligence to play QB in college, how will he be able to do that in the NFL? Simple answer, he wont.

Lendale White lacks top end speed. He's going to be a good power back, but he needs a speed back to be with him in order for him to succeed.

Jimmy Williams lacks maturity to step in and be an effective corner for a long time. He is a boom or bust kind of guy. He'll either be a great CB or he'll be out of the league in a few years. I'm not placing a first round bet on a guy's maturity.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

1. Mathias Kiwanuka
    2. Ernie Sims
    3. Haloti Ngata
    4. Ashton Youboty
    5. Chad Jackson

As Nick said, I'm not sayin' these guys suck, just that they aren't as good as the airtime they're currently getting.

And I'll go one step further......the 5 most UNDER-rated.

1. Santonio Holmes
    2. LenDale White
    3. Tamba Hali
    4. Winston Justice
    5. Broderick Bunkley
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Lendale White lacks top end speed. He's going to be a good power back, but he needs a speed back to be with him in order for him to succeed.
    Just my opinion, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. White could be the next Bettis. And the Bus never needed a speed back in front of him. He did need Tim Lester in front of him for a lot of his career, but that's a different story.
    Last edited by HUbison; -02-14-2006 at 10:31 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

1. Matt Leinert
    2. Sinorice Moss
    3. Elvis Dumervil

Just my opinion, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. White could be the next Bettis. And the Bus never needed a speed back in front of him. He did need Tim Lester in front of him for a lot of his career, but that's a different story.
    Well Bettis has good foot speed. He was never really slow. I think that White is slow. Everyone was impressed by his display at the Rose Bowl, but if he had that top end speed those runs of his would have been TDs instead of 10-15 yards here and there. I think he needs a change of pace back to help him out. A guy that will come in there and shred the defense after he has worn them out. If he doesnt have that, then I question his worth as a first round selection.

jmashore is offline Registered User

1. Vince Young
    2. Santonio Holmes
    3. Vernon Davis
    4. Greenway
    5. Moss

Under-rated
    1. LenDale White
    2. Marcedes Lewis
    3. Derek Hagan
    4. Spencer Havner
    5. Darnell Bing

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Well Bettis has good foot speed. He was never really slow. I think that White is slow. Everyone was impressed by his display at the Rose Bowl, but if he had that top end speed those runs of his would have been TDs instead of 10-15 yards here and there. I think he needs a change of pace back to help him out. A guy that will come in there and shred the defense after he has worn them out. If he doesnt have that, then I question his worth as a first round selection.
    FWIW, White's 40 time (per nfldraftcountdown.com) is the same as DeAngelo Williams and Lawrence Maroney. And surprisingly (to me anyway) is that White's time (4.50) is not far off Bush's time (4.44).

Adamjk is offline Registered User

1. Vince Young
    2. Matt Leinart
    3. Jimmy Williams

Can't be bothered thinking about fuve so here's my three most overrated players in the draft.

Vince Young has got to be top, especially if he gets selected in the top 3. Whena QB says that he's considering not throwing in the combine, there's got to be something wrong.

Second goes to Matt Leinart. While I do think that he has the potential to be a great QB, the truth is that he has been surrounded by other quality players that have made him look better than he actually is.

Third goes to Jimmy Williams. I hope to God that we don't take him in the draft. Huff, Davis or Greenway instead

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    1) MIchael Huff
    4) Demeco Ryans
    Huff is widely regarded as a top 10-15 prospect. Ryans is probably a mid first round guy, probably anywhere from 14-25. What is it you disagree with about their ratings? Or are you saying they're overrated because of the attention they get at this board?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Huff is widely regarded as a top 10-15 prospect. Ryans is probably a mid first round guy, probably anywhere from 14-25. What is it you disagree with about their ratings? Or are you saying they're overrated because of the attention they get at this board?
    No I just think there overrated. Ryans is smart but doesn't have that physical ability to be a force in the NFL IMO. And Huff I just think is. I'd rather take Williams, Bing, Harper, and Pollard over him. Plus we drafted 3 DBs in the first 4 rounds last draft.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I'd rather take Williams, Bing, Harper, and Pollard over him.
    Wow. Well, like you said, it's your opinion.

Ryans is smart but doesn't have that physical ability to be a force in the NFL IMO.
    Because there have never been OLBs in the NFL who relied more on intelligence and instinct than raw physical ability? There are quite a few guys in the Hall of Fame who would take the time to disagree.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I can't think of 3 over rated but i can think of a few under rated:
    1)Vernon Davis
    2)Santonio Holmes
    3)Omar Jacobs
    4)Chad Jackson
    5)(I'll just throw this out there)Bruce Eugene LOL

Vernon Davis just because nobody thinks about us drafting him even though he is a great athlete.

Santonio Holmes because he is fast not a lot of height but could be used like a Steve Smith or Santana Moss and he is also a very good returner.

Omar Jacobs because think about this MAC quarterback, under rated because of his conference. Sound Familiar?Ben Roethlisberger.I also wish he would have gone to the senior bowl(I don't know if he is a senior)because I think he could of kept himself from sliding behind Croyle.

Chad Jackson won every receiving competition in a college football thing (I'm not sure what it was) and there was a one part that the player had to catch balls coming from different directions at about 70 mph and he showed great hands in the competition.

Bruce Eugene, he's huge and has a great arm!LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast