Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: Name your Top 5 most overrated players in the draft

Since everyone is doing underrated. I'll follow along this route.

1.)Brodie Croyle
    2.)Leonard Pope
    3.)Freddie Roach
    4.)Omar Jacobs
    5.)DeAngelo Williams

Brodie had a pretty good career at Alabama considering everything that happened. This guy suffered through three different head coaches and a horrible O-Line last season. He has a cannon of an arm and has good pocket presence. He can throw those short 15 yard slants dead on and he can flick the ball 70 yards downfield. Also, he has a great eye for the field. He threw a grand total of 4 INTs with an O-line that couldnt block and a very young receiving corps.

Leonard Pope is probably the best blocking TE in this draft. He's 6'7, has had an excellent college career, and is rated as the 3rd best TE by many draft boards. This guy should be right behind Vernon Davis. He's young and has great hands. He could develop into one of the best TE's in the league in just a few years.

Freddie Roach had a great career at Alabama. He dominated the middle of the defense and helped shut down many running games. He has played at OLB and MLB. Although he does not have great size or speed, he is a tough player who dissects running plays very quickly and can cover very well.

Omar Jacobs had a great college career. I think he should have gone to the Senior Bowl, but he decided not to and that has hurt his status. I would put him above Charlie Whitehurst because Omar makes better decisions.

DeAngelo is rated as my #1 pure RB in the draft. No one even compares to him. Reggie offers more diversity, but if you want a guy to carry the rock 20-25 times a game, DeAngelo is your guy. He's lightning fast with deceptive strength. I think he'll come out of this draft as the best rookie RB that the league has seen in a while.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Hodgins is offline Registered User

1) jay cutler
    2) vernon davis
    3) reggie bush
    4) tye hill
    5) tamba hali

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

socalramfan is offline Registered User

Lendale White
    Reggie Bush
    Matt Leinhart
    Pete Carol
    USC football

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by socalramfan
    Lendale White
    Reggie Bush
    Matt Leinhart
    Pete Carol
    USC football
    are you really from southern california?

socalramfan is offline Registered User

Yah why I think there are more people from so cal thats sick of SC than anywhere else. Plus im a UCLA fan

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

1. LenDale White
    2. LenDale White
    3. LenDale White
    4. LenDale White
    5. LenDale White

He had a good season in which he was under-rated but since the rose bowl he has been highly over-rated

:clanram:

Varg6 is offline Registered User

reggie will suck with no protection, he'll be slaughtered, and matt leinart is NOT that good at all. he's so overrated it makes me sick. I think vince young however is going to be excellent with the right guidance...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

I think vince young however is going to be excellent with the right guidance...
    Right. Because he faced so many excellent defenses. (sarcasm) I'm not impressed with Young at all. His arm is vastly overrated and he has demonstrated that by saying he wont throw at the combine. He also lacks the intelligence to be an effective NFL QB.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The more I see and hear, the more I think Jay Cutler is actually the best QB in this draft. Leinert and Young may be fighting for 2nd place among QBs.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

1. Vince Young - very raw passer, will need at least a season on the bench to adjust his mechanics
    2. Mathias Kiwanuka - exposed by D'Brick at the senior bowl and has really fallen down alot of picks lately.
    3. Jimmy Williams - his stock has also taken a huge hit and is not portrayed what he was earlier in the year.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    He also lacks the intelligence to be an effective NFL QB.
    Is this based on personal opinion? Mike Martz, who knows a thing or two about quarterbacks was quoted as saying Vince Young is going to be "special" in the NFL and a "nightmare to defend". Young deserves a chance to prove himself before any labels are arbitrarily placed upon him.

Is this based on personal opinion? Mike Martz, who knows a thing or two about quarterbacks was quoted as saying Vince Young is going to be "special" in the NFL and a "nightmare to defend". Young deserves a chance to prove himself before any labels are arbitrarily placed upon him.
    Mike Martz is a nutjob. Plain and simple. I take what he says with a grain of salt. "We're going to RUN the football" "Improve the defense" "Not destroy a potential dynasty" All lies. Martz destroyed the Rams and I have no respect for the man at all.

Mike Martz is a nutjob. Plain and simple. I take what he says with a grain of salt. "We're going to RUN the football" "Improve the defense" "Not destroy a potential dynasty" All lies. Martz destroyed the Rams and I have no respect for the man at all.
    Um, OK. What do you base your statement questioning Young's intelligence on? Just curious.

What do you base your statement questioning Young's intelligence on?
    From what I saw from him. So many receivers open, streaking across the field. So many times that he tucked it and ran with those receivers open. He's a taller and slower version of Mike Vick. I also question his decision to come out this year. He still had a lot to prove, but came to the NFL for money. I dont like guys that do that.

From what I saw from him. So many receivers open, streaking across the field. So many times that he tucked it and ran with those receivers open. He's a taller and slower version of Mike Vick. I also question his decision to come out this year. He still had a lot to prove, but came to the NFL for money. I dont like guys that do that.
    So he doesn't have enough intelligence to make it in the NFL because you saw him run the ball instead of pass it on a few occasions? BOTH his passing and rushing numbers were off the charts in 2005. When he did decide to throw the ball he hit his recievers over 65% of the time. Just maybe he knew what he was doing and is smarter than you give him credit for. As for the decision to come out early, do you think all athletes that make that decision aren't intelligent or just Vince Young?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast