RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

NCAA | Young may skip throwing at the NFL Combine

NCAA | Young may skip throwing at the NFL Combine
    Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:27:19 -0800

Chip Brown, of the Dallas Morning News, reports Texas QB Vince Young may not throw at the NFL Combine, according to agent Major Adams. Adams, who stated last month that Young would throw for teams at the NFL combine beginning next week, now says Young may not throw and instead may only interview with teams. When asked why it might not be a good thing for Young to throw at the combine, Adams replied, "Unfamiliar surroundings, unfamiliar receivers." The NFL combine in Indianapolis begins Feb. 22. Young said during a public appearance on Saturday at The Galleria in Houston that he plans to interview with teams and "probably throw a little bit."

RamsFan16

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: NCAA | Young may skip throwing at the NFL Combine

I'm going to go ahead and call it. This guy will be a bust at the QB position. He will never be a good NFL QB
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Sounds like he is scared or something. I mean the NFL Combine is the ultimate place to show your talent. This would be stupid on his part!
    RamsFan16

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

"Unfamiliar surroundings, unfamiliar recievers?" Does he think he's going to be playing with guys he has known for years when he gets into the NFL? The less he does before the draft, the more he is going to be seen as a project at QB rather than a solution to a team's problems worthy of a high draft pick.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think there are too many people (agents, advisors, etc.) who are "handling" players during the pre-draft process.

If I'm a NFL GM, I want a guy who says "you want to see me throw? Get me a ball. You want to see me run a 40? Go grab your stop watch. You want to see me run through a brick wall? Show me the wall."

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I think there are too many people (agents, advisors, etc.) who are "handling" players during the pre-draft process.

If I'm a NFL GM, I want a guy who says "you want to see me throw? Get me a ball. You want to see me run a 40? Go grab your stop watch. You want to see me run through a brick wall? Show me the wall."
    Exactly. Not someone who says "I'm not going to pass because of the unfamiliar surroundings"
    RamsFan16