Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ndamukong Suh

Frito is offline Registered User

Ndamukong Suh

Best Player in the Draft Period.

We need players to build a franchise.

Remember when we drafted Orlando Pace?
    He started his rookie season at LT and dominated.

Remember when we drafted Torry Holt?
    He started at WR and dominated.

When there is a phenom player that you know will succeed you take him. You don't take chances with a guy that you hope will develop or has good potential at a position of need.

Right now we need guys at every position so, why not take The Best Player In College? Arguably deserving of the Heisman as a Defensive Linemen.

The most important pieces to a winning team are the Offensive and Defensive Lines anyway in my opinion.

A GREAT D-LINE makes average linbackers and secondary look like superstars. LB's all of a sudden dont have linemen blocking them and the secondary doesnt have to cover as long.

A GREAT O-LINE makes average qb's, rb's and wr's go to Hawaii.

With "Ndamukong Suh" I believe he would come in immediatly and command double and triple teams. This would make Long look like his dad Howieback in the day. Leonard would find the fountain of youth and Lauranitus would look like a healthy Urlacher. Our secondary wouldnt find the need to cover guys for 7 seconds anymore either. Guess what that means? Some 3 and outs for a change, so maybe the offence could have a lot more chances to hand the ball to Steven Jackson.

Just a dream i had last night.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Ndamukong Suh

Cant argue with your logic. Few exagerations here and there. Tripple teams as a rookie Haynesworth doesn't get that as a vet, Heisman? Is anything really guaranteed these days? I wont argue he is the best player the draft and at this point there is no one really close.

It will be an extremely tough decision between a franchise QB or a talented player like Suh. On the other hand we may not even get that choice because I don't think we will be picking first I think the Browns will

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I cant argue that we should take him in the draft if he falls to us. I think if we take him then pike will probably fall to the second round anyway and we can grab him for our qb. He will be bpa in the draft but we both know that no defensive lineman will win the heisman.

And btw superstars dont go ti hawaii this year they go to Miami :P

Frito is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Few exagerations here and there.
    That's the part in my dream last night.

The big reason for the post was the fact that FANS are considering a QB. I think he would just get killed and be ruined. Until we build a O-Line to protect him its throwing money away and ruining a career I believe.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Frito View Post
    That's the part in my dream last night.

The big reason for the post was the fact that FANS are considering a QB. I think he would just get killed and be ruined. Until we build a O-Line to protect him its throwing money away and ruining a career I believe.
    We have an OL to protect him, Bulger has hardly been hit or sacked in recent games

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I have said it before--IF Suh is on the board when the Rams pick, he will be a Ram. Lock. Suh will be a play maker on Sundays in the NFL. He will change games. He will be on ESPN. I have been watching this guy, and he has great character, a strong personality, a quick mind, and is pound-for-pound one of the top-10 athletes in the draft (@6'4" and 305 pounds).

I love him. GoRams!
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    We have an OL to protect him, Bulger has hardly been hit or sacked in recent games
    I would have to agree. The person giving up the most sacks is Jason Smith and he is still a pretty raw rookie, but I still think he will be verry good player. All the guys are getting it done in the run game especially Smith.

LT- Smith
    LG- Bell (people rag on him but he has played well)
    C- Brown
    RG- Goldberg
    RT- Grecco (interchangeable with Goldberg)

Continuity is huge on the offensive line keeping one group together just allows it continue to improve. We could probably use some guys to compete on at either position on the right side just to bolster depth.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, slowly but surely our offensive line seems to be making progress. Of course, with Barron and Incognito hitting free agency this year, there could be some changes there. In any case, I don't think it's too early to be thinking quarterback, but that depends entirely on whether we think we can get a guy who can lead the franchise for the next 10-15 years. Whether we address QB, DT, or some other position, the important thing is going to be to get a difference-maker. Suh might be just that.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Why would we want a guy whose name is impossible to pronounce? Ndamukong ?? en-DOM'-uh-ken Soo? Can you imagine the absolute butchery that will ensue when the bottom level announcers that call Ram games try "Ndamukong Suh" on for size?

How about that other guy from Oklahoma? He's about the same size, and his name is much easier to pronounce: Gerald McCoy .. Nice ring to it ..

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

yea i think think we should get him. imagine him next to long, a healthy cariker then we will have a dominat d line for years to come. but i dont know if he will fall to us.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I know some people are high on this guy, but personally I have my eye on someone else. Terrence Cody aka Mount Cody. He's 6'4 and 350lbs. And not only that he is quick and agile. Not common traits that you see in many large defensive lineman. I don't think the top defensive tackle will emerge until post columbine. I also think that with no clear cut top picks for a franchise quarterback, a lot of the top teams are going to target defensive tackle, since there seems to be a surplus of top level defensive tackles this year.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Fine letz get this guy and not get a franchise QB and wait till the 4th quarter for Suh and the rest of the D can get tired.

We need someone that we can be confident that our QB can get us 1st downs

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Fine letz get this guy and not get a franchise QB and wait till the 4th quarter for Suh and the rest of the D can get tired.

Unless it's Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, that won't help us. We just don't have a team that can outscore the other team. On the other hand, if we just get a game manager, which I believe Marc Bulger can be, atleast for another season, then we let the defense be aggressive, stop the offense and create turnovers. What better way to do that then to get a large defensive tackles? The defensive tackles coming out this year are going to be game changers. Every year we have top quarterbacks coming out. Rather take the good while I know it's good.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post

Trent Dilfer, or someone as good as him, can get you 1st downs.

Again, a killer defense lessens the need to grab TEH GL0R1U$ FRANCH1$3 QUART3RBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111one

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Why would we want a guy whose name is impossible to pronounce? Ndamukong ?? en-DOM'-uh-ken Soo? Can you imagine the absolute butchery that will ensue when the bottom level announcers that call Ram games try "Ndamukong Suh" on for size?

How about that other guy from Oklahoma? He's about the same size, and his name is much easier to pronounce: Gerald McCoy .. Nice ring to it ..

Just call him SUH-prise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast