Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ndamukong Suh

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Ndamukong Suh

Best Player in the Draft Period.
    In November, that would be "Question Mark", not "Period"

I like the kid, and he may be the BPA. At this point, I wouldn't mind the Rams spending their 1st on him. But with a portion of the regular season, bowl games, all-star games, Combine, and campus workouts in front of them all, no draft proclamation ends in a period.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

I like cody also, and i would love him if we were picking 15th. But picking in the top 3, i dont think you can take a two down player. I watched Suh last week vs Oklahoma. I have no problem with him as a Ram and i agree he is likely the #1 overall pick.

Franchise qb is great if there is a franchise qb on the board, which there isnt, unless Bradford's shoulder is 100%, which we likely wont know before the draft. Just because we need a qb long term doesnt mean we can or should use a very high pick on the best available qb if he is not a franchise caliber guy. Thats how you wind up in trouble with the akili Smith's of the world.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Just because we need a qb long term doesnt mean we can or should use a very high pick on the best available qb if he is not a franchise caliber guy. That's how you wind up in trouble with the akili Smith's of the world.
    Absolutely! With all the holes we have on this team, we cannot afford to miss - even more so if we are picking in the top 5. For sure we need to find and groom a QB to lead this franchise, but there is no clearcut "can't miss" QB coming out in next year's draft (so far anyway); besides, there are NFL QBs who play extremely well who were not 1st rd picks.

louistheram is offline Registered User

The Rams have fallen apart in the last few years. I for one do not think that Clausen is worth millions of dollars and a #1/#2 pick. He will not come in and save the team. He is a project at best. Bradford is not worth the pick no matter how his injury recovery works out. Every other QB isn't a first round pick. Take a look at Pike, LeFevour, or Canfield at the top of round 2. So taking Suh is the best option. If TB has the 1st pick then take McCoy at 2. Suh or McCoy has much better value and upside on the defense. Really the team gives up about 10 points that takes them out of games. Get Suh/McCoy, a QB, a new OLB and make the team competitive again.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by louistheram View Post
    The Rams have fallen apart in the last few years. I for one do not think that Clausen is worth millions of dollars and a #1/#2 pick. He will not come in and save the team. He is a project at best. Bradford is not worth the pick no matter how his injury recovery works out. Every other QB isn't a first round pick. Take a look at Pike, LeFevour, or Canfield at the top of round 2. So taking Suh is the best option. If TB has the 1st pick then take McCoy at 2. Suh or McCoy has much better value and upside on the defense. Really the team gives up about 10 points that takes them out of games. Get Suh/McCoy, a QB, a new OLB and make the team competitive again.
    beg to differ... id go with the next best talent off the board not the next best talent at Suhs position (Mccoy) id pick Eric Berry...ultimate playmaker.....(let OJ walk and pick up draft picks)... upgrade DT spot in later rounds with spags' expertise that way we'd have a captain on everylevel of defense....LB - Laurainitis .....DE LONG.......DB Berry

TheRammer Guest

Bottom line is that Suh will be the best TALENT and the best player at a NEED for us when we pick #1 overall So that's who'LL we will take...

Frito is offline Registered User

Suh. He, is it man. A true game changer.
    Salary at this pick is the risk. Pick right player or paralyse the team for the next few years. A QB will double to triple that risk based on dollars. DT are not at the top of the Salary list.

So how do we know who to pick? Look at the history of the player. Who is around this guy? No One! He made this defense better all by himself. He made this team a contender! When an Offense couldnt get a first down he kept them in the game!

DetLionsFan is offline Registered User

Hello all. New here, and as my name states, I am indeed a lions fan (insert joke here). A very nice site you have here. I was just trying to get some fan perspective as far as who the rams should take, as it appears we will have the first two picks, if nothing more changes. From reading, it is pretty obvious the majority want the rams to take Suh. I certainly agree, I adhere to the "don't miss with the #1 pick" theory, and he seems to be the safe pick in that sense. Of course, I was also a proponent of the lions taking Aaron Curry last year, so what do I know!? Anyway, why do you guys think the mock drafts thus far (granted, it is WAY early) seem to have either Bradford or Clausen going first? Is it the "they don't have a franchise QB of the future and will take one" theory, or perhaps the drafting of Chris Long? Obviously, I would like (for selfish reasons I admit) the rams to pass on Suh, but I think Gerald McCoy is much closer to Suh than most are giving him credit for, so he will be a great consolation prize if Suh does go 1st overall. Anyway, just looking to talk draft (aka the lions fans super bowl)

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DetLionsFan View Post
    Anyway, why do you guys think the mock drafts thus far (granted, it is WAY early) seem to have either Bradford or Clausen going first? Is it the "they don't have a franchise QB of the future and will take one" theory, or perhaps the drafting of Chris Long?
    Welcome to the board, DLF!

I think many mocks that project a quarterback to the Rams rightfully view this team as one that needs a QB of the future. Bulger is aging and has trouble staying healthy behind an inconsistent line, Boller is not the answer, and Null shows potential but maybe hasn't shown enough to warrant being "the guy" yet. So I don't think mock makers are misguided when they recognize the Rams' need for a young QB.

The problem is that they're projecting the Rams select a QB over a great prospect like Suh, which doesn't seem to make much sense in my mind. At this point, I don't think there's much question that Suh is the best prospect in this draft class, and having the Rams pass over him because "it's time the Rams took a QB" isn't very sound logic. The Rams' defense is one of the worst statistically in the league this season, ranking 29th in total yards allowed per game, including an average of 140+ on the ground. Outside of Clifton Ryan, their personnel at DT is mainly depth guys. Their need at DT is certainly legit, so it's not as if they're passing up a big need at QB for a luxury pick at DT.

The Rams don't strike me as a team that's going to betray their board simply because of the "it's time" quarterback logic, so I have a hard time seeing them pass on Suh for either of these two quarterbacks. If they were picking a slot or two lower, I think the likelihood of a QB would increase dramatically. I just can't imagine they'd pass on someone like Suh just because of a need at QB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12