throwback week

shower beers is offline Registered User

The Ndamukong Suh Thread

In the effort to consolidate the increasing amount of Suh threads, I'm hoping we can continue posting information in one, organized topic. So, if you stumble upon any tidbits about the player, maybe you could just post them here, eh?

Here's one to start off, from SI:

-------------------
    According to SI.com's Peter King, there is "little doubt" that Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh will be at the top of the Rams and Bucs' draft boards in 2010.
    King discussed Suh with Rams GM Bill Devaney and Bucs GM Mark Dominik. "He's got to be at the top, or very near the top, of every team's draft board," Dominik admitted. Another GM described Suh as having "Richard Seymour strength and Warren Sapp quickness." The Bucs, slated for a top-three pick, are the current favorites to draft Suh. The Rams need a franchise quarterback.
    Source: SI.com
    -------------------

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Ndamukong Suh Thread

That write-up is from Rotoworld. Here's the actual tidbit from King's SI article...

12. Ndamukong Suh is the best defensive player to come out of college football this decade. As I said on "Football Night in America'' last night, I spoke with the GMs of both one-win teams this weekend -- Billy Devaney of the Rams, Mark Dominik of the Bucs -- and there's little doubt that Suh will be at the top of the draft boards of both teams. Usually there's some doubt who the premier player in the draft will be four months out, but not this year.

"He's got to be at the top, or very near the top, of every team's draft board,'' Dominik said of Suh, the Nebraska defensive tackle who finished fourth in the Heisman race (Lord knows why). One GM of a losing team who has scouted Suh told me he has "Richard Seymour strength and Warren Sapp quickness.''

Said Dominik: "The only thing that worries me is living up to the hype. If he gets six sacks as a rookie playing defensive tackle, someone's going to call him a bust because of the high expectations. How's he going to handle that?'' Logical question ... but every top pick who ever gets picked has to deal with the weight of expectations. The book on Suh is he's a mature kid. He's just going to have to take it.

Mooselini Guest

I'm rooting for Tampa Bay for the rest of the year. We need this guy on our team.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

C'mon Josh Freeman! Help the Buc's win! You can do it!