Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Draft Rumors (QB Tannehill)

codeman123 is offline Registered User

New Draft Rumors (QB Tannehill)

"As for another incoming rookie quarterback, Ryan Tannehill will be on the Dolphins next year, according to Michael Lombardi.

"Ryan Tannehill seems to be heading to Miami. That's what I'm hearing," said Lombardi, who correctly predicted the Patriots drafting Ryan Mallett last year.

If the Dolphins want Tannehill, they'll have to take him at No. 8. "There's no way in the world the Seahawks are going to see Ryan Tannehill at 12," said Mike Mayock.

I agree with that. Many may think that No. 8 is too high for Tannehill, but think about what happened with Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert last year. Quarterbacks really get pushed up because of the demand at that position.

With that in mind, if Tannehill is off the board at No. 12 for the Seahawks, as Mayock projects, it wouldn't surprise me if Pete Carroll moves back a bit and takes either Brandon Weeden or Kirk Cousins later in the first round. Carroll really likes Cousins, and he may worry that the Michigan State product may not be there in Round 2. That may sound a bit crazy right now, but who would have thought that Ponder would be the 12th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft?"

There are also rumors that the Browns like Tannehill, and they need a QB. The absolute best thing would be that a team like the Seahawks either threaten to trade down to 6 (or to 4 with Cleveland) to bypass Miami OR that the Browns get scared that Tannehill won't pass Miami and just take him at 4. I can't imagine Claiborne getting by the Bucs, but it would make getting Blackmon a lot easier. It might also give the Rams even more future first round picks to trade down in a deal that would be at least as good as the ones the Browns got from Atlanta last year.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: New Draft Rumors (QB Tannehill)

More importantly... it's possible that we can use #6 as another springboard for a team, yes, even the Seachickens, to trade up and above Miami if they want Tannehill, assuming that he doesn't somehow go at #4(I can't see that... way too high).

We already got a huge bounty for #2, we can settle for a by the book trade and still come away quite happy from #6.
    I believe!

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I want Blackmon at #6 no more trading down unless someone gives up another kings ransom(which i dont see happening).Browns select TR or Tannehill and then the Bucs select Claiborne(since they got VJAC i dont see them taking blackmon, as be4 Vjac signing i thought they couldnt turn him down if he was there but now i think they will pass on him because WR not as pressing need as CB)and we take blackmon at #6 done deal.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Why wouldn't the Browns take Blackmon when they can probably grab the 2nd best back in the 2nd round if they so choose? Or grab one of the many guys available in free agency? They have Monterio Hardesty whom was supposed to be pretty good and can platoon him with someone cheaper than Richardson.

So, what do you do when Blackmon and Claiborne are gone? If one of them is there, absolutely we take them, but if not, we don't need Richardson with so many other holes, and we don't need a pass rusher. Trade the pick and get down to a better value spot for Floyd.
    I believe!

RuffRams is offline Registered User
    If you look look at it objectively I think yes browns will take blackmon. Why wouldn't they, they certainly won't be drafting a qb at #4 or Richardson when they have other glaring needs. I think with vjax going to Tampa, I also see a clearer Outlook on them picking up Trent Richardson. Add weapons for a fresh josh freeman coming in

So, if browns pick blackmon. I don't mind getting claiborne. Who cares if we have finnegan, I'm just trying to imagine a great cb combo for a few years, and a replacement for finnegan at the end of his contract. OR trade down but not too much and pick up Floyd.

And if Browns pick claiborne, then we go blackmon no question. I am 99% sure BUCS will go Richardson. But if they don't and browns/bucs draft claiborne/blackmon. Then we should definitely trade down

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    If you look look at it objectively I think yes browns will take blackmon. Why wouldn't they, they certainly won't be drafting a qb at #4 or Richardson when they have other glaring needs. I think with vjax going to Tampa, I also see a clearer Outlook on them picking up Trent Richardson. Add weapons for a fresh josh freeman coming in

So, if browns pick blackmon. I don't mind getting claiborne. Who cares if we have finnegan, I'm just trying to imagine a great cb combo for a few years, and a replacement for finnegan at the end of his contract. OR trade down but not too much and pick up Floyd.

And if Browns pick claiborne, then we go blackmon no question. I am 99% sure BUCS will go Richardson. But if they don't and browns/bucs draft claiborne/blackmon. Then we should definitely trade down
    Im definately fr taking Claiborne if he is there and Blackmons gone

If last year taught us anything its that we need depth at CB especially with injury prone Fletcher.

Finnegan
    Claiborne
    Fletcher
    Murphy
    Gordy?

Looks good to me.

But so does...

Blackman
    Another 1 or 2 added through FA/Draft
    Amendola
    Salas
    Pettis
    RuffRams likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

4getaboutit....we need a play making receiver. If we don't do something in free agency than we have to get Blackmon!
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Why wouldn't the Browns take Blackmon when they can probably grab the 2nd best back in the 2nd round if they so choose? Or grab one of the many guys available in free agency? They have Monterio Hardesty whom was supposed to be pretty good and can platoon him with someone cheaper than Richardson.

So, what do you do when Blackmon and Claiborne are gone? If one of them is there, absolutely we take them, but if not, we don't need Richardson with so many other holes, and we don't need a pass rusher. Trade the pick and get down to a better value spot for Floyd.
    To play devil's advocate, let's flip your question around: why wouldn't the Browns take Richardson when they could possibly grab the 2nd best receiver with their second first-round pick if they choose to do so? If I'm the Browns, I'd rather have Richardson/Floyd or Wright than Blackmon/Miller or Wilson.

As for Monterio Hardesty, he's struggled with injury, led all NFL running backs in drops as of mid-October despite being a situational player, was demoted to third-string late in the season, and even had the GM publicly down on him in December. If you're comparing young players who might lessen needs at their position, then I think Greg Little has more of an impact on the Browns' need at receiver than Hadesty does at running back.

Honestly, I could see them going in either direction. And I could see Claiborne as a darkhorse. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they take anyone, unless something happens here in free agency.

As for what the Rams do if both Blackmon and Claiborne are gone, that's the $64,000 question. Richardson will in all likelihood be the best player on the board, unless you've fallen in love with Riley Reiff or one of the DTs (I haven't, at least at the #6 spot). Trading down is a lot easier said than done; while teams are desperate for quarterbacks, I don't think there will be nearly as much interest in Tannehill @ 6 as there was Griffin @ 2. Besides, why trade with the Rams when you could trade with the Jaguars @ 7, who could also be looking to move down?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    To play devil's advocate, let's flip your question around: why wouldn't the Browns take Richardson when they could possibly grab the 2nd best receiver with their second first-round pick if they choose to do so? If I'm the Browns, I'd rather have Richardson/Floyd or Wright than Blackmon/Miller or Wilson.

As for Monterio Hardesty, he's struggled with injury, led all NFL running backs in drops as of mid-October despite being a situational player, was demoted to third-string late in the season, and even had the GM publicly down on him in December. If you're comparing young players who might lessen needs at their position, then I think Greg Little has more of an impact on the Browns' need at receiver than Hadesty does at running back.

Honestly, I could see them going in either direction. And I could see Claiborne as a darkhorse. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they take anyone, unless something happens here in free agency.

As for what the Rams do if both Blackmon and Claiborne are gone, that's the $64,000 question. Richardson will in all likelihood be the best player on the board, unless you've fallen in love with Riley Reiff or one of the DTs (I haven't, at least at the #6 spot). Trading down is a lot easier said than done; while teams are desperate for quarterbacks, I don't think there will be nearly as much interest in Tannehill @ 6 as there was Griffin @ 2. Besides, why trade with the Rams when you could trade with the Jaguars @ 7, who could also be looking to move down?
    Exactly, I for one think Peyton will go to Broncos and Tebow to Jags. Even if they don't Jags are the ones who are in better position. If someone really wants Tannehill, they know we won't draft him. So they will approach teams below us, why would they care to even approach us. Unless of course there are more than a couple teams.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Seems to me this is a six stud draft. Not interested in picking after top six....
    mde8352gorams likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

As was discussed in another thread on the site, Trent Richardson wouldn't be a bad choice for us. He's an offensive playmaker and we need them desperately. He will provide a break for SJax and he will be there for us in a few years when SJax is set to retire. Players like TRich don't come into the league every year and despite the devaluation of the RB slot, having a solid running will improve our passing game. If you look around the league the best teams don't simply rely on one phase of the offense, so I'm perfectly happy getting TRich if Blackmon and Claiborne are off the board at #6. Let's not forget if we improve our running game that keeps the opponent's defense on the field longer and by the 4th quarter they may wear down allowing us the chance to extend our lead or make a comeback if necessary.

Go Rams!

shower beers is offline Registered User

Browns sound as if they may be making a trade for Ben Tate right now. Stay tuned...

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Seems to me this is a six stud draft. Not interested in picking after top six....
    This could be the last time the Rams are picking in the top 10, if you weigh up how much it can cost for a team to trade into the bluechip bracket. It might be wise for the Rams to use their sixth selection on themselves. It looks like the team will miss out on the better receivers in FA.
    If the Rams do manage to sign DT Jason Jones in FA, it would make a player like Blackmon, a much easier decision.?

richtree is offline Registered User

I know we have the #6 pick -- but does anyone think RyanTannehill is any good ????

I don't think he is worth a high 2nd Rounder....nevermind a 1st rounder......

#ThankGodForSammy

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    This could be the last time the Rams are picking in the top 10, if you weigh up how much it can cost for a team to trade into the bluechip bracket. It might be wise for the Rams to use their sixth selection on themselves. It looks like the team will miss out on the better receivers in FA.
    If the Rams do manage to sign DT Jason Jones in FA, it would make a player like Blackmon, a much easier decision.?
    Don't worry, we'll be picking in the top 10 again....with Washington's pick next year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast