Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New Draft Rumors (QB Tannehill)

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: New Draft Rumors (QB Tannehill)

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Don't worry, we'll be picking in the top 10 again....with Washington's pick next year
    I dont know berg. With an athlete like RG3 and way their defense is playing. It wouldn't surprise me if they do a bit of damage next year. My bet would be for 7-9 season.?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I know we have the #6 pick -- but does anyone think RyanTannehill is any good ????

I don't think he is worth a high 2nd Rounder....nevermind a 1st rounder......

#ThankGodForSammy
    I believe Gil Brandt has called him a Top 10 prospect in this class.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I believe Gil Brandt has called him a Top 10 prospect in this class.
    Have you seen him play??? He throws passes the way a middle infielder throws balls across the diamond....

I know people are high on him, but I can't see it...Not trying to be tough here, but can someone tell me what they reallly like about him?

I see him as worse than Blaine Gabbart, and people want him out of Jacksonville already...

I think Weeden, Cousins, Osweiller, Lindley, and maybe Foles....all over, or at least as good....and they can be had in rounds 2-5.....

Have you seen him play???
    I have, and my opinion is closer to yours than it is Brandt. However, I viewed Gabbert and Ponder as late first round prospects, so if they can go Top 10-12, it wouldn't surprise me if Tannehill does. And that seems to be where a number of people have him slotted as the third QB.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have, and my opinion is closer to yours than it is Brandt. However, I viewed Gabbert and Ponder as late first round prospects, so if they can go Top 10-12, it wouldn't surprise me if Tannehill does. And that seems to be where a number of people have him slotted as the third QB.
    Yeah, I also think if Kolb is let go that really hurts his stock. Flynn, Kolb, and if Manning goes to Tennessee either Hasselback or/and Locker available....

I can't see anyone wanted Tannehill until round 2.....I guess we will have to see how the rest of Free Agency pans out for Tannehill's draft position

Yeah, I also think if Kolb is let go that really hurts his stock. Flynn, Kolb, and if Manning goes to Tennessee either Hasselback or/and Locker available....

I can't see anyone wanted Tannehill until round 2.....I guess we will have to see how the rest of Free Agency pans out for Tannehill's draft position
    Cleveland, Miami, Kansas City, and Seattle are the possible Top 12 destinations. If Tannehill gets by all of them, the next obvious destination isn't until Cleveland @ 22.

If these teams haven't addressed the QB position in free agency - and you're right, Kolb's potential availability could complicate matters more - AND they have Tannehill ranked in the first round range, then I don't think they wait until Day Two or Three to strike.

Teams without franchise quarterbacks will do what it takes to get them, and we saw last year under the new rookie scale that teams aren't afraid to reach a bit now in the first round to take a risk on a guy they think can be their QB. The contractual punishment isn't as bad as it used to be for taking a first round QB, should he flop.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Well. I hope QB Tannahill is drafted number four in the draft. That just gives the Rams two choices out of the six blue chippers in the draft.
    Draft:
    1: Colts - QB Luck
    2: Redskins - QB Rg3
    3: Vikings - OT Kalil
    4: Browns - Nobody but GM Holmgren knows who Browns will select. QB Tannahill orRB T Richardson (payton Hillis signed with Cheifs) This is where the draft gets complicated. Holmgrem could be waiting for Kolb to be cut by cardinals. Manning could sign with Cardinals so he could swoop up Kolb. Don't count out Blackmon. See above.
    5: Bucs: - CB Claiborne (VJack signs) or RB T Richardson
    6: Rams - WR Blackmon or trade down to eight (if Tannahill is on the Board) with Miami. The Rams have to many holes to fill. One WR in blackmon won't solve everything.
    If Jags at seven take WR Blackmon the Rams get Malcolm Floyd or whoever they want and pick up more picks. Miami traded WR B.Marshall to Chicago for two 3rd round picks. Could be match made in Heaven in trade partners.

Whatever Rams do. A Rams fan for Life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12