Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamJackson39 Guest

Re: New mock. Post signings so far ... Desc. for R1 of Rams

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Actually Hodge is probrably just as smart as Ryans and is around the ball more. And is more physically gifted. So I'd take Hodge over Ryans even though most people will disagree.
    Intellgience wise, I wouldnt put many players above or even with DeMeco Ryans. I think he's a lot like Lofa Tatupu last season. Not the most physically gifted, but he is highly productive and a great player. He has great instincts and is around the ball every play (which would make it hard for Hodge to be around the ball more. Go watch an Alabama game and tell me who the most disruptive player on the field is) Hodge is more naturally gifted, Ryan Leaf was naturally gifted too. We all see how far that got him.

I would prefer a guy who has extensive experience at SLB to a guy who has never played the position before. I would rather have the guy who dominated a tougher conference and helped shut down one of the best offenses in the NFL. I'd rather have DeMeco Ryans over Abdul Hodge easily because Ryans can start tomorrow, nobody knows if Hodge could ever start.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Intellgience wise, I wouldnt put many players above or even with DeMeco Ryans. I think he's a lot like Lofa Tatupu last season. Not the most physically gifted, but he is highly productive and a great player. He has great instincts and is around the ball every play (which would make it hard for Hodge to be around the ball more. Go watch an Alabama game and tell me who the most disruptive player on the field is) Hodge is more naturally gifted, Ryan Leaf was naturally gifted too. We all see how far that got him.

I would prefer a guy who has extensive experience at SLB to a guy who has never played the position before. I would rather have the guy who dominated a tougher conference and helped shut down one of the best offenses in the NFL. I'd rather have DeMeco Ryans over Abdul Hodge easily because Ryans can start tomorrow, nobody knows if Hodge could ever start.
    How the heck do you know that? "Ryans can start tomorrow, nobody knows if Hodge could ever start." that is the worst statement I have ever heard from you. You know one college player could start but not another? Are you crazy?

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

cool pic of page ramsfan16 after laying out the ball carrier

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I like Williams as a corner not a safety and wouldn't take Lewis in the 2nd.

Some boards I read are starting to put Tye Hill over Williams though and have us taking him at #11.

RamJackson39 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    How the heck do you know that? "Ryans can start tomorrow, nobody knows if Hodge could ever start." that is the worst statement I have ever heard from you. You know one college player could start but not another? Are you crazy?
    It's not a stretch at all. You are placing Hodge in a position that he has no prior experience in. Ryans has extensive experience playing the SAM LB position. SO Ryans already has the edge. Hodge would have to be more talented than I saw on tape for him to be able to be an effective SAM LB. Ryans has already proven that he can be an effective SAM LB.

In other words, you know what you're going to get from Ryans and you have no idea what you'd get from Hodge or if you'd ever get anything from him.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I have to say my day is never complete until 39 and 16 have their daily Iowa vs. Alabama contest. You guys make my day.

I find it ironic that today's debate is Hodge vs. Ryans, because with the exception of their respective position, they are the same player! They're both around 6'2" about 235, smart players, team leaders, high motors, sound technique, instinctive, solid tacklers, though less than elite physical skills.

Right now, Hodge is the better MLB, Ryans is the better OLB, simply because that's where their experience has found them. I think they both have good careers ahead of them in the NFL, and will serve some team well in the late first, early second.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 Guest

I have to say my day is never complete until 39 and 16 have their daily Iowa vs. Alabama contest. You guys make my day.
    I build my day around these arguments.

RamsFan16 Guest

And yo make stupid comments too such as "Ryans can start Right now, Hodge can't"

RamJackson39 Guest

And yo make stupid comments too such as "Ryans can start Right now, Hodge can't"
    Such as your belief that a player who has never played the SAM LB position can step in and play this season? Ryans doesnt need as much time as Hodge to develop. You've just got a sore taste in your mouth because Iowa couldnt beat one of the weaker SEC Teams.

RamsFan16 Guest

I didn't say he could step up in play right now. Your quite the guy. And your being a little b ........ by saying that Iowa couldn't be Flordia. You try playing the refs and see what you do.

RamJackson39 Guest

I didn't say he could step up in play right now.
    Yet you would prefer to draft Hodge (natural MLB) over Ryans (natural OLB) hmmmm...for a position that needs a playmaker that badly, I think the Rams need a guy who can step in and play right away. Ryans can do that and Hodge most likely cant.

And your being a little b ........ by saying that Iowa couldn't be Flordia. You try playing the refs and see what you do.
    I'm an SEC fan. I've seen WRs pushed down in the endzone which then caused an INT and seen no flags called. I've seen horrible officiating. The refs only made a bad call at the end.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Yet you would prefer to draft Hodge (natural MLB) over Ryans (natural OLB) hmmmm...for a position that needs a playmaker that badly, I think the Rams need a guy who can step in and play right away. Ryans can do that and Hodge most likely cant.

I'm an SEC fan. I've seen WRs pushed down in the endzone which then caused an INT and seen no flags called. I've seen horrible officiating. The refs only made a bad call at the end.
    Nothing near as obvious as Iowa/Flordia Outback Bowl. Duh your dumb, and also If we drafted Hodge, Witherspoon could play SLB ah duh! Hodge would be our started at MLB no doub. Pisa WLB, Witherspoon SLB.

RamJackson39 Guest

and also If we drafted Hodge, Witherspoon could play SLB ah duh! Hodge would be our started at MLB no doub. Pisa WLB, Witherspoon SLB.
    I dont like the move of Witherspoon to MLB. Also, you have spent this entire thread saying that Hodge would serve better at SLB than Ryans. Obviously the coaching staff is much more likely to go into the draft looking to get a SAM LB instead of a MLB since thats what they signed Witherspoon to play.

Nothing near as obvious as Iowa/Flordia Outback Bowl. Duh your dumb,
    Have you stooped to personal attacks? Go watch a game from two seasons ago where I saw freshman Keith Brown pushed down and then a Spencer Pennington pass picked off in the endzone. That INT changed the outcome of the game by taking away momentum from an offensively horrible Alabama team.

Teams should be able to overcome officiating though. If all you can do is blame the refs for Florida scoring so many points on the "great" Iowa D, you need to try harder.

RamsFan16 Guest

Was that a Big Bowl game no? If not then who really cares! And Iowa's D has been more dominat than Bama's in the past few years and you keep saying Bama's Top D. Actually the Top D was Miami.

RamJackson39 Guest

Was that a Big Bowl game no? If not then who really cares!
    because every game matters. Stay on topic though.

If the Rams are going with the SAM LB position in the draft, then there is no one who fits that mold better than DeMeco Ryans. A trade down would really help the Rams here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast