Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: New mock. Post signings so far ... Desc. for R1 of Rams

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    because every game matters. Stay on topic though.

If the Rams are going with the SAM LB position in the draft, then there is no one who fits that mold better than DeMeco Ryans. A trade down would really help the Rams here.
    I'd take Ernie Sims and Chad Greenway over Ryans at SLB. Just me.

RamsFan16

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I think you guys are forgetting something THE Ohio State University, 2 of THE best outside linebackers in the draft.

If we get Hawk he is automatically an impact player.

If we get Carpenter He is a lot like Mike Vrabel(also out of THE Ohio State University) except Vrabel played DE and moved to OLB/DE in the nfl.

Carpenter had a lot of success going down as a DE and everyone says we need another DE and OLB, he is both.

Skaggs11181 is offline Registered User

Bobby Carpenter says hello. I've known him since he was a freshman in highschool. he made varsity as a freshman when I was a junior. Watching him then, you saw he was way beyond everyone else in abiloty and strength. He did nothing but show the whole country just that while at OSU. He is a hell of a leader and can shed blocks better than any linebacker in college. The reason why Hawk was so good, was because of Carpenter, and vice versa. I think the Rams should trade down(if they dont get brees, then trade to the dolphins if cutler is there) and take Carpenter.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Thank You finally an OSU fan!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I'd take Ernie Sims and Chad Greenway over Ryans at SLB. Just me.
    I think you just settled my argument for me. You choose to argue that Greenway is better than someone that you have never seen play. You argue that Greenway and Sims are better than someone you have never seen play. You base these opinions upon nothing. You dont have an intelligent opinion because you have never seen DeMeco Ryans play. So watch a game or two of his and then get back to me.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Skaggs11181 is offline Registered User

Not so fast rams_fan81, I actually hate The Ohio State University. Just a huge fan of Carpenters, since we played ball together at Lancaster high, about 30 min. S of Columbus.(Only added that since I know live in Phoenix, AZ) But seriously, Carp is just a pure talent. He has played free safety, SLB, MLB, and RB. He was aawesome at evey position his dad had him play in high school. From what I have heard, The Patriots are praying for him to fall to them, to replace MgGinest. Greenway is good, Ryans I have never really heard much about, and Simms is just not that great. My Choice at #11 depending on availability in order are V. Davis, M. Huff, J. Williams, trade down and get Carpenter. As good as Hawk is, Carpenter is not that far behind in talent and ability, just a litle bit slower, but a lot stronger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123