Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: New NFL Draft Countdown Three-Round Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage39
    My first choice would be Huff too but i have come to the reality that he most likely won't be there when we select. If Huff made it to #9 i would consider trading with detroit to move up and take him.
    MOST projections show Huff available at Nine, AND there's no one in the league under more fire than Millen in DETROIT.
    He's had Top-10 picks, what the last 5 years, Harrington just left for nothing basically (or he will soon) and the 3 Wideouts haven't worked out. I think Millen has motivation to take more picks and stay away from the big contracts. I think that would be a winning strategy with the media up there. They need picks and starters ... They're not one difference maker away.

I think it can be done. Even when I take my fan hat off, I think it's a doable deal.

Sanantonioram is offline Registered User

Smile Re: New NFL Draft Countdown Three-Round Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The format makes it a bit tough to copy and paste, plus I want to encourage people to visit that site.

But for those who want the quick info:

Round 1 - Tye Hill, CB, Clemson
    Round 2 - Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
    Round 3 - Ryan LaCasse, DE, Syracuse

Not a fan of the third round pick, especially with Oshinowo and Jonathan Lewis on the board to fill the bigger need at DT, but the first two rounds are great IMO.
    If Pope lasts until our pick in the 2nd round it will be a miracle.:O

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    MOST projections show Huff available at Nine, AND there's no one in the league under more fire than Millen in DETROIT.
    He's had Top-10 picks, what the last 5 years, Harrington just left for nothing basically (or he will soon) and the 3 Wideouts haven't worked out. I think Millen has motivation to take more picks and stay away from the big contracts. I think that would be a winning strategy with the media up there. They need picks and starters ... They're not one difference maker away.

I think it can be done. Even when I take my fan hat off, I think it's a doable deal.
    Well first off, a lot of drafts also have Huff gone at sixth. I wouldn't bank on him definitely being there at nine.

Secondly, I don't know many front offices whose strategy is to shy away from top picks because of a couple of bad selections in the past. It just means they have to draft better, and that can start for Detroit by taking Huff to fill their gaping hole at FS. I'm sure their new defensive-minded head coach will be advocating for that one.

I want him too, but there comes a time when realism kicks in. I would be shocked if he was there at nine and Detroit passed. Only way it happens is if Hawk, Mario, or D'Brick fall, which are all rather improbible.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Well first off, a lot of drafts also have Huff gone at sixth. I wouldn't bank on him definitely being there at nine.

Secondly, I don't know many front offices whose strategy is to shy away from top picks because of a couple of bad selections in the past. It just means they have to draft better, and that can start for Detroit by taking Huff to fill their gaping hole at FS. I'm sure their new defensive-minded head coach will be advocating for that one.

I want him too, but there comes a time when realism kicks in. I would be shocked if he was there at nine and Detroit passed. Only way it happens is if Hawk, Mario, or D'Brick fall, which are all rather improbible.
    History says he'll fall to the 9th spot. If you look up the safties taken in the top 10, they're far and few in-between. So, I did, In the LAST 15 YEARS...
    Since 1991, only two safeties have been taken among the top 10 picks: Dallas' Roy Williams (No. 8 in 2002) and Washington's Sean Taylor (No. 5 in 2004).

I think more and more projections having him falling to 9th. Earlier many had him going to SanFran at 6, since then they have unexpectedly lost Andre Carter and the coach has pointed to them going in another direction in the Draft.

DETROIT certainly isn't the normal team that's had bad drafts. Millen is the most beleagured GM in recent memory. The fans were revolting against Millen last year in a big way.

Before we get too far ahead (including me), how many of us predicted we would take Jimmy Kennedy in the 2003 Draft? How many thought he would slide that far?
    Last year, how many thought Barron would be there when we picked? More importantly, it only takes one of these guys to slide to throw off the whole normal projection of the draft. If Vince Young or Jay Cutler slides unexpectedly, does Detroit pass on either QB - does Denny Green pass on a QB at the 10 spot? Does a team trade up when Young or Cutler is still there around the #10 spot?

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -03-28-2006 at 05:19 AM.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Our best chance at one of the marquee defensive players is for everyone above us to lose their minds and draft the QBs, which could definitely happen. But Cutler and Young would probably have to go in the top 5. I'm not optomistic about our chances.

Trading down makes more sense in this draft than trading up.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Greenway first round other than that looks great. And ramstiles no way Hodge gets past us in the 2nd. He is way too good.
    RamsFan16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-22-2008, 10:23 PM
  2. -02-22-2008, 10:23 PM