Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jbell15 Guest

New rams trade idea!

What do you think of trading holt and the two pick to the eagles for lito shepherd, the eagles two first rounders and the eagles fourth rounder?
    this works out very well for both teams, in my opinion.
    that gives us a chance to draft cushing and britton in the first, and get a WR like kenny britt in the second.
    That could be followed up by a good strong safety in round three, a center and a guard in the fourth, a qb in the fifth, and a RB and FB in the sixth and seventh respectively.
    any thoughts?

iStillBelieve Guest

Re: New rams trade idea!

Unless one of the tackles breaks away from the others as the best I don't think the Eagles would accept that

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

You say it works out well for both teams, but don't elaborate on why the Eagles want to do this. Who are the Eagles so desperate for that they trade up from the twenties to the second overall pick? The only position I can think they'd move up for is OT, and this is a strong OT class so chances are there will be someone available in the bottom half of the first that they could take and groom.

For us it's a no brainer. It clears Holt's cap charge off the roster, we'll probably still have a shot at a guy like Britton or Beatty to groom for the future. We can use the second first-rounder on defense; I wouldn't restrict it to Cushing, as there will probably be some DL and DB players available there too.

But again, the problem is why the Eagles make this move. It's fine to propose a trade, but it has to make sense for both parties. Right now, I'm not seeing the justification for the Eagles.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

lito willl go for a second day pick...

and he will most likely be a Ram in 09 in my opinion

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    lito willl go for a second day pick...

and he will most likely be a Ram in 09 in my opinion
    Based on what & why? He will be expensive and hasn't been healthy/productive for 2 years.

If we do, I'll be surprised but if anyone will have the skinny on a Philly D player ,it would have to be Spags.

In general, I think trading down is going to be even more difficult than usual because of the CBA coming to an end & the talk of a rookie salary cap in the new one.

Philly's OTs are indeed aging but they are both still productive & healthy. The Eagles may risk waiting & save a boatload of money.And they have Justice already who was a high second rounder a couple years back, I think.

Nor do I see why they would want Holt at this stage in his career with DeSean and Curtis already on board.

Philly might trade Lito to a team for a bruiser back to protect against Westbrook and Buckhalter who seem to get hurt a lot.Maybe Oakland who may shop Fargas and possibly won't have the dough to keep Asomugha whom, incidentally, I'd take in a heartbeat over Lito just based on last year's performance.

Weddle Guest

I can't see the Eagles going for it. Boldin is likely going to be available too, and Holt isn't the WR he once was (not saying he's done, just he's not the highlight reel of years gone). He's a solid veteran and the Eagles surely want someone younger.... althought they do now have DeSean Jackson so he might be a nice foil...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Why are people still fixated on Lito Sheppard? He spent a significant portion of last season on the bench.

Weddle Guest

because he's an upgrade on what we've got right now?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Weddle View Post
    because he's an upgrade on what we've got right now?

The starting CB on the 10 and under YMCA flag football league would be an upgrade from Tye Hill/Jonathan Wade/whoever else side of the ball. I don't think Lito Sheppard would help much though.

Weddle Guest

I'll be interested to see the new coaches take on King. He was seen as a raw prospect when we drafted him last year, so, hopefully he'll get fit and make an impact.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I dont think this scenario is likely but I guess its not impossible. Tra Thomas and John Runyan are both getting up there in age, and I think I remember reading somewhere that they aren't all that satisfied with Justice's development so far. I guess if they really fall in love with one of the top tackles in this draft, it is possible that they might want to trade up to get him. But like Nick said, there will most likely be other tackles available to them at that point, which is why I don't think its all that likely.

jbell15 Guest

Maybe a better trade would be to take out holt and the fourth rounder rounder.
    we need philly to fall in love with crabtree, and it could happen
    we get lito, and two first rounders, and the eagles can save money by paying one player instead of two while mcnabb gets the playmaker he needs.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i dont think the Eagles are as desperate for a Wideout as theyve been in the past...if they want to go O-line im guessing they licking their chops over the fact that they could get atleast one great prospect drafting where their picks are already situated.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think it makes sense of the eagles if they think crabtree is the missing link to get them over the hump. Hard to see a rookie having that kind of impact however.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I think it makes sense of the eagles if they think crabtree is the missing link to get them over the hump. Hard to see a rookie having that kind of impact however.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Desean Jackson did a nice job this season for the Eagles. If they had someone on the otherside then McNabb could probably lead this team to the next level. Remember what they did with T.O. ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast