Rambos is offline Registered User

Next years Atogwe

As we all know Atogwe did not get much playing time in his rookie year. But this year he played very well for us . Atogwe finished with 91 tackles which was third on the team, added six forced fumbles, three interceptions, a sack and a fumble recovery.

Before we look at needs are there any rookies already on the roster that can step up much like Atogwe.

Claude Wroten 3rd round pick last year got some playing time.

Jon Alston missing in action much like Atogwe in his rookie year.

Dominique Byrd made a late showing, with his first catch for a TD.

Joe Klopfenstein played most of the year but did not set the world on fire.

Victor Adeyanju seen a lot of time and was ok against the run, but did not get to the QB.

I like most get excited when it comes to the draft, but like most forget these guys are one year in and could be poised for a break out season.

Who if any will have a big year?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Next years Atogwe

Alston. I have a feeling with him having a Full Offseason with Haslett and Co. that its going to boost his potential thus making him a more valuable piece to the Defense.
    RamsFan16

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, Atogwe was in a position to step up because he was a starter. Out of the rookies you mentioned, the only two I think that could go into 2007 as starters are Klopfenstein and Adeyanju. Since we're likely to upgrade at DE, that basically means Klop is going to have to be the guy. In his second year, I'm hoping that Klop will become a bigger factor in this offense.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I cant see us relying on Atogwe like we had to this time, we really didnt have anyone else to play FS, whereas i expect that we will see DEs, LBs and DTs bought in to take away oppurtunities for Alston, Adeyanju and Wroten. I think the competition at TE with Byrd and Klop will be much betetr this offseason though, and hopefully they will really push each other

Rambos is offline Registered User

cant see us relying on Atogwe like we had to this time, we really didnt have anyone else to play FS
    Are you saying he will not be te starter next year. Do you think he did not play well?

Alston, I read will see some time at safety in the box to help support the run and blitz.

Byrd should be used more he was a play maker at SC, he showed good hands late. Read they want to use him as an H back and line him up in the slot next year.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

IMO the TE's will get more opportunities thrown their way next year..Both Klop and Byrd will be 2nd year players and should have learnt more of the nuance's of a complex NFL offense..Also expect to see Alston contributing next year as well with hopefully a good off-season and camps under his belt.. :l