Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: NFC WEST Power Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I'm unimpressed with the Seahawks. At quarterback, Hasselbeck has been bad for the last two years, and Whitehurst was a third stringer with the Chargers. The Seahawks still have the least talent in the division at runningback, and Earl Thomas isn't going to save their 23rd ranked defense. It's a coin toss between us and them as to who will be the worst in the division next year.

I also think the losses of Warner and Boldin will really hurt the Cardinals offense, while the *****' focus on running and defense will pay off. At this stage, I'd predict:

1. *****
    2. Cardinals
    3. Rams
    4. Seahawks
    The Seahawks traded for Lendale White and Leon Washington. That's far from the worst, and a bit scary actually. If Hasselhoff's back holds up, he's as good as ever. Sadly the Rams are still in the cellar of the NFC West. We'll be better this year, but it won't be enough.

I'd rank them like this:

1) Whiners
    2) Seahawks
    3) Cardinals
    4) Rams

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

If our offensive line plays up to its expectations on paper, I think teams will be surprised. Bradford will be throwing some bombs and Jackson will actually have some holes to shoot through. That could make all the difference. Whiners are just the team to get fall victim to their ego.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    I'm gonna hate facing Patrick Willis, Navarow Bowman, and Taylor Mays!!! **** we are already injury prone, now this...

Jackson is gonna have an extremely hard time running the ball against them, so we'll have to rely on Bradford and his mad skills to throw over the top of Mays. Meat heads vs our finesse offense...
    Bowman and Mays can both hit hard. Can you say blitz? You know they'll be coming after the QB, especially if it's Bradford.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I'm unimpressed with the Seahawks. At quarterback, Hasselbeck has been bad for the last two years, and Whitehurst was a third stringer with the Chargers. The Seahawks still have the least talent in the division at runningback, and Earl Thomas isn't going to save their 23rd ranked defense. It's a coin toss between us and them as to who will be the worst in the division next year.

I also think the losses of Warner and Boldin will really hurt the Cardinals offense, while the *****' focus on running and defense will pay off. At this stage, I'd predict:

1. *****
    2. Cardinals
    3. Rams
    4. Seahawks

lol and who's gonna help our 29th rank defense =P

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    lol and who's gonna help our 29th rank defense =P
    Our defense was 29th with a bunch of rookies playing. Theirs was 23rd with a bunch of veterans including Lofa Tatupa, Leroy Hill, Patrick Kearney, Ken Lucas, etc. We have plenty of reason to think that our young roster is going to get better as their older starters decline.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    When the niners drafted Mays, I texted my 49er friend with a one word message. Considering this is a family site and all, just use your imagination.

Of course my feelings on Mays are on record here somewhere...
    I really don't understand how you can put 49er and friend in the same sentence :P

edit: ups did it myself

4everRAMS is offline Registered User

Xactly!! What was he thinking?

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog View Post
    Bowman and Mays can both hit hard. Can you say blitz? You know they'll be coming after the QB, especially if it's Bradford.
    Pretty easy to take some kid's head off in college when he's not looking. Lets see Mays do that to 236lbs SJAX moving at 25mph.

Originally I was a little concerned with SF, but I think they have one too many knuckle dragging meat missiles now. If Bradford and our WR core become a threat, they won't stack the box against Jackson. Then, all of a sudden, they're dancing to our tune.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Pretty easy to take some kid's head off in college when he's not looking. Lets see Mays do that to 236lbs SJAX moving at 25mph.

Originally I was a little concerned with SF, but I think they have one too many knuckle dragging meat missiles now. If Bradford and our WR core become a threat, they won't stack the box against Jackson. Then, all of a sudden, they're dancing to our tune.

Same thing I thought. I used that example as well, try and stop big SJ39... couldn't envision it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12