Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Mikey
  • 3 Post By TekeRam

Thread: NFL.com's Jeremiah on Rams & Clinton-Dix

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

NFL.com's Jeremiah on Rams & Clinton-Dix

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    Several personnel guys have told me they'd be very surprised if the Rams passed on HaHa Clinton-Dix at 13.
    I may be wrong, but I get the impression that there are a number of fans who are down on Clinton-Dix as a potential selection with the 13th pick.

While I think there was a window during the process where the value of any safety was questioned there, that seems to be behind most everyone. He's being talked about as a guy who could make sense for Buffalo or Detroit, so I don't think it's a value issue anymore.

I think he'd be a great compliment to McDonald and would certainly shore up the last line of defense in the secondary, allowing Williams to play his corners aggressively, something this defense couldn't do much last year due in part to questionable play on the back end.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: NFL.com's Jeremiah on Rams & Clinton-Dix

I would be very disappointed if we traded this 13th pick. I know this draft is deep but an extra second could come from a trade down from the 2nd overall pick and we need impact players IMHO .

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I think what happens at #2 is a factor.

Taking 2 defensive players in the first round and only having one 2nd rounder would be difficult. Teams tend to balance that stuff out.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Dix at 13 would help our defense out more in 2014 than Clowney or Mack would. We're already very solid up front. We cannot say the same thing on the back end. Our poor play at FS affected the entire defense. Corners played soft and we were abused a lot because of it. McDonald wasn't able to be the in the box thumper to support the run game like we needed from the SS. Linebackers dropped back more in coverage to help in coverage because we had no center fielder. Long term Clowney would surpass him I'm sure in his benefit to the defense. But the immediate gain would be with Dix imo.
    MauiRam and TekeRam like this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

We haven't been able to defend the deep ball for years, we've constantly seen guys get over the top of our secondary or have seen guys run through the back end like there were only tackling dummies back there. Now, we're in a prime position to get a good all around, but especially center fielding safety from one of the best programs in the country and we're thinking that we should get someone else for a crowded defensive line?

Sorry, but I just don't get that at all. I've wanted a safety for years and now we have a meeting of the draft position and value. Give me Pryor or give me Dix, I don't care just get one of them, either at 13 or after a short trade down.
    MauiRam, Bar-bq and timsum1283 like this.
    I believe!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I've wanted Clinton-Dix at #13 ever since the draft order has been sorted out. We need a top quality guy at the back end and he can be that guy

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I'd prefer Dix over Pryor just because he fits what the Rams need most: a ball-hawking Safety who plays smart and seems to be in the right place at all times. I like Pryor too, but I think he does a lot of the same things that McDonald does.