Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is online now Registered User

NFL draft changes

The time that teams are alloted to make their first-round picks will go from 15 minutes to 10 minutes. The second round will be trimmed from 10 minutes to seven minutes. The remaining rounds will be five minutes. In addition, the first day's draft will be limited to the first two rounds rather than three rounds.

Last year, the first round dragged on for 6 hours, 8 minutes. If all 32 teams use their full 10 minutes, the first round still would last more than five hours. The starting time is also being moved from noon to 3 p.m. The 2008 draft will be April 26-27.

For some of the new players here at the Clan, the chat room will be and two day marathon of football talk. I have been there the last few years its always been fun make sure you stop by and give Nick a hard time. On this day you will find out that Nick really knows his stuff.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: NFL draft changes

That's still way too long for me to hear Chris Berman and Mel Kiper.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

For the life of me i will never understand how the first overall pick can take more then 1 minute to declare what pick they want. They have had 4 months to decided, you think they would have made up there mind before hand.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    So switch over the NFLN. Eisen, Mayock, & Schefter are muuuuuuuch more palatable.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    For the life of me i will never understand how the first overall pick can take more then 1 minute to declare what pick they want. They have had 4 months to decided, you think they would have made up there mind before hand.
    Still desperately trying to trade out. When you had to give $35 million to find out if you get a complete bust or not, wouldn't you?

As for my draft day plans, I'm going to be in the land of the rising sun. Fortunately, since they're moving the draft to prime time, the 13 hour difference will help as it'll start early on Sunday morning for me!

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    So switch over the NFLN. Eisen, Mayock, & Schefter are muuuuuuuch more palatable.

Please don't give me an alternative HUb. Giving me an alternative to watch the draft is like asking me if I want the firing squad or the electric chair.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    It's all about the poker face. The four months previous, teams can waltz around each other on trades. But once that clock starts, the rubber meets the road and somebody is going to blink. If the team drafts immediately, they might have lost out on an offer they can't refuse.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Please don't give me an alternative HUb. Giving me an alternative to watch the draft is like asking me if I want the firing squad or the electric chair.

But look at the choice I offer. It's not firing squad vs. electric chair. It's more like having a heart attack in the middle of mad love-making with a set of Swedish bikini model triplets (NFLN) or bleeding out from having your manhood crushed by the gears of a tractor (ESPN).

Everybody faces death, but isn't one more pleasant than the other? Doesn't that make it a little easier to handle?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I'll watch the Rams pick then the TV goes off.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

I agree Tx, all rounds should be 5 minutes. 8 minutes if there's a trade.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

From noon until 3? This means I sleep in, rather than trawl to my computer in a groggy and irritable state at two in the morning! Fantastic news!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

My final graduate project is to be presented Friday morning (4/25), so moving the draft back three hours into Saturday afternoon will allow me more time recover from what will undoubtedly be a massive Friday night celebration.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

For this year's Draft Chat, we've added a new feature.

Nick will have access to "Cyber-Taser," an on line electric shock system that will allow him to give jolts of 10,000, 20,000 and 50,000 volts (depending on level of infraction) to those who cause problems in the chat room.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    But look at the choice I offer. It's not firing squad vs. electric chair. It's more like having a heart attack in the middle of mad love-making with a set of Swedish bikini model triplets (NFLN) or bleeding out from having your manhood crushed by the gears of a tractor (ESPN).

Everybody faces death, but isn't one more pleasant than the other? Doesn't that make it a little easier to handle?

I swear I don't think ESPN could get any worse (well maybe, look how MTV doesn't play music anymore), but if NFLN reminds you of Swedish bikini model triplets.....we need to talk buddy.

I swear I don't think ESPN could get any worse (well maybe, look how MTV doesn't play music anymore), but if NFLN reminds you of Swedish bikini model triplets.....we need to talk buddy.

It's all relative, my man. Compared to the nonsense at ESPN, NFLN put out a pretty good product.

However, in literal terms......nothing wrong with Alex Flanagan, Mary Strong, and the "Making the Squad" girls; know what I mean?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast