Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: NFL Draft Countdown Mock 4/18

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Baker - he's on my 10 foot pole list. Had a horrible Pro Day according to reports. Looked stiff and unathletic.
    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    As for Baker, he's on my 10 foot pole list too... but that's mainly because he's a Trojan. Av's right though, he looked horrid at his pro day, I'd rather reach for Nicks or go WR in the second.
    I read one report by McShay that said he looked bad, and one write-up by NFL Draft Scout's Rob Rang that said he looked good in positional drills. So I don't know what to think on that front. Who else besides McShay knocked his Pro Day performance?

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Istill can't justify Gholston at #2 and i won't change my mind
    Will it change your mind if Miami takes him first overall?

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    USC Linemen haven't been doing that well in the recent years. Winston Justice was supposed to be first round talent, those guards with the names with all vowels haven't been that great either.
    Just as an update, Ryan Kalil appears to be the full-time starting center in Carolina after starting a few games last year as a rookie. Winston Justice, as far as I know, is the heir apparent to one of Philly's starting tackle jobs. Deuce Lutui has already started 24 games in his two-year pro career. Fred Matua, on the other hand, hasn't done anything after being a late round pick by the Lions. Jacob Rogers kind of fell off the map after some significant injuries in Dallas.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Uh, Winston Justice is a bust for the Eagles, he'd only be out there because they don't want to play a man short. I probably should have said USC Tackles. Trust me on this, they don't like Justice.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I dont mind the picks but would like it better if it looked like this.

1.C.Long
    2.Cherilus-dont know if he'll fall to us but it would be nice.
    3.Avery-fits the mold of the type of wr that this offense uses.

On a side note I would love if we could get Kenny Phillips in the second. Most mocks have him going in the late first and some in the second. Just doesnt seem like the Rams organization is interested in ousting Chavous yet.
    Just Fix It

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Istill can't justify Gholston at #2 and i won't change my mind . if the RAMS feel that BAKER is the pick in the 2nd round and is worth that selection , then get him .

As for MANNINGHAM . NFL combine , told a LIE to the COACHES about DRUGS USE . HE told a LIE that he knew they would find out about , and they are suppose to hire this guy . If he was that dumb last month , he's that dumb this month .

I'll take W. FRANKLIN , or D. AVERY or someone other than him .
    You won't have to worry about changing your mind, if we draft him (Gholston) he'll do it for you.

Much rather go WR in the second, but if there's no Hardy, Sweed, or Thomas we may have no other choice than to go with Baker.

In the 3rd I'd be happy with any of the 3 receivers mentioned with Donnie Avery slightly ahead of the other 2.

keith m. klink Guest

Don't count out EDDIE ROYAL in the 3rd either .

IF Miami takes GHOLSTON , then i will figure that PARCELLS is looking for the next L.T. he will still build a damn good team whoever he takes , but i believe in the constant and reliable and not the quick risers that flash in the pan too much. I would just prefer getting the longtime football starter and not the guy who stumbled onto it . he might be a great talent but i would rather MIAMI check that out , and i'll take C.LONG and set him next to CARRICKER on the end and watch the fireworks .

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I read one report by McShay that said he looked bad...
    Therefore, he's excellent.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Nick, the report I read was the little blurb on USC's pro day on NFL.com. Gil Brandt or Kirwan or whoever it was writing it said that he looked unathletic and stiff in his workout.

Just looking at his synopsis on NFL.com shows a bit of this, but hey, he's a 2nd rounder, he's going to have some issues. If we take him, fine, but I think he'll continue to have issues with speed guys even more so on the next level. Good mauler though, probably a good right tackle where a TE can help.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Nick, the report I read was the little blurb on USC's pro day on NFL.com. Gil Brandt or Kirwan or whoever it was writing it said that he looked unathletic and stiff in his workout.
    I searched through the NFL.com stuff about USC's pro day before making my post and couldn't find a written summary of Baker's workout, so I dunno. Not saying it wasn't there, just saying I couldn't find it. I actually searched a number of places to see if they had anything to say before making my response - many sites I found actually just copied Rang's report from NFL Draft Scout, which was complimentary of his positional drills.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

harrydog is offline Registered User

Obviously just because they have us taking Gholston over C. Long doesn't mean that's what will happen. But I think the reasoning is certainly valid. Gholston will probably provide more immediate results in the NFL than Long will. That is, more sacks. Long is the better all-around player but if pressuring the QB is what we want, the argument can certainly be made for Gholston. He helps immediately in that regard, plus, he's Little's eventual replacement. We look for more of a run stopping DE next year, if we feel we need one.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Uh, Winston Justice is a bust for the Eagles, he'd only be out there because they don't want to play a man short. I probably should have said USC Tackles. Trust me on this, they don't like Justice.
    So....the fact that he is their starting tackle means they dont like him? One bad game against one of the best defensive ends in the NFL does not mean he's a bust. I seem to remember Johnathen Ogden being embarressed by dwight freeney numerous times....but I dont think we'd call him a bust either.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

So....the fact that he is their starting tackle means they dont like him? One bad game against one of the best defensive ends in the NFL does not mean he's a bust. I seem to remember Johnathen Ogden being embarressed by dwight freeney numerous times....but I dont think we'd call him a bust either.
    Some times it's just better to keep your mouth shut any not let it be known that you have no clue what you're talking about. Justice doesn't start for them smart guy, William Thomas and John Runyan are their starters, their names don't even look like Winston Justice. He's played in 7 games and started one. He gave up 6 sacks in one game, the only one he started. But no you did a great job of proving me wrong. Check what you write from now on.
    Last edited by RedArcher7; -04-19-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Probably went too far

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Who else besides McShay knocked his Pro Day performance?
    The Gbn.com (Great Blue North) draft sight said some rather uncomplimentary things about Baker at the Senior Bowl practices. Of course that was awhile ago and he may have had a better pro day.

WHAT SAY YE?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12