I hate the pick

R2 Marcades Lewis TE UCLA
    Love the pick

R3 Daryll Tapp DE Virginia Tech
    Love the pick

RamsFan16

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

Re: NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.com's new mock |4.05.06|

I don't even care what mock drafts say anymore because that is someones opinion. I'm tired of seeing mock drafts and just want the draft to arrive already.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Me too. I'm just praying for Davis, Huff or Greenway
    RamsFan16

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

looking at the full day one picks apart from the first 6 i think when the end of draft day one comes along they`ll find that they will have got a lot of them picks wrong!

they got mangold going in round 2 which surprises me somewhat,ok he is a centre but hes a banker for 12 plus years at that position IMHO!

theres also a few surprises for me that some players got into the mid to late first round when id say they more round 2 picks and surprised some have got to round 2 when they should be round 1 picks,also i dont agree with some of the reasoning behind why theyve picked players to go to some teams where they already have strengths !

i to dont want tye hill as our first round pick,although i wouldnt go as far as to say id hate it and i know a lot of peeps on here may be happy over it but if we stay at 11 theres a few players id take instead!

im hoping that either we can get VD at 11,trade up for hawk or down for more picks!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

The reason I hate the Hill pick is because I'm sick of small DBs we have plenty of them. We need big physical guys.
    RamsFan16

harrydog is offline Registered User

I'm praying that Davis doesn't fall to us, and I just can't believe we would trade up to get him.
    No TE with the first pick!!!

db`s arent on my top 3 priority list so i agree with you to some extent,tho bartell is big enough,if we draft huff, atogwe could fill in at cb when we play the likes of arizona if their big guys are dominating our small cbs too much-its also worth noting though that possibly our best cb in recent memory was classed "undersized" for the position and is today one of the greatest dbs in the NFL enter dre bly-hes got great spring in his feet and so has tye hill!

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog
    I'm praying that Davis doesn't fall to us, and I just can't believe we would trade up to get him.
    No TE with the first pick!!!
    why no TE in particular VD with the first pick even at 11th??

who would you pick??

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    R1 Tye Hill CB Clemson
    I hate the pick
    Yet you made the same pick in one of your mocks a week ago.

I'd like the Tye Hill pick a lot more if we weren't passing on Ngata to take him. I'd be okay with the Lewis pick if we weren't passing on Pope to take him. Tapp in the third is okay, but of the players available, he wouldn't have been my first choice (in no order: Rodrique Wright, Gerris Wilkinson, Roman Harper, Spencer Havner).

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams
    theres also a few surprises for me that some players got into the mid to late first round when id say they more round 2 picks and surprised some have got to round 2 when they should be round 1 picks,also i dont agree with some of the reasoning behind why theyve picked players to go to some teams where they already have strengths !
    Well, stocks and values change. The stocks of guys like Jonathan Joseph and Jason Allen have been soaring recently. Both of these guys were second round guys around the time of the combine and workouts, but have really elevated.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams
    why no TE in particular VD with the first pick even at 11th??

who would you pick??
    I've got nothing against Davis. But I think defense is a much higher priority and I want us to go that way with the first pick. I do think we should draft a TE, just not in the 1st round. There should still be some good ones available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

im hoping that either we can get VD at 11
    I don't know about 11th, but I'm certain you can get it on the corner of 3rd and Jefferson.
    Oh wait, you mean Vernon Davis?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Wow, Scott Wright was pretty bold with this mock. More creative thinking in that one than any I've seen.

One comment I'd like to make is to note the four picks including ours and the three following:

11. Tye Hill
    12. Haloti Ngata
    13. Broderick Bunkley
    14. Chad Greenway

Personally, I'd take any of the other three rather than Hill. Nothing against Hill, but in the modern NFL of 6'5" receivers, a 5'9" corner can be a problem. Hill may be the best pure cover man in the draft, but I'm not excited about locking him up with Fitgerald and Boldin twice a year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod