RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.com's new mock |4.17.06|

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

The Rams picks.

Round 1: Jimmy Williams DB, Virginia Tech
    There is an old saying in football which is if you have a lot you probably have nothing and that is the case at cornerback for the Rams. Even though St. Louis has a number of solid players such as Travis Fisher, Jerametrius Butler, Ronald Bartell and DeJuan Groce it is more of a case of quantity rather quality and they really need a difference maker at the position. Jimmy Williams has great size, is very athletic and runs well but even though he has the measurables of a cornerback he has maintained the demeanor of a safety, which he played early in his career, when it comes to style of play and is still very physical. There has been talk that Williams has been slipping a bit but ultimately it is hard to imagine a prospect at his position and with his physical tools falling too far on Draft Day. Tight end is also a need and new head coach Scott Linehan would love to replace Brandon Manumaleuna with a pass catching threat so if Vernon Davis managed to fall this far he'd probably be too good to pass up. After suffering a number of losses along the defensive line in free agency the past few years (Grant Wistrom, Bryce Fisher, Ryan Pickett, Damione Lewis) that might be an area they would look to address and a linebacker like Ernie Sims is still a possibility as well but the safe money is on them using this selection to bring in Davis or an impact player in the secondary and this pick will finally give them the top cover man they've been lacking since the days of Aeneas Williams. Watch out a trade here too.

Round 2: Leonard Pope TE, Georgia
    A tremendous value pick who will be a major upgrade over Manumaleuna in the passing game.

Round 3: Brian Calhoun RB, Wisconsin
    Marshall Faulk is not going to play too much longer and this guy can fill the same type of role.

I personally love this draft!!!!

RamsFan16

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

Re: NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.com's new mock |4.17.06|

on looking at their 3 round mock id say in each round theres better talent left on the board after the picks they have given!

rampete is offline Registered User

well of course there are better talents...cause these are picks based primarily on the rams need...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Would rather have one of the two DTs with the first pick and Hodge in the third. I would be surprised if two of our three first day picks were spent on the offensive side of the ball. Can't complain about Pope, but we don't need to spend a third rounder on a change of pace back.

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    well of course there are better talents...cause these are picks based primarily on the rams need...
    I`ll explain my thinking for you!

round one even if we gotta pick a db which i really dont think we need to in round one then cromartie and hill are better options than williams!-id take bunkley,ngata,greenway,sims,cromartie and hill over williams! all players would fill NEEDS and offer more talent

round 2-pope to me although filling a need at TE isnt someone that uses his size to block ala manu, id take klopfenstein over him,but id also fill one of the big needs and take max jean- gilles

round 3- id take if a TE taken in first 2 rounds, abdul hodge a NEED as no real natural MLB over yet another(do we really need 5) RB!
    Last edited by Drew4EverRams; -04-17-2006 at 06:51 PM.

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams
    I`ll explain my thinking for you!...
    understood and agreed!

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

I really like this Draft J. Williams and L. Pope....i would go for a LB in the 3rd