Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

nfldraftcountdown's First Round Pick for the Rams

13. ST. LOUIS RAMS
    LAWRENCE TIMMONS OLB | Florida St. | Scouting Report
    Once again the Rams defense was abysmal in 2006, especially against the run, so the odds are they will be looking for some help in the front seven. Last year Saint Louis was considering linebackers like Ernie Sims and Chad Greenway in round one so they are definitely in the market for an upgrade over Brandon Chillar. Lawrence Timmons has been overshadowed by guys like Sims, A.J. Nicholson and Buster Davis throughout his career but when he finally got a chance to start as a junior he made the most of the opportunity, notching 18.0 tackles for a loss and 5.0 sacks. He is still very raw but all he really lacks is experience and eventually he could end up being an even better player than Sims. Workouts are going to be crucial for Timmons but if he tests as well as most think he will there is a strong chance that he could be a factor in the middle of round one. A top defensive end to compliment Leonard Little is a possibility as well but at the end of the day Timmons gives them a potential impact linebacker while also addressing a glaring need.

What do you think about this pick? Height: 6-3 | Weight: 230 | 40-Time: 4.65

Here are the people that were selected before the Rams get to chose in this Mock Draft.

1. OAKLAND RAIDERS
    JAMARCUS RUSSELL

2. DETROIT LIONS
    JOE THOMAS

3. CLEVELAND BROWNS
    BRADY QUINN

4. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS
    CALVIN JOHNSON

5. ARIZONA CARDINALS
    ALAN BRANCH

6. WASHINGTON REDSKINS
    GAINES ADAMS

7. MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    JAMAAL ANDERSON

8. HOUSTON TEXANS
    ADRIAN PETERSON

9. MIAMI DOLPHINS
    AMOBI OKOYE

10. ATLANTA FALCONS
    LEON HALL

11. SAN FRANCISCO 49'ERS
    TED GINN, JR.

12. BUFFALO BILLS
    LEVI BROWN

And they have Patrick Willis all the way down to the Colts with the 31st pick.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: nfldraftcountdown's First Round Pick for the Rams

I like it a lot, actually. I think Timmons has great size, is a very good athlete, and would be a nice fit for us at the SAM position. He's raw but would have two very good veterans in Pisa and Witherspoon to learn from. With the top D-line talent off the board, I think the pick makes a lot of sense.

Rams99 is offline Registered User

We need some "thickness" someone 250+ I want to see a big nasty come on draft day..

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

What happened that keeps making Willis drop farther and farther down the board? Is it just the underclassmen declaring or what?

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    What happened that keeps making Willis drop farther and farther down the board? Is it just the underclassmen declaring or what?
    Perhaps. I haven't heard anything specific on him recently to explain why his stock might be dropping, if that indeed is the case. I think he's just getting pushed down as the class gets deeper and more talented at the top level.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Not a bad choice. I would like to see someone on defense, if not him perhaps a SS.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

They added a second round pick for nfldraftcountdown's mock draft.

45. ST. LOUIS RAMS
    LaMarr Woodley DE | Michigan | Height: 6-2 | Weight: 274 | 40-Time: 4.75
    Leonard Little's still one of the best in the business but they will need someone opposite him.

Scouting Report:
    Strengths:
    A good athlete with great quickness off the snap...Is solidly built...Very strong and a big hitter...Versatile with experience at defensive end and linebacker...Excellent in pursuit and has a motor that never stops...Natural pass rusher with a knack for getting after the quarterback...Technically sound, will use his hands well and can shed blocks...Holds his own versus the run...Has a lot of experience and was very productive...Tough, nasty and a hard worker...Team leader with good intangibles.

Weaknesses:
    A 'tweener who does not have the ideal height that you look for...His timed speed is only average...May have to make a position change at the next level...Struggles with and can be overpowered by massive offensive linemen...His lack of size and pure speed will only be magnified in the NFL...Will not fit in well in every scheme.

Notes:
    Nickname is "Wood"...A hybrid player whose best fit in the pros might very well be as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense...Does not have everything you look for in terms of measurables but you can't ignore the production...His exact role is yet to be determined but teams will find ways to get a playmaker like him on the field.

How about this pick?

Can't really complain about Woodley in the second round, though I would be nervous if we go through the first two rounds and haven't addressed the DT position.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I like it a lot, actually. I think Timmons has great size, is a very good athlete, and would be a nice fit for us at the SAM position. He's raw but would have two very good veterans in Pisa and Witherspoon to learn from. With the top D-line talent off the board, I think the pick makes a lot of sense.
    does he start for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    does he start for us?
    I would expect him to, sure.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Can't really complain about Woodley in the second round, though I would be nervous if we go through the first two rounds and haven't addressed the DT position.
    I have to say this as well. Although this mock isnt taking into account a likely FA acquisition at DE

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I don't like these picks at all. We all know the problems that we have had against the run this season. I don't think that picking another 230lb SLB is going to help us with these problems. I think it would be better if we picked up a big bruiser in the middle of our defense. Some teams can get away with small undersized speedy lb's, but they have a fast powerful defensive line that can stop the run and get pressure on the qb (see colts). We can not get pressure or stop the run with this line. We need to get some size on the front seven.

As for the 2nd pick I don't like that one either. With all the problems that we have had with getting pressure in the middle of the line I don't feel that we should go with a DE. We should concentrate on getting some pressure in the middle of the defense. And even if we get someone in FA how much longer can Glover last on this line?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    I don't like these picks at all. We all know the problems that we have had against the run this season. I don't think that picking another 230lb SLB is going to help us with these problems. I think it would be better if we picked up a big bruiser in the middle of our defense. Some teams can get away with small undersized speedy lb's, but they have a fast powerful defensive line that can stop the run and get pressure on the qb (see colts). We can not get pressure or stop the run with this line. We need to get some size on the front seven.
    Who else would you have us pick there? Timmons addresses a need and it's the best value pick on the table for us. Branch, Anderson, Adams, and Okoye are all gone when we pick in this scenario. There's not a defensive lineman available worth taking that high and we shouldn't reach for players simply because that's where we have our biggest need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    As for the 2nd pick I don't like that one either. With all the problems that we have had with getting pressure in the middle of the line I don't feel that we should go with a DE. We should concentrate on getting some pressure in the middle of the defense. And even if we get someone in FA how much longer can Glover last on this line?
    Yes, we need pressure in the middle of our defense. But we also need it from the right end spot, and Woodley is very good value in the middle of the second round.

If we come out of the first two rounds with Timmons and Woodley, I don't see how anyone couldn't be at least somewhat excited about that. Yes we still have to address our needs in the middle of the line, but we're getting two good prospects at need positions in the first two rounds.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Not to worry, Dr. Defense, the Rams won't be picking a SLB or any other LB at #13. As I have previously posted, I don't think that Haslett & Co. are all that dissatisfied with B. Chillar at SLB. Granted they would love to have an upgrade at this position; but you could make that case for practically every position on the team. The scenario I see developing is that if Okoye keeps his high grade (#12 on Kiper list) the Rams may just pick him if he's there. If he's not, look for them to take a WR at that spot, or just trade down (ala last year) and take the LBers in the 17 -22 range where they belong and get some extra picks. Don't sweat it about blowing the 13th pick on a LBer;--it ain't goin' to happen!

WHAT SAY YE?

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

I would be very happy to acquire Timmons and Woodley with our two picks. Obviously this all depends on who we sign in free agency as their is no way we don't draft a dt in the first two round unless we sign a solid one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast