Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: nfldraftcountdown's First Round Pick for the Rams

First of all Dr Defense, please don't tell me you said the colts can stop the run? Oh gosh they were worse than us!!!

And RAMmarkable, sorry to burst your bubble but the chances of us talkin a WR in the first are very low, I can say I'm 99% sure that we won't take a WR in the first, I would much rather have a defensive player in the first rather than a WR, and I have no idea why you say we "WILL NOT DRAFT A LB". Where do you get this? Your own opinion? I hope you have a source to saying that haslett and co arent dissatisfied with our LB's....do you have a sorce to that? And also I know I just asked this but I want you to answer why you think we will draft a WR in the first?

Built RAM tough

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Who else would you have us pick there? Timmons addresses a need and it's the best value pick on the table for us. Branch, Anderson, Adams, and Okoye are all gone when we pick in this scenario. There's not a defensive lineman available worth taking that high and we shouldn't reach for players simply because that's where we have our biggest need.
    I'm not necessarily saying that we have to take a defensive lineman in the first round. I would be ok with us taking a large run stuffing MLB. both are needs for us on this team. As for who it should be? I'm not really sure. I don't really follow college football all that much. I just don't feel that anyother guy that weighs in at 230lbs in the ideal candiate for this team right now.

Yes, we need pressure in the middle of our defense. But we also need it from the right end spot, and Woodley is very good value in the middle of the second round.
    If that is the case then where does Victor Adeyanju fit into this team? By drafting another right end candiate are you saying that you don't feel that he is right for this team? If that's the case do you trade him for another pick on day one?

You don't trade victor for a first day pick, he is a run stuffer, and we need a roght end who can pass rush and stuff the run as well
    Built RAM tough

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

If that is the case then where does Victor Adeyanju fit into this team? By drafting another right end candiate are you saying that you don't feel that he is right for this team? If that's the case do you trade him for another pick on day one?[/quote]

I don't know if you know this but you need more than two defensive ends. The teams with the best defensive lines usually have at least three solid ends and threes solid dts. You need a rotation of lineman to keep them fresh. Especially against physical running teams. Victor imo is not ready to start anyways and would be much better served coming off the bench. That is why I really didn't like the Hargrove trade last year. Yes he may have had trouble with Linehan but their was a tremendous drop off when we had to play Green for extended plays. I also would worry about not drafting a defensive tackle in the first two rounds but this is all contigent on who we acquire in free agency.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    I would be ok with us taking a large run stuffing MLB. both are needs for us on this team.
    It's not a need, though. Both Haslett and Witherspoon have come out and made it clear that Will is sticking in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    If that is the case then where does Victor Adeyanju fit into this team?
    He fits in on a defensive line rotation. We need more than Little, Adeyanju, and Green on this team at DE. At some point we have to acquire more help at DE. Woodley in the second round is very good value and fills that need.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    And RAMmarkable, sorry to burst your bubble but the chances of us talkin a WR in the first are very low, I can say I'm 99% sure that we won't take a WR in the first, I would much rather have a defensive player in the first rather than a WR, and I have no idea why you say we "WILL NOT DRAFT A LB". Where do you get this? Your own opinion? I hope you have a source to saying that haslett and co arent dissatisfied with our LB's....do you have a sorce to that? And also I know I just asked this but I want you to answer why you think we will draft a WR in the first?
    Permit me to answer your questions in an inverse order.

1.) As to the "source" used that Haslett and Co. are not dissatisfied with our LB's....This comes from months of reading articles on ClanRam as well as other publications like The Post-Dispatch, etc. I just haven't read from these sources any major angst with our LB corps. Of course, I have read numerous posts from Clan members about Chillar's alleged deficiencies, but I shall await word from Haslett/Linehan on this issue themselves. Until I hear otherwise, I can only assume that the LB's, and Chillar especially, are not really a huge concern at this time.

2.) ...."why you think we will draft a WR in the first?" This opinion comes from a process of elimination. I.E. with what is projected to be available at pick 13, it is very conceivable that a WR like Ginn or Jarrett will be the BPA. The question then becomes, are you going to pass on a WR to pick a player of lesser rating because of the dreaded "need' scenario? This has almost always been a recipe for disaster and one I hope that the Rams Brass will avoid.

3.)....I would much rather have a defensive player in the first than a WR..." Please refer to post #2 situated above.

I hope that I have answered your questions satisfactorily.

WHAT SAY YE?

Okay I see where your coming from, but I really think that there will be a defensive player we can use in the first
    Built RAM tough

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Just because someone is the bpa doesn't mean they will turn out to be the best. Buffalo went throught this last year with Donte Whitner. Everybody knocked the pick and hollered about drafting him too high and he turned out to be an impact player in his first year. Also if their is nobody there we can always trade down.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Also if their is nobody there we can always trade down.
    Technically you can't "always" trade down. It requires someone willing to trade up, and said party might not exist.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Technically you can't "always" trade down. It requires someone willing to trade up, and said party might not exist.
    Who needs a receiver below us?

Drew is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    with the exception of the Jags,Cinci and Indy theres quite a few teams that could do with either an upgrade or an injection of youth on their WR pool IMHO!

Packers at 15 KC at 22 etc.........

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The jags could use a speedy WR, they only seem to have the big tall posession types right now

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The jags could use a speedy WR, they only seem to have the big tall posession types right now
    We could do with one of their's IMO! :l

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy
    the chargers could add another WR to their team to help out Philip Rivers.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    We could do with one of their's IMO! :l
    True. Imagine having Matt Jones alongside Holt and Bruce, especially in the redzone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast