chiguy is offline Registered User

Nick...player question

What are your thoughts on Kansas' Jon Cornish? I know he isn't an early round player, but he's very fast and has showed some toughness this season. Plus, he's been very good on special teams throughout his career.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Nick...player question

Solid all-around running back who needs to show that he can carry the load now that he's the full time starter. Seems like he's solid at a lot of things but not spectacular in any one area. He has good speed but isn't a burner, good power but isn't a tank. I see him as a late rounder/undrafted free agent at the time being, but he could improve his stock with a good season. I'm not sure how he functions at the next level. Is he a change of pace 'back? If so, what pace is he changing to? He could be an adequate back-up though because it sounds like he's getting a fair amount of work and isn't disappointing.

His problem at KU early was work ethic, though that seems to be in the past. Last year the coaches didn't think he was good enough in protection to play more, even though he was clearly the best runner-catcher on the roster out of the backfield.

I'm surprised to hear you say he's not a burner. He was more highly recruited as a track athlete.

In any case, that seems like a reasonable assessment. He's improved a lot the last two years, but the record of achievement is pretty thin.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I'm surprised to hear you say he's not a burner. He was more highly recruited as a track athlete.
    Right, but the estimated 40-time I have on him is in the 4.5 range.

I'd be stunned if that's accurate. But I guess you never know until the pro day comes around.