Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Nick's "All I Want for Christmas is a New Mock Draft" First-Round Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1603 View Post
    He is a risk, but I think his poor play this year has been a confidence problem. Given the situation to play here in St. Louis he will 1) Get a new start and most likely will be given the starting spot unless he loses it 2) be alongside Chavous who could teach Lewis quite a few things I'm sure 3) Get involved in doing what he does best, get up and stop the run.
    Fair points, though to respond to #2, I'd be surprised if Chavous could really teach Lewis much that Brian Dawkins hadn't already covered. If the Rams actually do want to move Chavous back to FS, then Lewis is one of the better strong safety veterans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB1603 View Post
    I think Chavous is going to be a big part of the defense in the years to come. He has impressed me this year, to me he is a playmaker on the defense. But he needs a few playmakers around him as well, running backs shouldn't have so much room to make a move by the time Chavous is at the play.
    See, I'm not so sure I view him as a big playmaker as much as just a solid reliable leader. I guess I just think his skill set is pretty adequate for the strong safety position, given his physicality in the running game and man coverage skills. I'd be more gung-ho about a move to FS if he was really struggling on the other side, but the only thing I consistently haven't been that impressed with is his man coverage against slot receivers, which he probably shouldn't be doing anyways. He's made two and a half tackles for loss, which suggest to me that he's pretty decent at or near the line of scrimmage, something you'd ask your strong safety to do more than your free safety. Given that Lewis' agent seems to think pretty highly of his client, I can't help but wonder if we'd be getting what we paid for in signing him.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

BigDaddyPace Guest

Re: Nick's "All I Want for Christmas is a New Mock Draft" First-Round Mock Draft

I wouldn't mind Landry, but i think our biggest concerns are middle linebacker and and a run stopping DT. It would be cool if Branch fell to us but Im not sure if e is the type of DT the Rams need. We have wasted so many picks on lighter, more mobile DTs that I think we just need to draft the fattest SOB in the draft. My 1st round pick: Patrick Willis.

PS-London Fletcher is back on t he FA market? I hope he is homesick!!

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    I wouldn't mind Landry, but i think our biggest concerns are middle linebacker and and a run stopping DT. It would be cool if Branch fell to us but Im not sure if e is the type of DT the Rams need. We have wasted so many picks on lighter, more mobile DTs that I think we just need to draft the fattest SOB in the draft. My 1st round pick: Patrick Willis.

PS-London Fletcher is back on t he FA market? I hope he is homesick!!
    Alan Branch maybe mobile which is good, but also holds up in the middle, doesn't get pushed back and penetrates unlike Kennedy, or anyone we have.

PS - Stay away from London Fletcher!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

PS - Stay away from London Fletcher!
    Whoaaaaaa! You're going to have to give a little explanation on this one, big guy. Why exactly should the Rams stay away from London Fletcher?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -04-01-2008, 05:17 PM