throwback week

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: Nick's "Day After" Second Round Mock Draft

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's "Day After" Second Round Mock Draft

I'll be happy if there's one correct pick in this baby after a somewhat unpredictable first round, but looking at the remaining prospects on my board, here's how I see the second round possibly going...

Round Two
    33. St. Louis Rams: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
    -OL is tempting, but having failed to acquire a top receiver in the first round, the Rams would be wise to pounce on one here.

34. Indianapolis Colts: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
    -Matching Luck with Fleener will never happen, but I like the plotline too much to not project it. Ingram is another possibility.

35. Baltimore Ravens (f/MIN): Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
    -The Ravens trade down in the first round and still manage to get a great guard prospect to replace Ben Grubbs.

36. Denver Broncos (f/TB): Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    -Peyton Manning needs a better center than J.D. Dalton, and Konz is good value at this point. Don’t rule out RB Miller or a DT here though.

37. Cleveland Browns: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
    -Richardson, Weeden, and Hill. Not a bad trio for Cleveland with their first three picks, though I wouldn’t prefer them in that order.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars: Courtney Uprshaw, DE, Alabama
    -Jacksonville got their receiver, now they need to consider helping out their defense with a pass rusher.

39. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS): Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State
    -The Rams beef up at the left guard position by taking Silatolu, another prospect who could have been a first rounder.

40. Carolina Panthers: Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
    -Luke Kuechly is going to need someone in front of him to keep lineman occupied. Enter Mr. Thompson.

41. Buffalo Bills: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    -The Bills have a glaring need at offensive tackle, so it’s hard to see them passing on one here in the second round.

42. Miami Dolphins: Andre Branch, DE, Clemson
    -A weapon for Tannehill could be the choice, but the Dolphins also need to find some help in the pass rush department.

43. Seattle Seahawks: Mychal Kendricks, LB, California
    -Irvin was a surprise, but I expect the Seahawks will address MLB at some point in this draft. Kendricks could be that guy.

44. Kansas City Chiefs: Kelechi Osemele, OL, Iowa State
    -Osemele gives the Chiefs another player for the trenches, this time shoring up the guard position.

45. St. Louis Rams (f/DAL): Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska
    -The Rams finish their hat trick by getting an instant starter at linebacker, continuing to upgrade on defense.

46. Philadelphia Eagles: Bobbi Massie, OT, Mississippi
    -With Jason Peters down, an offensive tackle like Massie would be worth consideration here.

47. New York Jets: Vinny Curry, LB, Marshall
    -The Jets passed on outside linebackers to take Coples; do they view Curry as a guy who can stand up in the NFL?

48. New England Patriots (f/OAK): Kendall Reyes, DL, UConn
    -Reyes makes so much sense for the Patriots that I’d projected him as a first round pick for them in previous mocks.

49. San Diego Chargers: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
    -The right side of the Chargers’ line could use some bolstering, and Mike Adams could be just the guy to do it.

50. Chicago Bears: Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
    -Great value on Worthy, who could step in and immediate contribute as part of a defensive tackle rotation.

51. Philadelphia Eagles (f/ARI): Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
    -With Asante Samuel likely leaving town, the Eagles could take a chance on Jenkins and see what comes of it.

52. Tennessee Titans: Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
    -The Titans lost Courtland Finnegan in free agency, so they may need to restock in the defensive backfield.

53. Cincinnati Bengals: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
    -Imagine last year at this time if I would have told you the Bengals would be starting A.J. Green and Alshon Jeffery at WR in 2012.

54. Detroit Lions: Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
    -The Lions were interested in Gilmore and Kirkpatrick, so they will give a hard look to CB in round two.

55. Atlanta Falcons: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
    -I still think a tight end to groom behind Gonzalez makes a lot of sense for the Falcons.

56. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
    -Pittsburgh continues to address their lines, this time getting a mammoth nose tackle for their defense.

57. Denver Broncos: Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
    -Miller is a guy the Broncos could opt for with their first pick in the second round.

58. Houston Texans: Chris Givens, WR, Wake Forest
    -Houston passed on a receiver to take a pass rusher in round one; could they grab a weapon here?

59. Green Bay Packers: Chris Polk, RB, Washington
    -Green Bay needs to replenish in the backfield after letting Ryan Grant walk in free agency.

60. Baltimore Ravens: Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina
    -Brown is an athletic prospect who could be shaped to fill what the Ravens need at linebacker.

61. San Francisco *****: Devon Still, DL, Penn State
    -Defensive line is a good unit for San Fran, but Still is a good value and will add depth with potential down the road.

62. New England Patriots: Josh Robinson, CB, UCF
    -Finally the Patriots address their secondary with UCF’s Robinson.

63. New York Giants: Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
    -Schwartz should compete immediately for playing time at right tackle.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's "Day After" Second Round Mock Draft

I would be very happy with any of these combinations as long as we get OL, WR, and another talented player that can come in and contribute day one. Three bold are my top three.

Rueben Randle WR LSU
    Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
    Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska

Amini Silatolu, OG, Midwestern State
    Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
    Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
    Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    Kelechi Osemele, OL, Iowa State
    Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

-The Rams finish their hat trick by getting an instant starter at linebacker, continuing to upgrade on defense
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

This would be a wonderful haul for us.

I feel like Jenkins and Jeffrey might go higher than you have them, but great mock!

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

I like and very realistic. The Rams need to come out of this round with a WR, OG, and OLB at a mimimum.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Freakin' beautiful, brother. I'm looking for Randle, Glenn, & David. You scored 2, but filled all 3 positions. Go have your wife tongue-kiss you, and tell you "that's from HUb".
    cfh128 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Not wanting to miss out on our next highest WR, I won't be surprised if we don't trade out of #33, but we've shown that we're open for business. I'm looking at Randle and Hill in that order and doubt that we'd miss out on both by 39, but still would rather be safe than sorry.

If Janoris Jenkins is still there at 39, I expect to see us trade down to someone willing to take him on.

Silatolu, Konz, Miller and Polk are where I'd like to go with our 2nd and 3rd picks. OLB in round 3.
    I believe!