Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Nick's Early 2011 Rams Mock Offseason (v1)

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the Sproles signing here. He doesn't have the full pounding RBs his age have, but he's also smaller and more reliant on speed than most backs. I'd rather see us use that money for a guard and draft a RB. But, I don't have any specific names per se; its just what I'd like to see in an ideal world.
    I kind of feel like that's a good thing. Sproles is reliant on his speed, and he is much smaller. He's more or less the polar opposite of Jackson. I feel like Sproles has the big-play 'pop' in him whenever he touches the ball, and he'd be good to receive a limited amount of carries each game in exactly that role. If we're talking about Sproles as a full-time Plan B replacement for Jackson should he get hurt, then I'm a little more worried.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the Sproles signing here. He doesn't have the full pounding RBs his age have, but he's also smaller and more reliant on speed than most backs. I'd rather see us use that money for a guard and draft a RB. But, I don't have any specific names per se; its just what I'd like to see in an ideal world.
    I agree with that.

Sproles will be 28 when the next season starts (albeit a "low mileage" 28), and will probably want at least a 4 year deal. Unless structured with an easy-out clause after 2 years, that could be a bad deal in the long term.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I kind of feel like that's a good thing. Sproles is reliant on his speed, and he is much smaller. He's more or less the polar opposite of Jackson. I feel like Sproles has the big-play 'pop' in him whenever he touches the ball, and he'd be good to receive a limited amount of carries each game in exactly that role. If we're talking about Sproles as a full-time Plan B replacement for Jackson should he get hurt, then I'm a little more worried.
    I like the Sproles move. Let's not forget he can return kicks as well.
    He would be a true change of pace back behind Jackson.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
    Nice job Nick. I do, however, have some reservations about taking a WR in the first. Since 1937 the Rams have only drafted a WR in the first on two occasions, Torry Holt (1999) and Elroy 'Crazylegs' Hirsch (1945). ...........
    Eddie Kennison picked #18 in 1996, after the brilliant pick of Lawrence Phillips at .....#6 I think.
    Semper Fi!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

As an alternative to Owen Daniels, I'd like to see Zach Miller from Oakland signed as a FA. He's younger (25) compared to Owens (27) and isn't coming off a torn ACL. However, he did deal with nagging foot injuries last year but he would give us a more reliable and dynamic big man for Bradford to look for.

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

I gota say im not a fan of sproles. I want a guy that can run and catch effectively. I want more than a big play guy. I want SJ's replacement if he goes down a guy that can carry the load. I dont think sproles could fill 1/3 of Sj's shoes(literally and figuratively). I don't think he runs the ball very strong unless there is a huge hole, he gets arm tackled a lot. He is explosive, but he seems like all he can do is catch passes out of the backfield or run draws. What do you think about signing a guy like michael bush, amhad bradshaw or pierre thomas? and if we don't make a long term commitment for Sj's replacement, Then next year we can try to get trent richardson who could be a very long-term replacement.

Also I think we should sign one of the big recievers and get Julio in the first if he is still there. But we should sign jackson, rice, holmes just in case Julio isn't there. That way we can have a No.1 ready to step in instead of asking a 3rd or 4th rounder to try and be our no.1 reciever. If we dont get a wr like ur saying, and we get a TE, Don't we have enough money to get a Zach Miller instead of daniels?

I like the mcintosh idea. There aren't many good lb free agents. I was wondering if woodley could be an option to play in our 4-3? Again this is if the CBA allows a FA period before the draft.

Mason Foster's production alone leads me to believe he wont last past the 2nd but i would love to see him fall . I agree with pouncey being a little overrated cause of what his brother did( hopefully he is underrated if hes taking the field for the rams week 1). But that would be an awesome first 3 rounds if it goes down like that. I'm not sure about those other guys you have the rams drafting.
    Last edited by SJacks039; -02-01-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12