Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's FINAL Seven-Round Rams Mock Draft

Seven-Round Rams Mock Draft

ROUND ONE
    Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State
    6'2" - 306 lbs - Senior

Word is defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and the Rams coaching staff loves this guy - so much so that both Haslett and head coach Scott Linehan were personally present for Florida State's pro day. Bunkley is a quick yet powerful defensive lineman who has no problem disrupting the backfield, and with the loss of both Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis, the Rams certainly need an influx of talent at tackle.

ROUND TWO
    Joe Klopfenstein, TE, Colorado
    6'5" - 255 lbs - Senior

The Rams have virtually nothing but camp bodies behind starter Brandon Manumaleuna, and many Rams fans feel even he isn't adequate enough to start for this top offense. That makes upgrading at tight end a top priority, and in the second round, I feel Joe Klopfenstein is the best option for the Rams - he's tall, fast, has good hands, and is a fundamental blocker.

ROUND THREE
    Chris Chester, OL, Oklahoma
    6'3" - 303 lbs - Senior

In my latest three round mock, I have Chester available at the Rams' pick in the third round. If he's there, the Rams would be hard pressed to pass him up. Chester doesn't have a large body of work at Oklahoma on the offensive line, but shows the kind of athletic potential to be a great interior lineman with his quickness and versatility.

ROUND FOUR
    Will Blackmon, CB, Boston College
    6'0" - 198 lbs - Senior

Blackmon is an intriguing early second day prospect who needs a good amount of work to improve as a defensive back, but should contribute immediately in the return game. His experience as a receiver means he'll have great hands for the interception, and he could be a special player once he learns the nuances of the position.

ROUND FIVE
    Spencer Havner, LB, UCLA
    6'3" - 242 lbs - Senior

Havner has been one of my favorite mid round linebacker picks, and I've projected him as high as the third round before. But further investigation reveals a wide range of grades as to where Havner could go. If he's available in the fifth round, the Rams should run to the podium and take this underrated strong side prospect.

ROUND SIX
    Frostee Rucker, DE, USC
    6'3" - 261 lbs - Senior

You're not going to find a better pass rushing talent in the sixth round, in my opinion. Rucker comes from a program that has faced a lot of top competition, and while he isn't dominant, he's solid in numerous facets of the game - rushing the passer, stopping the run, and even dropping into coverage.

ROUND SEVEN
    Freddie Roach, LB, Alabama
    6'1" - 258 lbs - Senior

Believe it or not, Roach was a potential Day One selection at middle linebacker earlier in the season, but he's completely fallen out of a number of top 200+ prospect lists and projections. If he's available in the seventh, there's no reason the Rams shouldn't take a flier on him.

ROUND SEVEN
    Chris Barclay, RB, Wake Forest
    5'8" - 180 lbs - Senior

Barclay is a quick dynamic change of pace runner that could contribute immediately as a return man in special teams. But more importantly, when Marshall Faulk decides to hang his helmet up, Barclay can spell Steven Jackson and give the Rams that same shifty option in the backfield.

ROUND SEVEN
    Matt Lentz, OG, Michigan
    6'6" - 316 lbs - Senior

Lentz is a blue collar lineman who has a huge frame and loads of experience. For some reason though, he may not even be drafted. If the Rams are looking for more depth on the line, the powerful and well-rounded Lentz would be a great end-of-the-draft candidate.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's FINAL Seven-Round Rams Mock Draft

dont know much about lentz but seems would a look at with such a late pick,he seems to have some upside that could be worked with to make him a big steal!
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-26-2006 at 09:56 AM.

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

sorry nick balls that up abit not too hot on the pc,hope you picked up on my thoughts about your mock picks!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I like! Bunkley and Klopfenstein should come in and start right away, i like the thought of Joe's speed at the TE position, he could turn into a very good weapon for the Rams.

Do you see Havner being able to start for us at SLB?
    I like the Blackmon pick as well, he is an underrated corner, but you have to remember he only moved to WR to help his team, and i like that about the guy.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I'd be very pleased with that draft.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

I hope that's not what happens.

I have to believe the Rams Medical staff had concerns over Ngata's physical for it to work out this way.

How about the OTHER Oklahoma OFF Lineman (Guard) Davin Joseph?

Davin Joseph is VERY Strong. I don't know where he goes in the draft, but I think he's a much better prospect than Chester.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    How about the OTHER Oklahoma OFF Lineman (Guard) Davin Joseph?
    I've projected in my three-round league mock (which corresponds to this) that he goes prior to the Rams' second round pick.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

looks good nick,i cant believe lentz would drop that low, but if he does we need to take him,i believe he would see playing time for us this year.

Thanks for the info Nick.

With the draft, where there's a will, there's a way. I remember Bill Walsh trading up and down and all around to get players he targeted. Jimmy Johnson did some of that too.

By trading draft positions intra-round and possibly giving up later-round picks, we can get the guys we need. I saw some tape of this Joseph guy, and he was just moving people like a man among boys.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

I like it..... but id rather get Greenway than Sims

...I don't have us taking Sims?

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

No Safeties??????????

:1:

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

ramjiggy is offline Registered User

BULLSEYE!!! I LOVE YOUR LOGIC!!!..I COULDN'T AGREE MORE!..I REALLY THINK KLOPFENSTEIN :up: WILL BE A CONTRIBUTOR FOR YEARS TO COME:bow: AND BUNKLEY IS A FIERCE WARRIOR:football: !..I HOPE WE DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF PICKING NGATA(motor/weight)..JIMMY WILLIAMS(attitude)..TYE HILL(small hands/size):down: .. I HOPE WE GET A GOOD RETURN MAN, SINCE OUR S.T. IS SO WEAK AND SUSPECT! go rams!

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I'm not one for making predictions about draft picks because I'd prefer others to be right.

That said, the biggest disappointment I have thus far (and it could still change before the weekend is over), is that despite the overhaul in coaching, the off-season is playing out eerily similar to last year.

Early entry into the FA market. Some splash and then the FO seems to have decided to rest on their "laurels". The rest of the needs were to be addressed thru the draft.

Well the draft has yet to be their strong suit in recent years. I don't see the team having needed a complete overhaul to be playoff bound again. I think they would have been better served to use the draft picks to try and trade for "proven" commodities.

So StNick, rather than challenging your actual choices, I'll just say that I'd prefer you to be picking maybe fewer and maybe in different rounds ...

Time to go back to talking with the ATF boys ... it seems as if the Feds have gotten religion and want me to build bigger stills now and use corn mash too ... said something about Aunth'nol and 'n energy crisis ... time to put some 'shine in da gasline ...

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-24-2008, 03:02 PM