Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's FINAL Two-Round NFL Mock (no trades) & 7-Round Rams Mock

Well, this is it. Draft Day has arrived. Iíve already done a recent mock which included trades, and although it was a challenge to try and project a number of trades and figure out pick compensation, I enjoy how it turned out. Having said that, I wanted to put forth one more effort on a two-rounder that does not include trades, where teams stick to their original draft order. I also wanted to include a final seven-round Rams projection as well. There are still plenty of picks still in limbo with a number of possible outcomes, making this draft all the more interesting.

ROUND ONE

1. Carolina Panthers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    -This pick is coming down to the wire, but I think it would be a surprise if the selection for the Panthers was someone other than Newton.

2. Denver Broncos: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
    -The Von Miller talk is heating up, but can Denver really afford to pass on the draftís best defensive lineman to take a 4-3 OLB second overall?

3. Buffalo Bills: Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
    -Whichever defender Denver doesnít take will probably be selected here by Buffalo, as they could use both LB and DL help.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
    -Count me among those who donít expect the Bengals to take Blaine Gabbert here. Hard to pass up an offensive weapon like Green.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    -This could be prime trading location, but the Cardinals would benefit from pairing Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with LSUís Peterson.

6. Cleveland Browns: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    -Another spot where a trade down makes sense, especially given the way the board has fallen. Cleveland beat writers donít think Jones will be the pick here, which probably means he will be.

7. San Francisco *****: Robert Quinn, LB, North Carolina
    -Quinn could scare some people off due to his medical, but I think the ***** would like to add his pass-rush prowess to their defense.

8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    -Iíve basically got Nick Fairley locked in to the Titans, so be prepared to see someone else taken by Tennessee in the first round.

9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    -This should come down to an offensive lineman or cornerback, with a five-technique end as a dark horse. But I still like Smithís fit to the Cowboys.

10. Washington Redskins: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    -Washington might have to trade up if they want to secure Gabbert, but in this scenario, I had him falling to their pick here.

11. Houston Texans: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    -The Texans would like to find another corner to start opposite of Kareem Jackson in their secondary, and are fortunate to find the Prince still on the board.

12. Minnesota Vikings: Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    -A defensive end or offensive tackle will be awfully tempting, but the Vikings have nothing at quarterback and may not want to risk missing out.

13. Detroit Lions: Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
    -Protecting Matthew Stafford will be a priority in 2011, meaning the Lions will give a lot of consideration to offensive line help. CB or DE could be considered as well.

14. St. Louis Rams: Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
    -If the top two receivers are off the board, then this pick will either be a defensive lineman or a trade down. Smith is the best value on the board.

15. Miami Dolphins: Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
    -I wouldnít be shocked to see Ryan Mallett here, but the Dolphins may opt to improve an offensive line with only one surefire starter in Jake Long.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    -The Jaguars and Kerrigan have been a sensible match since the Senior Bowl due to Jacksonvilleís desperate need for pass rush help.

17. New England Patriots (f/OAK): Cameron Jordan, DE, California
    -Iíve had J.J. Watt here for a long time, but I could also see New England preferring Jordan when itís all said and done.

18. San Diego Chargers: J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    -Without a top 3-4 pass rusher on the board, San Diego will turn to their defensive line and go after Wisconsinís Watt.

19. New York Giants: Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
    -An offensive lineman is quite tempting, but Liuget could have an immediate impact on the interior of the Giantsí DL.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DaíQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    -Huge fall for Bowers, but it could end here if Tampa Bay is comfortable with his medical situation.

21. Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor
    -Nose tackles donít make for flashy picks, but the Chiefs need to find someone capable of clogging the middle.

22. Indianapolis Colts: Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    -The Colts regret not taking a left tackle of the future last year, and will do their best not to make the same mistake here.

23. Philadelphia Eagles: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    -Smith could go ten picks higher, so the Eagles will count themselves as fortunate to see him available.

24. New Orleans Saints: Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    -Running back isnít a pressing need for New Orleans, but it is a questionable enough position to make them consider Ingram.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
    -Matt Hasselbeck may not be back and Charlie Whitehurst just isnít the answer. Ponder should sneak into round one.

26. Baltimore Ravens: Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Temple
    -The Ravens may look at secondary or OL help, but Wilkerson could fit in immediately on the Ravensí DL.

27. Atlanta Falcons: Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    -The Jamaal Anderson experiment should be over, as Clayborn gives the Falcons another starting defensive end.

28. New England Patriots: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    -Watkins just strikes me as a New England kind of player, and could be plugged in immediately at right guard.

29. Chicago Bears: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    -If Jay Cutler was currently allowed to talk to the Bears, heíd probably be lobbying for more protection help.

30. New York Jets: Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
    -A great fit as a five-technique in the 3-4 defense, Cameron Heyward is a nice value for the Jets here.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
    -The Steelers could use long-term answers at either tackle spot, making Mississippi Stateís Derek Sherrod a solid selection.

32. Green Bay Packers: Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
    -Ayers has slipped a bit from the Top 20 prospect he was earlier this offseason, but will fit in nicely across from Clay Matthews.

ROUND TWO
    33. New England Patriots (f/CAR): Brooks Reed, LB, Arizona
    -The Patriots will look to Reed for pass rush help.

34. Buffalo Bills: Stephen Paea, DL, Oregon State
    -Buffalo passes on a QB to improve their personnel on the DL.

35. Cincinnati Bengals: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
    -The Bengals are said to like Dalton, and would love to see him here.

36. Denver Broncos: Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    -Rudolph is an instant upgrade over a weak Denver TE group.

37. Cleveland Browns: Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
    -Austin could crack the first round; nice fit for Clevelandís new 4-3 scheme.

38. Arizona Cardinals: Jabaal Sheard, LB, Pittsburgh
    -Cardinals missed out on a pass rusher earlier, so look for them to find one here.

39. Tennessee Titans: Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
    -Titans may pass on Mallett after dealing with the disappointing character of Vince Young.

40. Dallas Cowboys: Aaron Williams, DB, Texas
    -Great fit for a Cowboys team in need of CB and S help.

41. Washington Redskins: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    -Carlos Rodgers and Phillip Buchanon are free agents; time to restock.

42. Houston Texans: Justin Houston, LB, Georgia
    -A drug test has caused Houstonís stock to slide, but the Texans need LB help.

43. Minnesota Vikings: Rodney Hudson, OL, Florida State
    -Hudson could emerge as a starting center or guard candidate in Minnesota.

44. Detroit Lions: Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
    -The Lions desperately need some talent at OLB; Carter has first-round ability.

45. San Francisco *****: Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
    -Frank Gore isnít going to last forever; LeShoure gives them insurance for the future.

46. Denver Broncos (f/MIA): Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
    -John Fox could look for Martez Wilson to become his Denver version of Jon Beason.

47. St. Louis Rams: Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    -Nice value for the Rams, who need more weapons for Sam Bradford.

48. Oakland Raiders: Ben Ijalana, OL, Villanova
    -Ijalana gives the Raiders versatility, as he could line up at guard or tackle.

49. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
    -Mallett could be a Top 20 selection or find himself in the middle of Day Two.

50. San Diego Chargers: Jon Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
    -Chargers have some long-term concerns at the receiver position.

51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
    -Talibís off the field issues makes cornerback a need area for Tampa Bay.

52. New York Giants: Stefan Wisniewski, C, Penn State
    -The Giants find their center of the future in Wisniewski.

53. Indianapolis Colts: Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
    -Nevis is undersized but could be a nice penetrator for the Coltsí scheme.

54. Philadelphia Eagles: James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
    -The Eagles need help on the right side of their line, making Carpenter intriguing.

55. Kansas City Chiefs: Titus Young, WR, Boise State
    -Kansas City will be happy to pair Titus Young with Dwayne Bowe in their offense.

56. New Orleans Saints: Mason Foster, LB, Washington
    -Foster is an instant upgrade over some weak OLBs on the Saintsí roster.

57. Seattle Seahawks: Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
    -Will former USC coach Pete Carroll see the value in one of his old players?

58. Baltimore Ravens: Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
    -Dowling helps restock a Ravens secondary that is thinning out.

59. Atlanta Falcons: Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
    -Hankerson will be a solid #2 receiver when paired with Roddy White.

60. New England Patriots: Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
    -Running back isnít a pressing need, but Williams is too good to pass up here.

61. Chicago Bears: Clint Boling, OG, Georgia
    -Chicago continues to bolster its offensive line by taking Boling; Cutler is ecstatic.

62. San Diego Chargers (f/NYJ): Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
    -Moch hopefully improves a questionable Chargers pass rush.

63. Pittsburgh Steelers: Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
    -Brown could emerge as a starter opposite of Ike Taylor, assuming Taylor is back.

64. Green Bay Packers: Orlando Franklin, OL, Miami
    -The Packers make a move to protect their franchise investment in Rodgers.

FULL RAMS DAFT
    Round Three: Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
    -Still like Rackley here as a mid-rounder who could challenge immediately at a weak right guard slot on the Ramsí OL.

Round Four: Jaiquawn Jarrett, FS, Temple
    -Still very much intrigued by Jarrett here, as I think his versatility will be valued by Spagnuolo. Might be gone at this point, though.

Round Five: Derrick Locke, RB, Kentucky
    -The Rams would like to find a complimentary back to Jackson, and Locke looked explosive during the Senior Bowl.

Round Seven: Scott Lutrus, LB, Connecticut
    -Provides depth at middle and strong side linebacker while contributing on special teams.

Round Seven: Dexter Larimore, NT, Ohio State
    -Solid interior defender who could factor into the Ramsí rotation at nose tackle.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's FINAL Two-Round NFL Mock (no trades) & 7-Round Rams Mock

I could live with this, especially if we could get Locke there. I kind of liked the draft from the other day a bit better because I love the idea of getting the DT in Round 2.

shower beers is online now Registered User

I really like Jaiquawn Jarret and was going to include him in my mock, the one that I never created. However, I think round 4 may be too late to grab him, as you have predicted. Can't go wrong with Dex either. Nice mock!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Looks good as long as we can find some sort of solution at OLB in free agency. Its tough to fill so many holes!