throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Nick's First 2014 7-Round Rams Mock Draft

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's First 2014 7-Round Rams Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have a hard time seeing the Browns giving up two first round picks in 2014 to move up two spots. I don't know if I would make that deal if I were them.
    Yeah I can relate to where you are coming from. I sell real estate here in so cal and sometimes my own clients will do and pay anything to get what they want. It goes against all common sense when emotions get involved. The Rams will be dealing from a position of strength. We can simply stay and take Jake at two and will match value with need. The Rams won't be desperate to try and move back in fear they will have to reach at two. It's really early to be talking about trade value today, lets see how the market looks in three months, who is hot and who is a must get.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-09-2014 at 10:56 PM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The Browns got upset when they lost out on the trade with the Rams before, but that was because they got outbid by the Redskins. If the Browns fall in love with a QB at 2, and another team comes calling as well, they may well throw the other first rounder in as well two secure the deal.
    Randart likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

If the Browns were to offer their first, second and third round picks for #2, that would be within 10 points of an even trade on the Trade Value Chart.

demiurge is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The Browns got upset when they lost out on the trade with the Rams before, but that was because they got outbid by the Redskins. If the Browns fall in love with a QB at 2, and another team comes calling as well, they may well throw the other first rounder in as well two secure the deal.
    My understanding is that the Browns weren't upset they were outbid.

They actually outbid the Redskins.

However, the structure of the Browns offer was not as good in the Rams front office eyes. They had front loaded the picks, but the Rams preferred to have them spread out over three years. Smart for them, as we saw - we ended up getting the #2 pick this year because of that, and it gave the Rams scouts more time to investigate their picks.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Round 2: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville
    I got to watch this kid all year long. Heck of a ball player who can play either safety position. Put him in the box; put him in centerfield. Either way, he can make plays. I like it.
    Round 3: Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
    Another intriguing pick. A mountain of a man, but comes with questions: Will his conditioning meet NFL standards? Can he hone his technique to play with leverage? How long will it take him to go from raw to refined? If the answers turn out right, this kid could be a monster.
    Round 5: Jordan Tripp, LB, Montana
    I read something on this kid the other day. I've never seen him play, but I like what I read. Sounds like a hard worker and team leader.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rawr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Yeah I can relate to where you are coming from. I sell real estate here in so cal and sometimes my own clients will do and pay anything to get what they want. It goes against all commons sense when emotions get involved. The Rams will be dealing from a position of strength. We can simply stay and take Jake at two and will match value with need. The Rams won't be desperate to try and move back in fear they will have to reach at two. It's really early to be talking about trade value today, lets see how the market looks in three months, who is hot and who is a must get.
    If we had an RG3/Luck-type draft again, I would agree with you, but I don't see Clowney or the #2 QB drawing that kind of interest.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If the Browns were to offer their first, second and third round picks for #2, that would be within 10 points of an even trade on the Trade Value Chart.
    Seems like a lot to give up just to move up 2 spots, but if the Browns were dumb enough to do it I'm all for it

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by demiurge View Post
    My understanding is that the Browns weren't upset they were outbid.

They actually outbid the Redskins.

However, the structure of the Browns offer was not as good in the Rams front office eyes. They had front loaded the picks, but the Rams preferred to have them spread out over three years. Smart for them, as we saw - we ended up getting the #2 pick this year because of that, and it gave the Rams scouts more time to investigate their picks.
    They didn't outbid the Redskins as if they had then Snead would have taken their deal.

There is no definitive proof of what the Browns offered, and it's actually thought that the original offer the Browns made wasn't as good as the 3 first rounders and a second rounder that Washington ultimately gave. The talk after that the Browns offered the same as Washington sounded to me (and many others) like the Browns trying to appease their fans.

Assuming the Browns did offer their two first rounders and a second rounder that year, and a first rounder the next year, but the Rams valued the two future first rounders from the Redskins more, then it is incorrect to say the Redskins didn't out bid the Browns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12