Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: Nick's "One Week Left" Two Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock Draft

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's "One Week Left" Two Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock Draft

ROUND ONE
    1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    -Still up in the air which tackle the Chiefs prefer, but it would be an upset if either Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher weren't the pick here. My projections are flopping back and forth between them; this time, it's Joeckel.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
    -All indications are that Dion Jordan would be a great fit as a pass rusher in the new Jacksonville defensive scheme, so unless the Jags decide that they can't pass on Geno Smith, Jordan makes quite a bit of sense here.

3. Oakland Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    -The Raiders have experienced a makeover on the defensive side of the ball, but their projected starting duo at defensive tackle (Pat Sims and Vance Walker) don't exactly inspire much confidence in me. Floyd steps in and becomes an impact player on that line.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    -With the heart concerns behind him, Star Lotulelei should once again be in Top 5-10 consideration, and word is that the Eagles really like him. Sure, it could be smoke, but he'd be a great fit in the 3-4 defense they're trying to move towards.

5. Detroit Lions: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    -A pass rusher or cornerback will get consideration, but this pick is a no brainer if Fisher is on the board, as he would step in as an instant replacement for Jeff Backus.

6. Cleveland Browns: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    -Dee Milliner would be a great fit for a Cleveland defense that has addressed its front seven with the addition of Desmond Bryant and Paul Kruger. Don't be surprised if a team wanting Lane Johnson makes a big offer to Cleveland, though.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    -There was a time when I thought Lane Johnson wouldn't make it past eleven; now, it looks like Lane Johnson might not even make it here. If he is, he'd be a great fit for an Arizona team needing an upgrade over Levi Brown.

8. Buffalo Bills: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    -With Jacksonville, Oakland, Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Arizona passing on the top quarterback in this class, Buffalo will pull the trigger and make Geno Smith the new face of their franchise.

9. New York Jets: Ezekiel Ansah, LB, BYU
    -An offensive weapon to help out Mark Sanchez could be an option here, but Ansah is a potential Top Five pick who, if available, would give the Jets the impact pass rusher they're looking for on defense.

10. Tennessee Titans: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    -The first guard comes off the board, and I project it will be Chance Warmack. He's a Top Five talent in this class, and even though the Titans added Andy Levitre, Warmack would be a huge upgrade over Rob Turner on the right side.

11. San Diego Chargers: Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU
    -The Chargers have missed out on the top four offensive lineman, and while Jonathan Cooper or D.J. Fluker may get some consideration here, I think they also see the need and value of a pass rusher like Mingo in this spot.

12. Miami Dolphins: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    -The Dolphins are a team that could look to trade up either for a top offensive tackle or a cornerback. But if they opt to stay here, there's a good chance they'll be able to snag the draft's second best corner in Xavier Rhodes.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    -Wide receiver doesn't seem like an immediate need position for Tampa, but this could be a make or break season for Josh Freeman. Adding Tavon Austin to an offense that already features Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, and Doug Martin removes all excuses for Freeman.

14. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    -The Panthers would have loved to see Tavon Austin make it to this pick, and they'll give Cordarrelle Patterson some thought. But they're more than happy to nab an interior lineman like Richardson to help pressure NFC South quarterbacks.

15. New Orleans Saints: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    -The Saints defense was awful last season; both Malcolm Jenkins and Roman Harper were two especially weak points. The Saints had Vaccaro in for a visit Wednesday; if he's available here, he very well could be their pick.

16. St. Louis Rams: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
    -The Rams had an official meeting with Fluker at the Combine and have brought him to Rams Park as well. If they've liked what they've seen, Fluker could compete right away either inside at left guard or with Rodger Saffold at right tackle.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
    -Jones was once considered a top prospect in this class, but a variety of things have worked against him, causing him to fall to the Steelers. I still think his best fit is as a pass rusher for a 3-4 team, so I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh selects him.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
    -UNC's Jonathan Cooper to the Cowboys is a match made in heaven, so much so that the Cowboys may be inclined to trade up to nab him. Cooper could start at any of the three interior positions for Dallas.

19. New York Giants: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    -Bjoern Werner has taken a tumble from once being a Top Five prospect in this class, and it's possible he won't be the first defensive lineman from Florida State taken. But I project him to the Giants here as an eventual replacement for Justin Tuck.

20. Chicago Bears: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    -Don't let the acquisitions of D.J. Williams and James Anderson fool you; the Bears still have a need at linebacker. Alec Ogletree should compete with Williams right away to start on the inside.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
    -I would not be surprised to see Watson work his way into the opening round of the draft despite being the fifth offensive tackle. Unless the Bengals manage to bring back Andre Smith, they're going to have a need at the position.

22. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS): Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    -The Rams missed out on Tavon Austin with their earlier pick, but they're able to nab arguably the draft's best receiver here in Patterson, who has been slipping a bit in recent weeks but offers an amazing package of athletic and playmaking ability.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    -It's entirely possible Sylvester Williams is off the board by this pick; there are plenty of teams in need of a defensive tackle in the Top 20. The Vikings are pleased to see Williams here, as they'll pair him with Kevin Williams on their line.

24. Indianapolis Colts: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    -The Colts have made a number of improvements on defense, but I don't know that Greg Toler is an adequate starting cornerback opposite of Vontae Davis. Desmond Trufant should compete immediately for that job.

25. Minnesota Vikings (f/SEA): Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    -The wait is over for Manti Te'o; he'll go to a Vikings team in need of some talent at the middle linebacker position, as they're currently poised to start Tyrone McKenzie (Who? Exactly.).

26. Green Bay Packers: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    -The Packers were close to parting ways with tight end Jermichael Finley this offseason, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them take Eifert here and groom him to be their full time starter for 2014.

27. Houston Texans: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    -The Texans could consider an inside linebacker, but they also need some help at wide receiver. Hunter has all the physical ability in the world, and could really refine his game learning from teammate Andre Johnson.

28. Denver Broncos: Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State
    -Carradine is a Top 10-15 talent in this class, but is available here because of injury. The Broncos are in need of defensive end help after inexplicably losing Elvis Dumervil in free agency.

29. New England Patriots: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
    -There seems to be a lot of buzz about the Patriots and Boise State's Jamar Taylor. Cornerback is certainly a need for the team, so don't be surprised to see Taylor come off the board at the end of round one.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    -Sean Weatherspoon is the only Falcons linebacker worth keeping in the starting line-up; Brown gives the Falcons an option either at the other outside spot or in the middle as Brown plays bigger than his listed size.

31. San Francisco *****: Eric Reid, S, LSU
    -The ***** would be foolish to count on Craig Dahl starting at safety as a replacement for Dashon Goldson; there should be some good value at the position here in the bottom of the first, so watch and see if they snag someone like Reid.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Keenan Allen, WR, California
    -The Ravens traded away Anquan Boldin as they didn't feel they could afford his contract; Allen runs a similar forty time and models his game after Boldin, so he'll fit right in on Baltimore's offense.

ROUND TWO
    33. Jacksonville Jaguars: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    -After passing on Geno Smith in the first round, the Jaguars could look for some competition for Blaine Gabbert here.

34. San Francisco ***** (f/KC): Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    -The ***** use the pick they acquired from Kansas City to add a beefy middle man to their defensive front.

35. Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
    -A quarterback is tempting, but former Oregon head coach Chip Kelly may consider bringing in a lineman he's familiar with.

36. Detroit Lions: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
    -The Lions addressed their offensive line in the first rather than taking Dee Milliner, and now they get their corner.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK): Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    -Alabama's Eddie Lacy isn't a compliment to BenJarvis Green Ellis; he's a replacement.

38. Arizona Cardinals: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
    -With their left tackle secured in the first round, the Cardinals grab a passer to groom behind Carson Palmer as their long-term signal caller.

39. New York Jets: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    -The Jets didn't get Mark Sanchez a weapon in the first round, but find a great one for him here in Hopkins.

40. Tennessee Titans: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
    -Defensive end will be a consideration early for the Titans; Jones is good value here in the second round.

41. Buffalo Bills: Damontre Moore, LB, Texas A&M
    -The Bills are going to need some pass rush help as they transition to the 3-4 defense; Moore was once a possibility a whole round earlier than this.

42. Miami Dolphins: Matt Elam, S, Florida
    -Miami continues to address their secondary, this time grabbing the physical Elam as an upgrade over Reshad Jones.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
    -Word is Greg Schiano isn't sold on Josh Freeman; he could have some pull in making tihs pick. If Freeman works out, Manuel would be great trade bait.

44. Carolina Panthers: Robert Woods, WR, USC
    -The Panthers will flirt with the idea of a first round receiver; if they don't pull the trigger on that pick, one here makes sense.

45. San Diego Chargers: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
    -San Diego gets their left tackle of the future, albeit one that will need some long term development.

46. St. Louis Rams: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
    -Cyprien's stock seems to be cooling as the draft draws closer, meaning he could be availabe for the safety-needy Rams here.

47. Dallas Cowboys: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    -Dallas continues to add help to their lines, this time a defensive tackle for their new 4-3 scheme.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    -Hankins could compete immediately for playing time if not starting duty at nose tackle.

49. New York Giants: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
    -The Giants get great value here in the second round with Minter, who will start immediately at middle linebacker.

50. Chicago Bears: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    -Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings are getting up there; Banks instantly improves the questionable depth behind them.

51. Washington Redskins: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    -Safety is a consideration, but Warford is the better value and Washington needs an upgrade over Lichtensteiger.

52. Minnesota Vikings: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    -If Quinton Patton is still on the board, he'd be a great choice for a Vikings team revamping their receiver unit.

53. Cincinnati Bengals: Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers
    -Cincinnati changes gears and goes defense, this time by taking the best outside linebacker on the board.

54. Miami Dolphins (f/IND): Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
    -Another pass rusher to feature opposite of Cameron Wake would be a welcomed addition for the Dolphins.

55. Green Bay Packers: Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
    -Jeff Saturday is gone, and he wasn't that good of a stop-gap in Green Bay to begin with.

56. Seattle Seahawks: Brian Winters, OG, Kent State
    -Winters is gaining some momentum as the draft draws closer, making him an option for Seattle as their right guard.

57. Houston Texans: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    -Another weapon for Houston, this time someone to groom behind often injured Owen Daniels.

58. Denver Broncos: Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
    -It's possible Franklin is long gone by this point; if he isn't, the Broncos could see him as their heir to McGahee.

59. New England Patriots: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    -Williams gives the Patriots a deep threat that they're looking for at the receiver position.

60. Atlanta Falcons: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
    -With Brent Grimes and Dunta Robinson gone, the Falcons could use a reload at cornerback.

61. San Francisco *****: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
    -The ***** could use some help at receiver, as Anquan Boldin and Mario Manningham are not long term options.

62. Baltimore Ravens: Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
    -Michael HUff was brought in to fill one safety spot; Thomas brings a hard hitting mentality to the other.

FULL RAMS DRAFT

R3. Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
    R4. Zaviar Gooden, LB, Missouri
    R5. Oday Aboushi, OL, Virginia
    R6. Nicholas Williams, DT, Samford
    R7. Ray Ray Armstrong, DB, Miami
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's "One Week Left" Two Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock Draft

Patterson, Cyprien, and Michael I LOVE. Armstrong is a good pick as well as Gooden. Don't like Aboushi and iffy on Fluker at 16.

THE DREAM TEAM

eric2810 is offline Registered User

To follow up on Sosa, Fluker at #16 isn't the headliner Rams nation would probably enjoy, but it's a solid pick nonetheless. I'm just hoping if a playmaking skill player falls at #16 for the Rams, it would be a better pick in adding talent in the long run. Guys like Austin, Vacarro, and Jones all bring a certain dynamic to the game an OT couldn't imitate. With that being said, Saffold was taken at the top of the second round and proved to fit the grade. Could Fluker become THAT much better than him? Adding offensive lineman in the middle rounds always seemed to suit Jeff Fisher. I guess if there wasn't too many doubts about whether Fluker could eventually become a LT than I wouldn't mind the pick at all.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Fluker at #16 isn't the headliner Rams nation would probably enjoy, but it's a solid pick nonetheless.
    Oh, I don't know. Getting the best pure RT in the draft sounds pretty good to me.
    TekeRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Getting the best pure RT in the draft sounds pretty good to me.
    Especially if we get some 2nd-3rd round compensation for Saffold from the Dolphins when Branden Albert falls through...
    I believe!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Patterson, Cyprien, and Michael I LOVE. Armstrong is a good pick as well as Gooden. Don't like Aboushi and iffy on Fluker at 16.
    I think Aboushi as a depth guy on the third day who maybe can be coached up is fine there; there was a time in this offseason when his name was featured in the second round of mocks.

As for Fluker, he's been connected as a possible choice for Arizona, San Diego, and Miami. While I don't think he goes Top Ten, I think taking him at 16 is a fine choice based on how the board looked at that point.

I wouldn't be very confident that he'd make it by the Giants, Bears, and Bengals to the Rams' other first round choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eric2810 View Post
    With that being said, Saffold was taken at the top of the second round and proved to fit the grade. Could Fluker become THAT much better than him?
    At right tackle? Absolutely. But it's a fair point to wonder if it's a position the Rams think they can address later. But they've met with Fluker quite a bit, which suggests some level of interest there.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Before i reply, i must mention one thing.

This is a very deep draft, and although i see mocks that i'm not high on, i find it rare to see a mock i don't like at all. The majority of mocks i can live with tbh. Yours i can live with.

I like the Cyprien, Michael and Gooden picks the most. The rest are ok to me, but i understand why you selected them and dont hate them and can live with them.

Fluker- Not sure i like drafting a RT this high with Saffold still in the mix as the starter. Now if we trade Saffold away, this is a pick id be fine with.
    Patterson- this pick i don't mind much, due to his talent and athletic ability, just prefer someone with more experience.
    Aboushi-Good depth, has he played guard? or has he only been used at tackle?
    Williams- depth on the line, nice choice
    Ray Ray- as a 7th round pick, no problem with it. He could become a huge stud in a year or two if he keeps straight and wants to learn. Has amazing size. Thought about him in my draft, so wouldnt mind taking the small risk of a 7th on him.

Overall i could live with this draft fine, though of course with personal preferences would want a few changes.