Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: Nick's Post-Combine NFL First Round Mock Draft

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's Post-Combine NFL First Round Mock Draft

It feels a bit early for me to do this, but since itís a foregone conclusion that the Rams are going to trade out of the #2 spot, I thought Iíd incorporate some trading. However, I did not get into the nitty-gritty of what the compensation would be for these deals. Suffice to say, the Rams get both of Clevelandís first rounders (and more than likely some other picks that arenít a factor in this first round mock), and the two other trades can be left to the imagination. Anyways, enjoy!

Projected Trades
    -Rams/Browns
    -Jaguars/Chiefs
    -Bengals/Cowboys

ROUND ONE
    1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    -Still a no brainer pick for a team that lucked (no pun intended) into the first pick the year their franchise QBís health is in question.

2. Cleveland Browns (f/STL): Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
    -Though Washington is said to be the frontrunner for a possible trade, Cleveland still looks like they have the best ammunition.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    -An obvious pick for the Vikings if heís on the board; Minnesota can certainly improve over Charlie Johnson at LT.

4. St. Louis Rams (f/CLE): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    -The Rams move down two spots, add additional picks, and still get one of the top players in this class who fills a big need for their team.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    -The pairing of Claiborne and the Buccaneers just makes too much sense to me.

6. Washington Redskins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    -Iím not a fan of Tannehill this high, but I felt the same way about Gabbert last year and look what happened.

7. Kansas City Chiefs (f/JAX): Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
    -The second trade in this mock has the Chiefs moving up to take Poe, who had an incredible workout for such a big man.

8. Miami Dolphins: Quinton Coples, DE/LB, North Carolina
    -The Dolphins are switching to a base 4-3 defensive scheme, which makes North Carolinaís Coples a very intriguing pick here.

9. Carolina Panthers: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
    -The Panthers were leapfrogged for Poe, but there are some other quality defensive tackles in this class that should pique their interest.

10. Buffalo Bills: Melvin Ingram, DE/LB, South Carolina
    -Ingram gives Buffalo someone who can play off the end of a four-man front but also stand up and do some damage as well.

11. Jacksonville Jaguars (f/KC): Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
    -Jacksonville moved down and still found themselves able to add a weapon in Floyd, something Blaine Gabbert definitely needs.

12. Seattle Seahawks: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
    -Kuechly had an outstanding workout in Indianapolis, which has caused him to rise up the board a bit and become an option for the LB-needy Seahawks.

13. Arizona Cardinals: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    -This would be a great value pick for the Cardinals, as Reiff was rarely projected to drop this far two weeks ago.

14. Cincinnati Bengals (f/DAL): Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    -With Richardson falling, the Bengals canít resist pulling the trigger on a trade up to grab him.

15. Philadelphia Eagles: Devon Still, DT, Penn State
    -Though the Eagles may have preferred another position, Still adds a talented presence on the interior of the Philadelphia line.

16. New York Jets: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
    -The Jets had their eyes on an offensive skill position player, but have no problem settling for Upshaw here.

17. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK): David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
    -The Bengals make out like bandits, trading only one of their first rounders for Richardson while grabbing DeCastro with the other.

18. San Diego Chargers: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    -Once a Top Ten prospect, Martin has slipped a bit as the offseason draws on. Thatís news to San Diegoís ears.

19. Chicago Bears: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
    -A wide receiver would have been nice, but finding a complimentary defensive end across from Julius Peppers isnít too shabby.

20. Tennessee Titans: Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
    -Glenn is by far the highest rated interior offensive lineman on my board, and would be a nice fit in Tennessee.

21. Dallas Cowboys (f/CIN): Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
    -The Cowboys orchestrated a trade down and still got the secondary help they were looking for in Jenkins.

22. St. Louis Rams (f/CLE): Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
    -With the second of Clevelandís picks, the Rams add some talent in the middle of their defense with Fletcher Cox.

23. Detroit Lions: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    -Kirkpatrick started the year in competition to be the top corner available in this class; Detroit is happy to have him with pick #23.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
    -This pick makes too much sense, especially in the wake of James Farriorís release.

25. Denver Broncos: Nick Perry, DE, USC
    -Perry would be a great choice for the Broncosí 4-3 defense, if he even lasts this long.

26. Houston Texans: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
    -The Texans have been in need of a legitimate receiver to start opposite of Andre Johnson for a while now.

27. New England Patriots (f/ NO): Mark Barron, S, Alabama
    -Barron is good value in the bottom part of the first round, and a welcome addition to a Patriots team in need of help in the secondary.

28. Green Bay Packers: Jerel Worthy, DL, Michigan State
    -Adding some talent to the defensive line is going to be an offseason priority for the Green Bay Packers.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
    -Bryant McKinnie could hang around another year, but Baltimore would be wise to plan for the future of the LT position.

30. San Francisco *****: Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
    -Look for Wright to improve on his forty time at his pro day and once again be in first round consideration.

31. New England Patriots: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    -Konz would be an immediate improvement over the likes of Dan Connolly and Ryan Wendell.

32. New York Giants: Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
    -With Mario Manningham expected to bolt in free agency, the Giants could take a shot on a physically gifted player like Hill.
    Curly Horns and ManofGod like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's Post-Combine NFL First Round Mock Draft

1. I had Tannehill going to the Redskins a while back too!
    2. I don't think Poe goes as high as #7, but anything can happen (remember Tyson Alualu?)
    3. Love the way our draft ends up. Blackmon is the premier WR of the draft and Fletcher Cox is in my opinion the 2nd best DT after Poe. I like Cox better in a 4-3 though. Even Warren Sapp said if he had to pick a guy that most resembles him it'd be Cox!
    4. I dont see the Giants passing up on an OLB like Zach Brown or a TE like Orson Charles (Beckum and Ballard tore ACL's in SB) for another WR.

I really like it though! Good work Nick.
    ManofGod likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Nice Mock Nick!! I had us taking Fletcher Cox on the contest on trade with our first pick in second round. I love him and love how he plays nose hard and lights out.
    What do you think the chances us landing DeCastro at # 22 are?

BarronWade is offline Registered User

-I love the Rams mock because i believe our 2 biggest weaknesses are #1 scoring offensively and #2 stopping the inside runs...Huge upgrade in both departments with Blackmon and Cox

-Like sosa thou i am also questioning the giants pick

-Bengals are the ultimate winners getting a top 5 talent at #14 then answering back with a perennial pro bowl inside lineman...watch out for there running game

-the chiefs will start Tyson Jackson, Poe, and glenn dorsey on their line; thats 3 top 10 picks they better produce.

-idk about the cowboys taking jenkins they went through the pacman saga.

-Kendle wright is over rated glad the ***** take him

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    1. I had Tannehill going to the Redskins a while back too!
    2. I don't think Poe goes as high as #7, but anything can happen (remember Tyson Alualu?)
    3. Love the way our draft ends up. Blackmon is the premier WR of the draft and Fletcher Cox is in my opinion the 2nd best DT after Poe. I like Cox better in a 4-3 though. Even Warren Sapp said if he had to pick a guy that most resembles him it'd be Cox!
    4. I dont see the Giants passing up on an OLB like Zach Brown or a TE like Orson Charles (Beckum and Ballard tore ACL's in SB) for another WR.

I really like it though! Good work Nick.
    1. Tannehill has been a popular pick for a Redskins team that misses out on RGIII, but I'm not a big fan of the value there. My other possible choice for Washington was Reiff from Iowa, but he has his value questions as well.

2. I question a guy with those kind of physical tools who can't make more of an impact in a weaker conference at the collegiate level, but I wouldn't be shocked if some team thinks they can get something great out of him. I think if Jacksonville could be a prime candidate to trade down, and I think there will be teams who are going to consider moving ahead of Carolina to get the top DT.

3. I agree, I was happy with the first round result for the Rams.

4. When researching the mock, I read a couple of Giant fan opinions that considered WR a possibility. If anything, my positional target was OL more than OLB or TE, but again the value wasnít great at that spot IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    What do you think the chances us landing DeCastro at # 22 are?
    Slim. He'd have to get by the Bengals twice, as well as other teams who have some interior OL needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    -idk about the cowboys taking jenkins they went through the pacman saga.
    True, though I think theyíd feel better about the pick if they could move down a bit and nab him, which they did in this projection.
    ZiaRam likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Slim. He'd have to get by the Bengals twice, as well as other teams who have some interior OL needs.

Ya I hear that... was hoping that wasn't the case but thinking it was just wishful thinking lol!