Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nick's Post Regular Season Top 20 Pick Projection

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Nick's Post Regular Season Top 20 Pick Projection

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I saw a couple guys project him going to us at 21(if Skins lose). I just like Hopkins skillset more than other receivers in this class. He's not a huge risk type like Patterson, Hunter but still has more upside than an Allen.
    I think one positive of this WR class is that there are probably a handful of prospects you could really make the case for as being the top guy, depending on your preferences and what you've watched on the field. I don't think you could really say that last year, when it was basically between two guys (Blackmon and Floyd). So there are favorable cases to be made for a number of guys.

On the other hand, the downside is that none of them really strike me as elite. I wouldn't be surprised if none of these receivers went in the top ten. Right now, I think the earliest one could come off the board is @ 12 to Miami, but it's early yet so we'll have to see. That very well may benefit the Rams, picking in the bottom half of the first round, if there is still a wide selection of receivers to choose from, though my own preference is for a free agent this time around.

citr92 is offline Registered User

i think there are a lot of underrated guys coming out, they may not stand out, but they may be better than people think

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think one positive of this WR class is that there are probably a handful of prospects you could really make the case for as being the top guy, depending on your preferences and what you've watched on the field. I don't think you could really say that last year, when it was basically between two guys (Blackmon and Floyd). So there are favorable cases to be made for a number of guys.

On the other hand, the downside is that none of them really strike me as elite. I wouldn't be surprised if none of these receivers went in the top ten. Right now, I think the earliest one could come off the board is @ 12 to Miami, but it's early yet so we'll have to see. That very well may benefit the Rams, picking in the bottom half of the first round, if there is still a wide selection of receivers to choose from, though my own preference is for a free agent this time around.
    honestly we seemed to have lucked out this year. This isn't a great draft by any means but it's deep in OL, WR, S and OLB. All positions of need.

I also would rather grab a FA WR but if not I'd be happy with one of Hopkins, Wheaton, Hunter, Allen, Williams or on.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I realize this is a very early projection. I'm not high on using our 1st pick in the draft on an OG. Just doesn't sit right with me knowing that we have other needs, LB, S, WR etc....

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I realize this is a very early projection. I'm not high on using our 1st pick in the draft on an OG. Just doesn't sit right with me knowing that we have other needs, LB, S, WR etc....
    It's not a sexy pick but it could end up helping the entire offense by helping Bradford stay on his feet and giving him time in the pocket without pressure up the middle. One pick and suddenly everyone starts looking a little bit better than they did last year.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Its time to stop trying to patch the o-line. Its been a problem since Pace left and we'll never know what we really have in Sam until he can play without constant pressure. That doesn't mean we need a OT/OG in the first round, but really...this has been a nagging problem for years.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    My feelings are similar to this. I also echo the sentiments of those who believe that tackle is a more pressing need than guard. However, I understand that Warmack has the looks of an elite guard and would be a huge asset to our O line.

I guess my question for you Nick would be regarding the depth of offensive tackles in this draft. Would there be any good options in the mid rounds that could possibly push Richardson for the starting job? Or is this draft more top heavy in terms of talent at that position?

ludairv is offline Registered User

i think with our coaching, we wont have to draft a lineman so high... thats JMO...i think the first two picks will be Def... i have a hunch.Dark horse would be a WR

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    I think the point is that, at pick 16, Warmack may be the BPA.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think the point is that, at pick 16, Warmack may be the BPA.
    BPA for another team sure lol

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by cfh128 View Post
    My feelings are similar to this. I also echo the sentiments of those who believe that tackle is a more pressing need than guard. However, I understand that Warmack has the looks of an elite guard and would be a huge asset to our O line.

I guess my question for you Nick would be regarding the depth of offensive tackles in this draft. Would there be any good options in the mid rounds that could possibly push Richardson for the starting job? Or is this draft more top heavy in terms of talent at that position?
    Richard will be a FA when this season is finish (he had a 1yr contract). We have Rok (who everyone must have TOTALLY forgotten about) coming back as the 2012 STARTING LG... Rt is more of a need on the line. FIsher even talked about Rok starting the season at G and got hurt so WHY draft a G in rd 1, when ur rookie STARTER gets hurt in week 1? Im not saying dont draft one... but not early. We have 2 guys who can start there and 1... Maybe none when the season ends at RT.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    I think you're overstating Rok. As a prospect, he's not in Warmack's league.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Richard will be a FA when this season is finish (he had a 1yr contract). We have Rok (who everyone must have TOTALLY forgotten about) coming back as the 2012 STARTING LG... Rt is more of a need on the line. FIsher even talked about Rok starting the season at G and got hurt so WHY draft a G in rd 1, when ur rookie STARTER gets hurt in week 1? Im not saying dont draft one... but not early. We have 2 guys who can start there and 1... Maybe none when the season ends at RT.
    Lets not compare a 5th round pick that has one game under his belt who had the possibility of starting on a banged up sub par o-line to one of the best guard prospects of the last decade. The left guard play this season was below average even when the line was healthy so there does need to be an upgrade there and having the next Steve Hutchinson would make a huge difference for this currently hard to watch offense for the next decade. We shouldn't be trying to get guys that can just be servicable players like Rok. We should be looking for guys can turn around this team and Warmack can be one of those guys.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Actually, Rob Turner was the starter at LG in the one game that Watkins played. So, I'm not sure that I'm ready to pass up a 1st round OG talent for a 5th round OG talent with exactly 1 game of NFL experience separating them.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12