Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nick's Post Senior Bowl Two-Round NFL Mock Draft

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's Post Senior Bowl Two-Round NFL Mock Draft

It's late and I'm too lazy to write out the justification for every pick, so if you'd like to know why a certain guy went in a certain place, respond and ask and I'll be happy to let you know. I think this draft turned out pretty well for the Rams, given the way the board fell. Enjoy!

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Geno Smith, QB, WVU
    2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    3. Oakland Raiders: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    4. Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    5. Detroit Lions: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    6. Cleveland Browns: Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
    7. Arizona Cardinals: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    8. Buffalo Bills: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    9. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU
    10. Tennessee Titans: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    11. San Diego Chargers: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    12. Miami Dolphins: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    14. Carolina Panthers: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    15. New Orleans Saints: Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
    16. St. Louis Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Florida State
    18. Dallas Cowboys: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
    19. New York Giants: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    20. Chicago Bears: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    21. Cincinnati Bengals: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    22. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS): D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
    23. Minnesota Vikings: Keenan Allen, WR, California
    24. Indianapolis Colts: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    25. Seattle Seahawks: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
    26. Green Bay Packers: Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
    27. Houston Texans: Tavon Austin, WR, WVU
    28. Denver Broncos: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    29. New England Patriots: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    30. Atlanta Falcons: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    31. Baltimore Ravens: Matt Elam, S, Florida
    32. San Francisco *****: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama

33. Jacksonville Jaguars: Johnathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    34. Kansas City Chiefs: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    35. Philadelphia Eagles: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
    36. Detroit Lions: Eric Reid, S, LSU
    37. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK): Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    38. Arizona Cardinals: Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
    39. New York Jets: Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
    40. Tennessee Titans: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    41. Buffalo Bills: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
    42. Miami Dolphins: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    44. Carolina Panthers: Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
    45. San Diego Chargers: Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee
    46. St. Louis Rams: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    47. Dallas Cowboys: Dantone Jones, DE, UCLA
    48. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kawann Short, DL, Purdue
    49. New York Giants: Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
    50. Chicago Bears: Justin Pugh, OL, Syracuse
    51. Washington Redskins: Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
    52. Minnesota Vikings: Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers
    53. Cincinnati Bengals: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    54. Miami Dolphins (f/IND): Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    55. Green Bay Packers: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
    56. Seattle Seahawks: Robert Woods, WR, USC
    57. Houston Texans: John Simon, LB, Ohio State
    58. Denver Broncos: Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    59. New England Patriots: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
    60. Atlanta Falcons: Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
    61. Baltimore Ravens: Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
    62. San Francisco *****: David Amerson, DB, NC State

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Nick's Post Senior Bowl Two-Round NFL Mock Draft

Wait, Nick, there must be some mistake. I thought every mock during or shortly after the senior bowl had to include everyone on the North and South rosters who had a reporter right something good about them?

Vacarro, Fluker, Warford. I'm still not convinced Fluker is good value there (as compared to other years), but with only Joeckel and Fisher ahead of him, this is the reality.

I love the Warford pick. He has a lot of technique to refine, and hopefully he takes to coaching because he won't be able to simply grizzly bear his way through NFL DTs like he did at Kentucky. But all in all, he should be an immediate starter.

Saffold, Warford, Wells, Dahl, Fluker..........I've seen a lot worse.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Wait, Nick, there must be some mistake. I thought every mock during or shortly after the senior bowl had to include everyone on the North and South rosters who had a reporter right something good about them?

Vacarro, Fluker, Warford. I'm still not convinced Fluker is good value there (as compared to other years), but with only Joeckel and Fisher ahead of him, this is the reality.

I love the Warford pick. He has a lot of technique to refine, and hopefully he takes to coaching because he won't be able to simply grizzly bear his way through NFL DTs like he did at Kentucky. But all in all, he should be an immediate starter.

okay, after re-reading my post, I didn't intend for it to sound negative. I actually would be quite happy with those picks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think its safe to say that if we took Warford in Rd. 2 with Terrance Williams still on the board, I'd be yelling at my TV pretty loudly.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I'd be pretty happy with this. After watching sufficient film on Vaccaro, he's climbed into my #1 spot. The guy can lay the damn wood! I'd like to see him in horns, so if we must take him at 16 to secure our weakest defensive spot, than so be it.

Fluker I'm not huge on. He's pretty big, has some serious trouble with pass rushers. I'd prefer to trade down here if it was possible, but for Mock Draft's sake we'll stick with it.

And I like the Warford pick as well. Guy is a massive power pig. 340 lbs of monster just running people over. SJ may just have to come back with the additions of Warford (340lbs) and Fluker (355lbs).

THE DREAM TEAM

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

The only real problem I have with this mock is the whiners picking 32.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If this is the way the draft shakes out, I'll be rather happy. One, I love all three picks. Two, the overall league went pretty light into the TE depth, meaning that we could probably have a good quality choice in the 3rd. Further, in case Jackson is not back, the RB depth, while not elite, still has some good prospects left coming up in the 3rd between Bell and Franklin.

Color me hoping that this is spot on!
    I believe!

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Any draft that has the Rams selecting Kenny Vaccaro will make me very happy.

Go Rams

Rambos is offline Registered User

If the FO went with this draft, I would be happy as they know best and they addressed the O line in a big way. As a fan I would rather take Terrance Williams in the second and find the guard later in third round or fourth round.

Geno Smith would be cool to see him go to the Eagles.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think its safe to say that if we took Warford in Rd. 2 with Terrance Williams still on the board, I'd be yelling at my TV pretty loudly.
    i'm seeing a lot of people notice that he either has cruddy balance or is afraid of contact, don't want a guy who is afraid to fight for yardage and just fall down

i don't think he's a bad receiver, but then again, the big 12 has some of the biggest swiss cheese defenses
    Last edited by citr92; -01-27-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    If the FO went with this draft, I would be happy as they know best and they addressed the O line in a big way. As a fan I would rather take Terrance Williams in the second and find the guard later in third round or fourth round.

i don't want to hammer on the guy so much...but i think geno smith is probably the most overrated possible number 1 pick, i've seen nothing that makes him a number one pick
    i know you're not saying he will but since ya brought him up...lol

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post

Go Rams
    posting a bit today lol

did vaccaro play in the senior bowl?
    i watched the first half and a bit of the second
    he appears to have been the one good player on that texas D

richtree is offline Registered User

By yelling , I think you mean breaking it, and then waking up from the nightmare that thinks Terrance Williams isn't a top 25 pick....

I don't even waste my time with these early mocks because half the media don't even look at the players, they just shuffle around the original mocks

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

Fluker's value varies depending on whom you talk to. If you're willing to draft a guy in the second half of the first round even though he doesn't have left tackle potential, then IMO he makes a lot of sense. How he does at the Combine will either confirm or cause some to reassess whether he belongs in the discussion in the 20s, but the fact that he showed up at the Senior Bowl as heavy as he did but looking fit for that weight was a big plus.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Warford over Terrance Williams was a tough choice, but the Senior Bowl week played into the decision, as I think Warford came out of this week with more momentum whereas Williams didn't help his cause. Both are kind of in that subset of guys who could sneak into the first or could drop to the late second, depending on how the board plays out and what teams need.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'd be pretty happy with this. After watching sufficient film on Vaccaro, he's climbed into my #1 spot. The guy can lay the damn wood! I'd like to see him in horns, so if we must take him at 16 to secure our weakest defensive spot, than so be it.
    I think Vaccaro is a pretty solid mid to late first round pick. I see some of the concerns that others bring up, and that's why I'm not sure if I agree with Russ Lande when he says everyone has Vaccaro in the Top 10. But coming off the board @ 16 seems pretty reasonable to me, and to be honest, if the Rams pass on him at 16 I wouldn't be shocked to see the Cowboys take him @ 18.

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    The only real problem I have with this mock is the whiners picking 32.
    Trust me, it wasn't an intention prediction of how I think the Super Bowl is going to go down. Just kind of happened as I was updating the order.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    If this is the way the draft shakes out, I'll be rather happy. One, I love all three picks. Two, the overall league went pretty light into the TE depth, meaning that we could probably have a good quality choice in the 3rd. Further, in case Jackson is not back, the RB depth, while not elite, still has some good prospects left coming up in the 3rd between Bell and Franklin.

Color me hoping that this is spot on!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post

Go Rams
    Glad to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

Williams over Warford in the second could be a possibility, but I think Warford is kind of surging right now whereas Williams has stagnated a bit. Given his talent and the Senior Bowl roster of receivers, there's no reason he shouldn't have been the top guy there. But few people are talking about him as one of the most impressive performers there.

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    i don't want to hammer on the guy so much...but i think geno smith is probably the most overrated possible number 1 pick, i've seen nothing that makes him a number one pick
    i know you're not saying he will but since ya brought him up...lol
    I think it's important to remember that the guy was operating at a higher efficiency through the first five games of the season than RGIII was last year. For a variety of reasons that I could go on and on about, the wheels kind of fell off the wagon. But Geno has all the tools to be a successful quarterback, and in a weak QB class, that could be enough to propel him up near or at the top.

Remember, teams will overdraft quarterbacks if they need them, even if they've talked up the BPA approach. Look at Jacksonville and Gabbert last year. I still think Joeckel is a very big possibility for the Chiefs, but so is a quarterback if, during the offseason process, they can look sharp and do all the right things.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I don't even waste my time with these early mocks because half the media don't even look at the players, they just shuffle around the original mocks
    Well, thanks for the great feedback on my mock!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Nick,

I have a couple of comments concerning your mock.

1.) At this point I just can't get into Kenny Vaccaro as a first round pick. He only had 5 picks in his 4 year college career so it safe to say that ball hawk he ain't. I realize he is a good in-the-box type of safety but there are a lot of those in this draft and if that is what we want we could get one in a lower round.

I realize that I am probably in the minority but I don't see all the love for Kenny. Heck, I can't see how he is much better than Reid, Thomas, Swearingen, Jefferson, McDonald, and Rambo; none of whom are projected to the first round.

2.) I don't have a problem with Fluker or Warford. I just do not see the Rams going back to back offensive linemen in the first two rounds. Gotta believe Fish will looking hard for a play maker at at least one of those spots.

P.S. I do remain open to becoming more of a Vaccaro fan, I just need something to "wow" me if that is possible.

WHAT SAY YE?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast