Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nick's Post-Trade First Round Mock Draft

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Nick's Post-Trade First Round Mock Draft

Well, the trade is in! How are things going to shape up for the Rams and the rest of the NFL? Here's one (albeit optimistic) look at a potential first round scenario.

ROUND ONE
    1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
    -This selection has been locked since the Colts secured the top pick; Andrew Luck is the premiere player in this draft class.

2. Washington Redskins (f/STL): Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor
    -Thereís little mystery as to why the Redskins opted to move up tonight. Amidst rumors that theyíre out of the Peyton sweepstakes, Washington had to make a move.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil, OT, USC
    -Another pick that just makes too much sense. Christian Ponder is going to appreciate an upgrade over Charlie Johnson at left tackle.

4. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    -Clevelandís going to have to determine if Richardson is truly worth drafting this high. If they believe heís an Adrian Peterson type prospect, they could pull the trigger.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
    -Ronde Barber could become a 37-year-old free agent, and Aqib Talib is one off the field incident away from unemployment.

6. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    -Blackmonís pro day workout helped cement his status as the top receiver in this class; his availability here to the Rams will hinge on what Cleveland and Tampa do.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina
    -Jacksonville has had trouble at the defensive end position for years now. While they may prefer help for their young quarterback, Coples makes a lot of sense here.

8. Miami Dolphins: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa
    -I expect Miami to sign Peyton Manning in free agency, so their first draft priority will be to improve his protection by drafting Reiff to play right tackle.

9. Carolina Panthers: Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis
    -Dontari Poe had an electrifying combine workout, and his high ceiling could help make him the first defensive tackle off the board.

10. Buffalo Bills: Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina
    -Dave Wannstedt is going to bring some 4-3 looks to the Buffalo Bills this year as their new defensive coordinator, which means theyíll need someone to rush off the edge.

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College
    -I donít know if Tannehill is tempting enough for the Chiefs here; instead, I have them beefing up the inside of their defense with this yearís top linebacker.

12. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    -The quarterback situation in Seattle is so dreadful that they may try to trade up for Tannehill; itís hard to imagine theyíll pass if heís available here.

13. Arizona Cardinals: Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
    -I wouldnít be shocked if the other Stanford lineman (DeCastro) ended up going first, but Arizona is desperate for a true blind-side tackle.

14. Dallas Cowboys: Mark Barron, S, Alabama
    -Possibly a bit high for Barron but Jenkinsí stock is down and Kirkpatrick probably isnít great value either. The Cowboys have needed safety help for a long time.

15. Philadelphia Eagles: Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
    -I think the Eagles will be very tempted to go with Floyd here, but in the end Andy Reid likes to spend first round picks on his lines.

16. New York Jets: Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama
    -Michael Floyd would be tempting here, but the Jets need some youth to help revitalize their pass rush. Upshaw should get the job done.

17. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK): David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
    -Getting a Top Ten talent with the 17th overall pick would be a dream scenario for a Bengals team in need of some interior OL help.

18. San Diego Chargers: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
    -Poised to finally lose stud receiver Vincent Jackson, the Chargers need to have a contingency plan for their offense. Floyd would be a good fit.

19. Chicago Bears: Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois
    -Irritated that they missed out on Floyd by one pick, the Bears turn to their defensive needs and draft Mercilus in order to pair him with Julius Peppers.

20. Tennessee Titans: Cordy Glenn, OL, Georgia
    -Still donít like the value of Konz here, but I think the Titans will look at their interior with a versatile player in Glenn.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
    -Losing Jonathan Joseph was a big blow to the Cincinnati secondary, so Kirkpatrick could be looked upon as a more long-term replacement than Nate Clements has been.

22. Cleveland Browns (f/ ATL): Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor
    -I see Cleveland pursuing Matt Flynn in free agency, and after drafting him a workhorse running back, theyíll try to add a receiving weapon with this selection.

23. Detroit Lions: Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina
    -Word is Gilmore is rising up draft boards, and while itís impossible to know if thatís true, he does make sense for a Lions team in need of CB help.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
    -Hightower would be a great fit for a Pittsburgh team that just parted ways with a long-time leader at the inside linebacker position.

25. Denver Broncos: Michael Brockers, DT, LSU
    -The range on these defensive tackle prospects is up in the air; Brockers could be off the board in the Top 15, so Denver should pounce here.

26. Houston Texans: Nick Perry, LB, USC
    -Mario Williams is expected to hit the free agent market, so look for the Texans to give some consideration to a replacement outside linebacker.

27. New England Patriots (f/ NO): Devon Still, DL, Penn State
    -The Patriots like using multiple fronts, so Still could be an option as a 4-3 interior lineman who could shift to the five technique when necessary.

28. Green Bay Packers: Kendall Reyes, DE, Connecticut
    -Defensive end is a need for the Packers, as former second round pick Mike Neal canít stay healthy and Ryan Pickett is getting up there.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
    -Konz could sneak into the bottom part of the first round if a team like Baltimore feels their need at center is too great to ignore.

30. San Francisco *****: Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
    -I had Hill going here last time around, but I think Randle is an equally enticing option who, unlike Hill, could probably step into the starting line-up and contribute immediately.

31. New England Patriots: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
    -Could the Patriots be the team that gives Janoris Jenkins a chance in the NFL? Bill Belichick isnít afraid to take on some tough cases.

32. New York Giants: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
    -A bit of a slip for a guy thought to be among the Top 20 prospects at one point, but New York is more than happy at that turn of events.

Top Prospects For Round Two
    -David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech
    -Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
    -Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State
    -Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
    -Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
    -Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina
    -Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson

thoey is offline Registered User
    Please, please, please....
    This space for rent...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Re: Nick's Post-Trade First Round Mock Draft

If the Browns take Blackmon, and the Bucs Claiborne, then what? Dontari Poe? Trade down again with someone wanting Richardson and get Floyd or Kirkpatrick?

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    If the Browns take Blackmon, and the Bucs Claiborne, then what? Dontari Poe? Trade down again with someone wanting Richardson and get Floyd or Kirkpatrick?
    I agree. I don't see TRichardson going to Browns. The Browns will take Blackmon.
    I agree trade down again no more than 5 spots. Take one of these players in this order.
    1.WR Michael Floyd
    2.DT Fletcher Cox
    3.DT Dontari Poe
    4.OT Jonathon Martin
    5.RB TRichardson

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Personally I wouldn't mind drafting Dontari Poe at 6 if Blackmon isn't there.

The guy screams Haloti Ngata to me. And Jeff Fisher knows the importance of having a dominant DT.

Perhaps our FO saw the plethora of top tier FA WR and decided Blackmon wouldn't be a necessity...

general counsel is offline Registered User

I believe the front office would love to have blackmon. The offer from washington was way too good to pass up regardless of how good blackmon looks.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

If we could still get Blackmon at #6, i think my head would explode.

If we lose out on Blackmon, I say we trade down.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shan
    I agree. I don't see TRichardson going to Browns.
    Really?

I'd see TRich as a very viable option for the Browns. Hillis is most likely gone, which leaves only Hardesty and former Ram Ogbanyana. Unless the Browns pick up a top notch free agent, I'd say Richardson has a good shot at being a Brown.
    mde8352gorams likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    If the Rams stay put, Richardson probably represents the best value. I'm not big on taking Poe in the top six.

If the Rams look for another trade down, it may be tough to find a partner. You'd have to hope someone covets Tannehill, Richardson, Poe, but who really does enough to move up to six? Could be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    The guy screams Haloti Ngata to me.
    I don't know that I see that one. Ngata came out as a consensus All American from Oregon, whereas Poe's accomplishment in 2011 was Second Team All-Conference USA honors. Ngata was regarded as a monster on the field, Poe is questioned for underachieving when considering his physical attributes. I see some pretty concerning red flags when it comes to Poe.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Really?

I'd see TRich as a very viable option for the Browns. Hillis is most likely gone, which leaves only Hardesty and former Ram Ogbanyana. Unless the Browns pick up a top notch free agent, I'd say Richardson has a good shot at being a Brown.
    Agreed. I think Richardson is very much in the mix for the fourth and fifth pick; it's just going to depend on how teams value him and his position when compared to other prospects.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I've actually read on twitter that the Rams staff isn't very high on Blackmon. So regardless if he's sitting there or not at #6, I'm not sure we'll take him.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If Blackmon is there at six that would be sweet, if not trade back and take Michael Brockers late in the first and get another pick. I would like to see Konz slip to us in rd two... you would think after yesterday I would not be so greedy, but I can't help myself we are on a roll...

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I've actually read on twitter that the Rams staff isn't very high on Blackmon. So regardless if he's sitting there or not at #6, I'm not sure we'll take him.
    Did the Rams interview him at the Combine? YES!
    Were they at his pro day? YES!

So obviously they are interested; and since twitter is such a great source im sure they give an explanation of why the rams are not high on Blackmon Right?

Nick you did a great job a value picks in the draft as always...which is why I am upset sitting with pick #33 i want a player that for some reason dropped out of the top 20...last year it was bowers, aaron williams, and akeem ayers....

Is there anyway possible peter konz or Cordy Glenn drop out of the 1st?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Did the Rams interview him at the Combine? YES!
    Were they at his pro day? YES!

So obviously they are interested; and since twitter is such a great source im sure they give an explanation of why the rams are not high on Blackmon Right?

Nick you did a great job a value picks in the draft as always...which is why I am upset sitting with pick #33 i want a player that for some reason dropped out of the top 20...last year it was bowers, aaron williams, and akeem ayers....

Is there anyway possible peter konz or Cordy Glenn drop out of the 1st?
    Where did I say they are not interested? Care to bold that part for me? I said "THEIR NOT VERY HIGH ON BLACKMON".

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

I think Brockers size and potential will push him higher in the draft. Odds are he could be taken before Poe. Poe had the workout but if it isn't backed up on tape I think teams will back off a little.

As for Blackmon... I think after missing out on RG3 the Browns have probably put themselves in a position where they have to take him at #4. They are on record stating that Colt could be the guy with better weapons. Now they'll have to prove it.

Edit: I do see you have the Browns taking a WR at 22 but I still feel the Browns would be compelled to get Colt the BEST weapons in the draft and Blackmon is it.
    Last edited by DE_Ramfan; -03-10-2012 at 01:24 PM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    If we could still get Blackmon at #6, i think my head would explode.

If we lose out on Blackmon, I say we trade down.
    I think their is still a big possibility Blackmon falls to six Tampa Ram.? What I do like about our trade with the Skins, is the fact the Rams will still be getting a shot at one of the big four, on draft day.?
    What ever happens on draft day, Im certain the Rams will get a good player at six. Who knows, it could still very well be Blackmon.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast