Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nick's Post-Underclassmen First Round Mock Draft

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's Post-Underclassmen First Round Mock Draft

I just hope they can finally solidify the OL during this offseason. To me, it is the number 1 priority.
    Nick likes this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Since most people here are probably more interested in a Rams only mock, here is one of many scenarios for how the rest of this draft could shape up...

1.16: Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
    -Versatile hybrid defender who can line up all over the field in multiple packages.

1.22: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North carolina
    -Smooth interior lineman who displays great balance and ability to get to the second level.

2.46: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    -Like Janoris Jenkins a year ago, the Rams may take a risk on a player with off the field baggage but loads of talent.

3.78: T.J. McDonald, S, USC
    -A well rounded safety with great size and excellent NFL bloodlines.

4.110: Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    -Wagner boasts a powerful upper body and could be a solid starter on the right side when coached up.

5.142: Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
    -Productive goalline 'back who could be a nice part of a RB rotation.

6.174: Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
    -Hasn't lived up to his physical ability but worth a late round flier due to the tools.

7.206: Gilbert Pena, DT, Mississippi
    -Big nose guard who is surprisingly well conditioned and quick on his feet.
    as a trojan fan that's watched mcdonald play...i don't think that'd be a good idea, he ended up being a not as big or fast taylor mays that wanted the big hit, not the int, even though he showed he could get it when he wanted it

this year especially, he has taken some BAD angles and would completely miss someone, sound familiar?

i think he could be great with the right secondary coaches to get him to take better angles and be the ball hawk that he could potentially be, hate to say it but i'd rather go with someone more proven than mcdonald

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Since most people here are probably more interested in a Rams only mock, here is one of many scenarios for how the rest of this draft could shape up...

1.16: Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
    -Versatile hybrid defender who can line up all over the field in multiple packages.

1.22: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North carolina
    -Smooth interior lineman who displays great balance and ability to get to the second level.

2.46: Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
    -Like Janoris Jenkins a year ago, the Rams may take a risk on a player with off the field baggage but loads of talent.

3.78: T.J. McDonald, S, USC
    -A well rounded safety with great size and excellent NFL bloodlines.

4.110: Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    -Wagner boasts a powerful upper body and could be a solid starter on the right side when coached up.

5.142: Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
    -Productive goalline 'back who could be a nice part of a RB rotation.

6.174: Brandon McGee, CB, Miami
    -Hasn't lived up to his physical ability but worth a late round flier due to the tools.

7.206: Gilbert Pena, DT, Mississippi
    -Big nose guard who is surprisingly well conditioned and quick on his feet.
    I like the Jordan pick, he can be a tweener and a pass rushing terror. I would be very excited to see how Fisher uses him. Cooper im so-so on, but I don't think he'd be a terrible pick. I'd rather some other players, but I think it could work.

Rogers really intrigues me. I wrote a thread on him a while back. He definitely has first round talent. Had he not gotten in trouble and transferred, I'd bet he'd be in the conversation for the #1 WR in the draft right now. Big and physical, he sort of reminds me of Dez Bryant or Justin Blackmon, except I think he has better hands and is a bit faster.

McDonald I don't like. I could name about 10 other safeties I'd have over him. I really like the Michael and McGee picks though. Michael impressed all week at the E-W practices, and looked good in the game. He has nice burst, and hes great at jump cuts and changing direction, reminds me a bit of Frank Gore. I think he could be a #1 RB in the league.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123