Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's Pre-Combine 2010 First Round & Full Rams Mock Draft

I like the draft. Getting Gresham would add a completely different dynamic to this team that the Rams really havent had before. If they do plan to draft a guy like Tony Pike to be the QB of the future, giving him a good young talented TE to throw to during his Rams career is a good idea, similar to what the Lions did with Stafford and Pettigrew.

This would be the second draft in a row that the Rams pick up the top ranked guy at their position with their second round pick, which would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    No way Pike gets out of the 2nd. We will take him round 2 if he is there, not to metion 6 of the next 12 teams after us need a QB.

I have to say that taking Tony Pike one pick after the first round is probably a massive reach. If the Rams do want Pike, and do want to draft him with a second rounder, they will trade for a different pick. I doubt we would use the number 33 on him.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

great job once again Nick, the one thing that stuck out for me was the Seahawks having 2 #1 picks and if your projections pan out with Bradford and Spiller that is going to make them much better and could be the team to beat in the NFC west,maybe not this season but 2-3 years down the road.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I like the draft. Getting Gresham would add a completely different dynamic to this team that the Rams really havent had before. If they do plan to draft a guy like Tony Pike to be the QB of the future, giving him a good young talented TE to throw to during his Rams career is a good idea, similar to what the Lions did with Stafford and Pettigrew.

This would be the second draft in a row that the Rams pick up the top ranked guy at their position with their second round pick, which would be great.
    Third year in a row if you count Donnie Avery, the first receiver taken in the 2008 draft.

richtree is offline Registered User

I have to say that taking Tony Pike one pick after the first round is probably a massive reach. If the Rams do want Pike, and do want to draft him with a second rounder, they will trade for a different pick. I doubt we would use the number 33 on him.

I really don't understand this. What is the huge disparity between Bradford and Pike ?
    Just because ESPN told you so ?

Pike could conceivably be the best QB in the draft. He has a tall body with more room to fill out. He has a good, arm and is accurate. I don't see what clearly makes an injured Bradford so much better than Pike.

I rather have Okung and Pike, or Suh/McCoy/Pike
    over Bradford and any other round 2 pick.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I really don't understand this. What is the huge disparity between Bradford and Pike ?
    Just because ESPN told you so ?

Pike could conceivably be the best QB in the draft. He has a tall body with more room to fill out. He has a good, arm and is accurate. I don't see what clearly makes an injured Bradford so much better than Pike.

I rather have Okung and Pike, or Suh/McCoy/Pike
    over Bradford and any other round 2 pick.
    yeah he could be the best QB in the draft, but pretty much everyone ive seen has him ranked at least fourth out of the QBs, if not further back. Im not talking about Pike being a bad player, but its a quaestion of value at that spot, and at the moment Pike doesnt give good value at the number 33 spot

richtree is offline Registered User

yeah he could be the best QB in the draft, but pretty much everyone ive seen has him ranked at least fourth out of the QBs, if not further back. Im not talking about Pike being a bad player, but its a quaestion of value at that spot, and at the moment Pike doesnt give good value at the number 33 spot

I think after he throws at the combine and interviews you will see his "Value" change.

IF he shows he arm is strong enough he may even crack round 1.

Okung is gonna be a top 4 pick too. This guy is better than Jason Smith and OT is hard to find watch come next week some people will have Okung going pick 1, 2, or 3 even if someone needs to trade up there.

msha is offline Registered User

The Raiders might go with OT Bruce Campbell who ran a 4.85 40 at the combine which is 4th fastest ever by an offensive lineman Al Davis might outdo Heyward-Bey this year. Overall, a good mock that I would be happyy with.

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

Even before the combine I was higher on Clay Harbor than Gresham. Gresham is the prototype of what you want a tight end to LOOK LIKE, but he never could live up to hype. Harbor beasted at the combine and is a local boy. Bring him in. AND we won't be spending a 2nd round pick, giving the team an opportunity to fill some other much-needed spot. Harbor could turn out to be nothing but a workout warrior, but I still have more doubts about Gresham than almost anyone expected to go in the top two rounds of the draft.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12