Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nick's Pre-Combine Two Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's Pre-Combine Two Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock

ROUND ONE
    1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    -Branden Albert's status may make a difference here; if he isn't resigned, Joeckel should be the pick.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    -The Jaguars need to improve their pass rush; Moore could show off his athleticism and separate at the Combine.

3. Oakland Raiders: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    -Richard Seymour and Desmond Bryant are free agents; Star could replace them or take Tommy Kelly's place beside them.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    -Quarterback could be tempting, but the Eagles need to shore up their talent at cornerback.

5. Detroit Lions: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    -Even if Cliff Avril is retained, a replacement for Kyle Vanden Bosch is needed.

6. Cleveland Browns: Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
    -The Browns are switching back to a 3-4 defense, which makes an outside linebacker like Jones very enticing.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    -Fisher worked his way to a Top Ten selection with a great Senior Bowl; the Cardinals finally get their franchise tackle.

8. Buffalo Bills: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    -The Bills are determined to find a franchise quarterback this offseason, and would be pleased to get this class' best here.

9. New York Jets: Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
    -Additional weapons are needed in New York, but so are pass rushers. Jordan's athleticism should shine at the Combine.

10. Tennessee Titans: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    -Sheldon Richardson would be a great fit on a Titans defensive line that is underwhelming on the inside.

11. San Diego Chargers: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    -Johnson also elevated his stock with a good showing at the Senior Bowl; expect a team like San Diego to look long and hard.

12. Miami Dolphins: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    -Starting FS Chris Clemons is a free agent; Vaccaro could step right in and fill that hole.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    -Ansah could become a dangerous pass rusher in Tampa, and with Michael Bennett possibly leaving, they have a need at the position.

14. Carolina Panthers: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    -A DT would have been preferable; instead, the Panthers decide to get Cam Newton another weapon.

15. New Orleans Saints: Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU
    -With the Saints switching to a 3-4 defense, they'll need a capable outside linebacker to apply pressure.

16. St. Louis Rams: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    -The Rams have a massive hole at left guard, one that Warmack could fill immediately.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Keenan Allen, WR, California
    -With Mike Wallace on the way out, the Steelers may be in the market for a new top receiver.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    -Switching to a 4-3 front defensively, the Cowboys need to find that penetrating three-technique tackle.

19. New York Giants: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    -Alec Ogletree helps the Giants get both younger and better at the linebacker position.

20. Chicago Bears: D.J. Fluker, OL, Alabama
    -Chicago has holes across the offensive line; Fluker could stay at right tackle or shift inside.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    -Defensive end is a priority need for the Bengals, with Michael Johnson and Robert Geathers scheduled for free agency.

22. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS): Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    -Deciding not to settle for the third best receiver, the Rams add a different weapon in Ertz.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    -Kevin Williams would benefit from having a talent like Hankins lining up beside him.

24. Indianapolis Colts: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
    -Andrew Luck needs better protection; if Cooper is still on the board, he'd be a great pick for the Colts.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
    -Chris Clemons is sidelined with injury and questionable for camp; finding pass rush help should be a priority.

26. Green Bay Packers: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    -Ryan Pickett's days in Green Bay may be numbered; Williams could slowly grow into replacing him.

27. Houston Texans: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
    -An upgrade at inside linebacker to play beside Brian Cushing is a priority for the Texans this offseason.

28. Denver Broncos: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    -The Broncos need an upgrade at defensive tackle, and Williams is emerging as a potential first round selection at the position.

29. New England Patriots: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    -Austin is an electric player who could help the Patriots move on from Wes Welker if they so choose.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    -John Abraham isn't getting any younger, and the Falcons don't have much opposite him at left defensive end.

31. San Francisco *****: Xavier Rhodes, DB, Florida State
    -The *****' secondary was embarrassed in the Super Bowl; Rhodes gives them some options in the defensive backfield.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    -Te'o would make a lot of sense for a Ravens team looking for someone to replace Ray Lewis.

ROUND TWO
    33. Jacksonville Jaguars: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    -The Jags are supportive of Blaine Gabbert, but may not be able to pass up on Barkley here.

34. Kansas City Chiefs: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    -Besides Brandon Flowers, there isn't much to speak of at cornerback for the Chiefs.

35. Philadelphia Eagles: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
    -Jenkins fills the hole at nose tackle in the Eagles' new 3-4 defense.

36. Detroit Lions: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    -After missing out on Milliner in the first round, the Lions grab Banks here.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK): Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    -The Bengals are thrilled to see Lacy here for them in round two, as he'll contribute to their backfield immediately.

38. Arizona Cardinals: Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
    -The strong armed Glennon should compete right away for playing time in Arizona.

39. New York Jets: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    -A receiver is tempting, but the Jets also need to replace Dustin Keller.

40. Tennessee Titans: Matt Elam, S, Florida
    -The Titans are in need of better play from the safety position, and could look for an upgrade here.

41. Buffalo Bills: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    -Getting a legitimate weapon to take pressure off of Stevie Johnson would be a nice decision.

42. Miami Dolphins: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    -The Dolphins figure to go hard after receivers in free agency, but may also consider Williams here.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Logan Ryan, CB, Rutgers
    -After missing on a first round corner, the Buccaneers take the best one on the board.

44. Carolina Panthers: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    -The Panthers are in need of defensive tackle help, and hope they can get Short to play up to his potential.

45. San Diego Chargers: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    -After taking a tackle in Round One, the Chargers may still consider a guard if Louis Vasquez leaves in free agency.

46. St. Louis Rams: Eric Reid, S, LSU
    -Reid gives the Rams a capable starter to help Quintin Mikell out in the defensive backfield.

47. Dallas Cowboys: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
    -If Romo's contract talks don't go well, the Cowboys may opt to protect themselves.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
    -Bernard adds some young talent to a Pittsburgh backfield in need of an infusion.

49. New York Giants: Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
    -The Giants have holes along the OL, and Jones has the versatility to fill them.

50. Chicago Bears: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    -Three Bears linebackers are facing free agency, and Lance Briggs probably doesn't have much longer himself.

51. Washington Redskins: Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
    -Long could be the answer the Redskins are looking for at right tackle.

52. Minnesota Vikings: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    -The Vikings get a potential first round talent here in Hunter, so long as he's healthy.

53. Cincinnati Bengals: Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU
    -The Bengals go back to addressing their defense by taking an impressive small schooler.

54. Miami Dolphins (f/IND): Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
    -If Jake Long hits free agency, the Dolphins are going to need some help at the position.

55. Green Bay Packers: Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
    -Frederick should step in right away and compete with Dietrich-Smith to start,

56. Seattle Seahawks: Robert Woods, WR, USC
    -Pete Carroll calls on his USC connection to add another playmaker on offense.

57. Houston Texans: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    -The Texans are looking for a legit #2 to play opposite of Andre Johnson.

58. Denver Broncos: Dallas Thomas, OL, Tennessee
    -Thomas makes sense as a possible eventual replacement for Chris Kuper once he's shown the door.

59. New England Patriots: Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
    -Immense talent that could thrive under the Patriots coaching staff.

60. Atlanta Falcons: Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
    -If Atlanta doesn't go tight end in Round 1, the Falcons could look at Kelce as the replacement for Tony Gonzalez.

61. San Francisco *****: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State
    -Nose guard Isaac Sopoaga is scheduled for free agency; Williams could be his replacement.

62. Baltimore Ravens: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
    -If salary cap issues force the Ravens to part ways with Boldin and/or Jones, more talent at receiver will be needed.

RAMS MOCK DRAFT

Round Three: Sean Porter, LB, Texas A&M
    -Replacing Von Miller in the "joker" role, Porter is an athletic jack of all trades at the linebacker position.

Round Four: Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida
    -Gillislee earned First Team All-SEC honors as a senior and could be an effective part of a Rams running back rotation.

Round Five: Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    -Wagner was once considered a top prospect in this class, but has fallen somewhat out of favor. Still, he should be a capable mid-round pick to man the right side.

Round Six: Cory Grissom, DT, South Florida
    -Disruptive defender who could provide good depth along the defensive line.

Round Seven: Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State
    -Wilson's time at WSU ended in a controversial manner, but if he interviews well and is still available here, he could be worth the risk.
    MauiRam and ManofGod like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's Pre-Combine Two Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock

The mock draft is pretty good. There is a few things I'd change, but all in all its good. As for the Rams draft, I'd be pissed. I'd rather have Swearinger over Reid in that spot, as well as Cyprien. I wouldn't touch Reid. Very overrated name player. Sean Porter will be a circle trying to be forced into a square hole. Awkward fit, though he may be able to make it work. I like Gillislee, mocked him to us before.

THE DREAM TEAM

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    As for the Rams draft, I'd be pissed. I'd rather have Swearinger over Reid in that spot, as well as Cyprien. I wouldn't touch Reid. Very overrated name player.
    Reid was overrated when he was part of the discussion in the mid first round a couple of months ago, but I think it's difficult to make a strong argument for him still being overrated as a mid second rounder. That said, I like Cyprien as well and would have no problem with him in that spot.

It'll be interesting to see the horse race between these three at the Combine as they compete to be the second safety drafted. Could be any of the three at this point, IMO.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Wow good job, way better than some of the jokers who work at Bleacher Report lol. A Warmack/Ertz first round is my draft dream scenario, I'd be ecstatic if it were to come true. I'm not totally in love with the Eric Reid (I'd much rather have Cyprien or the kid from Fresno State), but I do like all the picks from Round 3 on

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

Not bad Nick. They only thing I would point out is that Kansas City has to take a QB in either round 1 or 2. They are in bad shape at QB position. They almost have to take a QB in the first if nothing else to re-energize the fan base a little, even if they have to reach a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by KCRamFan View Post
    Not bad Nick. They only thing I would point out is that Kansas City has to take a QB in either round 1 or 2. They are in bad shape at QB position. They almost have to take a QB in the first if nothing else to re-energize the fan base a little, even if they have to reach a bit.
    Yep, they'll be looking for one. I'm waiting to see what happens with Albert before having KC bypass the value at OT for the need of QB in the first. I would have had them take Barkley in the second had Jacksonville not done so right before them.

Had I extended this mock to three rounds, Kansas City likely would have taken either Nassib or Manuel at the top of the third.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Not bad Nick, I could live with this. Reid is still a good Safety that has fallen but was once a first round prospect. Not my ideal draft but if it happened this way i wouldnt have any complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    Wow good job, way better than some of the jokers who work at Bleacher Report lol. A Warmack/Ertz first round is my draft dream scenario, I'd be ecstatic if it were to come true. I'm not totally in love with the Eric Reid (I'd much rather have Cyprien or the kid from Fresno State), but I do like all the picks from Round 3 on
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Not bad Nick, I could live with this. Reid is still a good Safety that has fallen but was once a first round prospect. Not my ideal draft but if it happened this way i wouldnt have any complaints.
    Thanks!

I think it's easy to get down on Reid because we've seen so much of him as part of a big SEC powerhouse known for their top DB play and featured nationally on television so much. He certainly had his struggles in 2012, but I think in the second round, with Vaccaro and Elam off the board, he's good value. He's a very well-rounded prospect IMO, and could really be something special with the right coaching to fix some of his inconsistencies. I'm not yet ready to drop Reid below the #3 spot in my safety rankings, but I think he needs to show up at the Combine and remind everyone why he was a First Team All-American and All-SEC selection.

Cyprien is gaining momentum after a good showing at the Senior Bowl, but I think if fans were being honest, that's probably all anyone - at least we amateur fan draftniks - really knows of the guy as I doubt most people made it a point to catch FIU games this year. I'll admit to that. It'll be interesting to see how he stacks up at the Combine with these other safeties and if he can continue his momentum.

One name that I don't think gets a lot of attention but IMO would also be a quality Day Two selection for the Rams at safety is Phillip Thomas. Fans of the draft talk a lot about Cyprien and Swearinger, but it's worth noting that Thomas led the FBS with eight interceptions in 2012 and added four forced fumbles on top of that. I wouldn't sneeze at him as a second round selection, either.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The overall Mock for all the teams is really good.

Rams mock, you are giving me hope that Warmack will be there at 16. I don't see us taking a RB, SJ will be here, I hope. I would also like to add Da'Rick Rogers in the third and grab a LB in the fourth.

Overall solid.
    Last edited by Rambos; -02-13-2013 at 12:20 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

As always, Nick, you prove that you are the leading (if not only) draft authority around here.
    Last edited by HUbison; -02-13-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    laram0 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yep, they'll be looking for one. I'm waiting to see what happens with Albert before having KC bypass the value at OT for the need of QB in the first. I would have had them take Barkley in the second had Jacksonville not done so right before them.

Had I extended this mock to three rounds, Kansas City likely would have taken either Nassib or Manuel at the top of the third.
    You really think Nassib will fall all the way to the third? I have real doubts about that.

THE DREAM TEAM

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Things I like: You've done a good job of filling out most of the Rams' needs with these picks.

Things I don't like: If the Rams don't sign a WR in FA, and lose Danny Amendola, I think they'd need to take a WR earlier in the draft.

Things that make me go ????: Has Ertz really risen that far above Eifert?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    As always, Nick, you prove that you are the leading (if not on ly) draft authority around here.
    You wound me, Sir!
    laram0 likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You wound me, Sir!
    I thought it was understood that you were exempt from that?

As in.......Nick, you are the leading, other than AV, authority.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast