Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Nick's Pre-Free Agency Two-Round NFL Mock and Full Rams Mock

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's Pre-Free Agency Two-Round NFL Mock and Full Rams Mock

As always, feedback and constructive criticism is welcome. Hope you enjoy!

ROUND ONE
    1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    -The Chiefs designated Branden Albert as their franchise player, but they could still draft Joeckel and have him take over starting left tackle duties in '14.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    -The Jaguars would probably love to trade down here, but since I'm not projecting trades, I'm going to give them a prospect who has seemingly emerged as the top defensive lineman in the draft, Sharrif Floyd.

3. Oakland Raiders: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    -The legend of Ezekiel Ansah is slowly growing and many are beginning to think he could crack the Top Five. The Raiders need pass rush help, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him emerge as the pick here.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    -Former Oregon coach Chip Kelly might be tempted to add another former Duck in Dion Jordan for his defense's 3-4 scheme, but Milliner carries better value and corner is certainly a position of need.

5. Detroit Lions: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    -There are mixed opinions out there on Werner, but the Lions need some pass rush help even if Cliff Avril is resigned. The former Florida State lineman would replace Kyle Vanden Bosch.

6. Cleveland Browns: Dion Jordan, LB, Oregon
    -Transitioning to the 3-4 defense (again), the Browns need to find a capable outside linebacker capable of getting to the passer. Jordan may have surpassed Jarvis Jones in this regard.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    -Some believe Fisher could be a contender for the top pick in the draft. I'm not ready to elevate him over Joeckel at this point, but Arizona could certainly use his talents.

8. Buffalo Bills: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    -The first quarterback comes off the board here at pick #8, as Buffalo finally lands a franchise signal caller to replace Ryan Fitzpatrick.

9. New York Jets: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    -The Jets need offensive weapons, if only so they can say they tried to give Sanchez what he needed before dumping him. Patterson has emerged as the best receiving prospect in this class.

10. Tennessee Titans: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    -A defensive lineman would make a lot of sense here, especially with Star Lotulelei slipping. But Warmack is a Top 5 if not Top 3 prospect in this class and is too good to pass up.

11. San Diego Chargers: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    -I really don't expect Lane Johnson to get out of the Top 11 in this draft. Too many OT needy teams, and Johnson has really blown people away with one of the best offseasons I can recall.

12. Miami Dolphins: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    -The Dolphins will look hard at receivers here if they don't bolster the position in free agency. If they do, they may need to consider drafting a replacement for Sean Smith.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    -Imagine a defensive line where Gerald McCoy plays next to Star Lotulelei. Scary, huh? The stout Tampa run defense just got quite a bit stouter.

14. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    -The Panthers would have loved to see Lotulelei fall to them, but he goes one pick before theirs. We know at least Steve Smith will be content if the Panthers instead settle for Richardson.

15. New Orleans Saints: Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
    -Could Jarvis Jones slide this far? Sure, if teams are concerned about his medical evaluations. But it only takes one team, and the Saints are in need of a rush linebacker as they switch to the 3-4.

16. St. Louis Rams: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
    -Cooper is emerging as a Top 10-15 prospect in this class, and some even prefer him to Chance Warmack. He's incredibly athletic and can line up at center if Scott Wells is injured again.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU
    -A receiver to replace Mike Wallace could get some consideration, but instead, the Steelers get a much needed linebacker in Mingo, who could go much higher or much lower depending on whom you talk to.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
    -I'm not convinced franchised defender Anthony Spencer is there for the long haul. Texas A&M pass rusher Damontre Moore would be a capable bookend on the Cowboys' new four-man line opposite of DeMarcus Ware.

19. New York Giants: Dantone Jones, DE, UCLA
    -Osi Umenyiora is a free agent and Justin Tuck was not very productive in 2012. The Giants would be wise to look for some help at defensive end to play opposite of Jason Pierre-Paul.

20. Chicago Bears: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
    -The Bears need offensive line help at tackle and guard, and Alabama's D.J. Fluker is capable of playing right tackle or inside. He'd be a great, nasty fit in Chicago.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    -Safety isn't the biggest need in Cincinnati, but Vaccaro is too good to pass up here. The Bengals will pair him with Reggie Nelson and have a very good last line of defense.

22. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS): Keenan Allen, WR, California
    -With speedster Chris Givens on one side, the Rams could use a larger, possession type starter opposite him. Keenan Allen is a 6'2" pass catcher who has drawn comparisons to Reggie Wayne.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    -The Percy Harvin situation remains unresolved, but don't be surprised if the Vikings look at a player like Tavon Austin to add more playmaking ability to their offense.

24. Indianapolis Colts: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    -The Colts would have liked to see one of the top six offensive lineman here, but they have big needs at cornerback as well, so Washington's Desmond Trufant isn't a bad consolation prize at all.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    -Is Bruce Irvin ready to be an every-down defensive end? Maybe, maybe not. Irvin's role on this defense and Chris Clemons's injury could be a factor in drafting a defensive end early.

26. Green Bay Packers: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    -The future of Jermichael Finley in Green Bay is undetermined; he's due a $3 million roster bonus this month and the Packers could part ways. If they do, a replacement like Eifert becomes a strong option.

27. Houston Texans: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
    -The Houston Texans received horrible play from their inside linebackers last season, making a 'backer like Kevin Minter an obvious consideration in the late first round.

28. Denver Broncos: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    -Help at defensive tackle will be vital for the Broncos moving forward, and I believe Purdue's Kawann Short will sneak into the final few picks of the first round.

29. New England Patriots: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    -The Patriots seem like the kind of team that could take an early chance on an outstanding physical talent like Hunter, hoping to get the mental aspect of his game in check.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State
    -If he were healthy, some would argue Cornellius Carradine would be a Top 10-15 pick. The Falcons could be getting a real steal here with the 30th pick.

31. San Francisco *****: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    -The ***** appear to be moving on from nose tackle Isaac Sopoaga. Is Ricky Jean-Francois or Ian Williams ready to take the mantle? I'm not so sure. Ohio State's Hankins could make some sense here.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    -Ah, the Manti Te'o saga. Depending on how he does in interviews, he could still be a first round pick. The Ravens need an emotional leader to replace Ray Lewis; Te'o is certainly emotional.

ROUND TWO
    33. Jacksonville Jaguars: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    -The Jags could consider Jarvis Jones or Dion Jordan if they trade down in the first; will they take a chance on Ogletree?

34. San Francisco ***** (f/KC): Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    -The pick acquired for Alex Smith nets the ***** a much needed upgrade at cornerback.

35. Philadelphia Eagles: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    -The new 3-4 defense is going to require a space eating nose tackle.

36. Detroit Lions: Matt Elam, S, Florida
    -Louis Delmas is the Lions' only real talent at safety, and he could be leaving as a free agent.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK): Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    -Great value for a pass rusher to rotate along the defensive line or provide insurance in the Michael Johnson contract talks.

38. Arizona Cardinals: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    -Another USC quarterback for the Cardinals, though much better value to get Barkley if he's here.

39. New York Jets: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    -Replacing Shonn Green should be an offseason priority; Lacy is the best running back available.

40. Tennessee Titans: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    -The Titans would have considered a defensive tackle in the first, but held out and were rewarded with Williams.

41. Buffalo Bills: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    -Geno Smith throwing to DeAndre Hopkins is a prettu nice haul for Buffalo.

42. Miami Dolphins: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
    -Depending on what happens with Jake Long, the Dolphins could be in the market for an offensive tackle.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
    -The Bucs end up getting their cornerback here in Boie State's Taylor.

44. Carolina Panthers: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
    -Despite his college level of competition, Cyprien should immediately compete with Hiro Nakamura.

45. San Diego Chargers: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    -Antonio Gates looks to be slowing down, so the Chargers may want to add his heir in Ertz.

46. St. Louis Rams: Kyle Long, OT, oregon
    -The Rams went guard in Round One, but could still add their second Long, who would immediately competes to start at right tackle.

47. Dallas Cowboys: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
    -The Cowboys have needs along the interior, making Warford an intriguing second round option.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    -The Steelers are losing deep threat Mike Wallace, so they add deep threat Terrance Williams.

49. New York Giants: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    -With Michael Boley, Keith Rivers, and Chase Blackburn likely out, help at linebacker is needed.

50. Chicago Bears: Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers
    -Nick Roach is a free agent and Lance Briggs turns 33 this year. Some fresh blood would be nice.

51. Washington Redskins: Eric Reid, S, LSU
    -Eric Reid should be able to compete immediately in a secondary that features Brandon Meriweather and Reed Doughty.

52. Minnesota Vikings: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
    -Adding a massive body next to Kevin Williams could help prolong his career.

53. Cincinnati Bengals: Robert Woods, WR, USC
    -A.J. Green commanding coverage while Robert Woods takes advantage? Yes please.

54. Miami Dolphins (f/IND): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    -Even if they go wide receiver in free agency, it's worth adding more weapons to that offense.

55. Green Bay Packers: Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
    -Jones should be able to compete immediately at the center spot vacated by Jeff "Got Benched" Saturday.

56. Seattle Seahawks: Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
    -Breno Giacomini is Seattle's right tackle. Do I need to say more? Someone is going to roll the dice on Armstead.

57. Houston Texans: Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
    -Matt Schaub needed a vote of confidence from the organization at year's end. Might be time to start grooming someone.

58. Denver Broncos: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State
    -Wheaton could tear up the slot with Thomas on one side and Decker on the other.

59. New England Patriots: Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee
    -If Sebastian Volmer doesn't return on the right side, a replacement will be needed.

60. Atlanta Falcons: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
    -Could Escobar be the replacement for Tony Gonzalez?

61. San Francisco *****: David Amerson, DB, North Carolina State
    -Amerson could give the ***** insurance in case Dashon Goldson asks for too much.

62. Baltimore Ravens: Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    -Anquan Boldin could be a cap casualty, and Jacoby Jones is scheduled to make more than he's worth.

RAMS MOCK

R3: Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
    -With 12 forced turnovers in 2012, Thomas is just the kind of defensive ballhawk that Jeff Fisher likes.

R4: Zaviar Gooden, LB, Missouri
    -Very athletic and explosive linebacker who could step in sooner rather than later in three linebacker packages.

R5: Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
    -If the Rams can't resign Amendola, then Vernon could help contribute in the slot.

R6: Zac Stacy, RB, Vanderbilt
    -Stacy could be a capable inside runner as part of a rotation with Pead and Richardson.

R7: Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
    -At 6'6" and 249 lbs with 35" arms and 10.5" hands, Reed has the size to be worth a late round flyer.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's Pre-Free Agency Two-Round NFL Mock and Full Rams Mock

I'm pretty sure that Warford will go before 47th, but great mock nonetheless

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As always, feedback and constructive criticism is welcome. Hope you enjoy!

46. St. Louis Rams: Kyle Long, OT, oregon
    -The Rams went guard in Round One, but could still add their second Long, who would immediately competes to start at right tackle.
    And if he took the starting right tackle spot, in practice he'd be heads up against his older brother.

Sounds interesting. Maybe a little bit of wishful thinking from you? lol

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    What i dont get is why everyon discounts Rok as the starting LG... He started the season as the opening day G. What makes it any different if no one took over the spot in his abscents last season? Just throw away a 5th round pick? I think not.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I dont mind this draft, not sold on Allen, but i like just about every other pick.

two things though-

1. You think B.Jones will be taken in the 2nd? I see him more as a 3rd rounder
    2. Phillip Thomas, I see him more as a 2nd rounder instead of a 3rd.
    (you can tell im really grasping to find faults here)

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Don't like Long in round 2. He's a project, and I'm not willing to cough up such a high pick on him. Also give me Tavon Austin over Keenan Allen, I'm not a huge fan of Allen.

I do like the Thomas and Gooden picks. Represent good value, and are 2 players that would have major roles in this D from day 1.

THE DREAM TEAM

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie25 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Warford will go before 47th, but great mock nonetheless
    I thought the same thing, but I could not find a team in the second round in need of a guard whom I felt would have taken Warford over the prospect I had projected to them already. There's some really good second round value in this projection.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    And if he took the starting right tackle spot, in practice he'd be heads up against his older brother.

Sounds interesting. Maybe a little bit of wishful thinking from you? lol
    I don't think so, as I felt he was one of the best values on the board at that point. Consider the other options, as well.

The Rams weren't going to take Warford or Williams after addressing those positions in Round One.

While the value is there, I'm not sure a SAM linebacker backs sense in Round Two.

Last time I mocked Eric Reid to the Rams in the second, many posters objected, so I avoided that this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    What i dont get is why everyon discounts Rok as the starting LG... He started the season as the opening day G. What makes it any different if no one took over the spot in his abscents last season? Just throw away a 5th round pick? I think not.
    Is anyone suggesting the Rams cut him? No, so no one's saying throw him away. In this scenario, he'd provide excellent depth on the OL.

As for starting the opener, he actually didn't; he's not credited with the start on NFL.com, and their Game Book for the opener lists Rob Turner as the opening day starter. Watkins is a former fifth round pick who played a whopping 37 snaps last season.

You talk about discounting him as a starting option, but I really don't understand what he's done to cause people to rally around him to the point of passing on Top 15 talents if they're available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I dont mind this draft, not sold on Allen, but i like just about every other pick.

two things though-

1. You think B.Jones will be taken in the 2nd? I see him more as a 3rd rounder
    2. Phillip Thomas, I see him more as a 2nd rounder instead of a 3rd.
    (you can tell im really grasping to find faults here)
    In this mock, Jones was 7 spots away from being a third rounder. Not all that different.

Thomas is definitely a Day Two guy, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on where. Depending on if there's a run on safeties and what else is on the board, I wouldn't have a problem drafting him in the second. But in order to get a better sense of how others value him, I consulted three outside sources - one had him ranked 70th, one in the 90s, and one outside the Top 100.

So for the Rams' 78th pick, I didn't think the value was that unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Don't like Long in round 2. He's a project, and I'm not willing to cough up such a high pick on him. Also give me Tavon Austin over Keenan Allen, I'm not a huge fan of Allen.

I do like the Thomas and Gooden picks. Represent good value, and are 2 players that would have major roles in this D from day 1.
    Long is viewed as a second round talent by most, and I think at that point, he represents one of the best values on the board at a position of need. I've explained above why I passed on other players there.

I'd be intrigued to see what an OL coach like Boudreau could do with a raw, athletic talent like Long, a guy with unquestionably legit NFL bloodlines, especially with his brother pushing him every day on this roster, likely quite literally given where they'll be lining up.

Austin over Allen is a legitimate point of disagreement. Either is a good pick there, but I give a healthy Allen the slight edge because he's going to be more of a factor on the outside and a great compliment to Givens.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I like the first round picks quite a bit.

I'm still not sure where to slot Long. Opinions on him seem to vary. Certainly, though, he's a guy who is going to give 100%, particularly with big brother watching.

Love the pick of Thomas in Round 3.

Gooden is intriguing, but his production in college was not quite in line with his physical tools. Still, as a Round 4 pick, I'm on board.

Good job!
    Nick likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Actually, no, he didn't start the season as the opening day LG. The week 1 starting line was: Saffold, Turner, Wells, Dahl, Richardson.

Watkins later played in the game and got hurt, but he was not the first string LG.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Okay, Nick, here's my questions:

1. Cooper is growing on me. Though, I wouldn't mind Cooper growing a little more on himself. If he could get just a little bigger, I'd see the "Man Blocking" Cooper instead of the "Zone Blocking" Cooper. But I've recently seen some mocks with Cooper going ahead of Warmack! If that holds with reality, hard to argue against the Cooper pick. (I guess that wasn't technically a question, but rather a comment.)

2. How does the Keenan Allen pick jive with Brian Quick's spot on the roster? Is that a vote that Quick is not the answer? Or is just that a stack of 3 pancakes is better than a stack of 2 pancakes? But if the dude is truly comparable to Reggie Wayne........I ain't complainin'.

3. Some say our 2nd rounder for Kyle Long is too soon, but it's quite possibly he's not even there at that point. For example, if the Cardinals don't get Fisher in the 1st, he could go to the desert with their #38 pick. But here's my question: Do you think his 32 inch arms force him inside at the next level? Not that that's a huge deal. I'd love a OG bookend of Cooper and Long, but do you think he could handle the RT spot?

4. I agree with those that see Gooden as a 3-down LB. No question in my mind that he can fill that bill. But in 3 backer sets, does Dunbar move over to SAM? Because I just don't see Gooden on the strongside of the ball on a regular basis.

5. No Day 3 Rams love for my boy, Ty Powell? I thought we were friends, bro!!!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

shower beers is offline Registered User

Nice mock!

Ansah at number 3 looks like a classic Raiders pick, even with all the changes to their FO.

Really like Dee to the Eagles at no. 4

Do you really think Rhodes jumps up the boards that much to go at number 12? I feel like with the mocks I've been seeing lately, you could essentially swap the slots of Rhodes and Trufant. Do you think Trufant's getting too much hype?

Dig the Jets pick with the way the board fell to them. I think it's a reasonable assumption.

Love the Cooper pick. My personal choice would be a toss up between Cooper and Fluker with the pick, under the assumption that neither would be available to us with our next pick. I think that's where we have to go o-line in the first, if we do.

Vacarro makes a lot of sense to the Bengals.

I'm personally not a big fan of Allen, but the pick makes sense. I'm not sure how if I feel good enough about Austion to make the pick there either.

I think Montgomery takes a plunge on draft day, and falls out of round 1 for sure.

I'd hate to see my man Big Hank go to the *****, but so be it I suppose.

Again, good stuff as always!

Rambos is online now Registered User

I like this mock a lot. I hope the Rams go offense in this draft. You added two starters on the defense and then went to work adding talent to the offensive side of the ball. Our offense was weak last year and now with we may lose two of our better offensive players, I hope the Rams FO goes in this direction.
    Nick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Okay, Nick, here's my questions:

1. Cooper is growing on me. Though, I wouldn't mind Cooper growing a little more on himself. If he could get just a little bigger, I'd see the "Man Blocking" Cooper instead of the "Zone Blocking" Cooper. But I've recently seen some mocks with Cooper going ahead of Warmack! If that holds with reality, hard to argue against the Cooper pick. (I guess that wasn't technically a question, but rather a comment.)

2. How does the Keenan Allen pick jive with Brian Quick's spot on the roster? Is that a vote that Quick is not the answer? Or is just that a stack of 3 pancakes is better than a stack of 2 pancakes? But if the dude is truly comparable to Reggie Wayne........I ain't complainin'.

3. Some say our 2nd rounder for Kyle Long is too soon, but it's quite possibly he's not even there at that point. For example, if the Cardinals don't get Fisher in the 1st, he could go to the desert with their #38 pick. But here's my question: Do you think his 32 inch arms force him inside at the next level? Not that that's a huge deal. I'd love a OG bookend of Cooper and Long, but do you think he could handle the RT spot?

4. I agree with those that see Gooden as a 3-down LB. No question in my mind that he can fill that bill. But in 3 backer sets, does Dunbar move over to SAM? Because I just don't see Gooden on the strongside of the ball on a regular basis.

5. No Day 3 Rams love for my boy, Ty Powell? I thought we were friends, bro!!!
    1. True. Over the course of the offseason, some have questioned whether Cooper is strictly a zone scheme guard. Then he showed up at the Combine @ 312 lbs and benched 35 reps. So I think those concerns have lessened a bit.

2. Allen should work immediate at the other starting spot opposite of Givens, and then as Quick develops, he can sub in as need be. I think really you could shift Givens inside to slot with both Allen and Quick on the outside in some sets, so there's some versatility there in terms of personnel. I don't think it means giving up on Quick, just adding more weapons. Quick can still be in the mix, certainly.

3. I don't think it forces him inside, no. In 2005, Jeff Fisher spent a second round pick on Michael Roos despite his 32.25 inch arms. Obviously it's not ideal, but I don't think it automatically rules him out at that spot.

4. I would have no problem moving Dunbar to SAM in three LB sets.

5. I really thought about it, honest!

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Nice mock!

Ansah at number 3 looks like a classic Raiders pick, even with all the changes to their FO.

Really like Dee to the Eagles at no. 4

Do you really think Rhodes jumps up the boards that much to go at number 12? I feel like with the mocks I've been seeing lately, you could essentially swap the slots of Rhodes and Trufant. Do you think Trufant's getting too much hype?

Dig the Jets pick with the way the board fell to them. I think it's a reasonable assumption.

Love the Cooper pick. My personal choice would be a toss up between Cooper and Fluker with the pick, under the assumption that neither would be available to us with our next pick. I think that's where we have to go o-line in the first, if we do.

Vacarro makes a lot of sense to the Bengals.

I'm personally not a big fan of Allen, but the pick makes sense. I'm not sure how if I feel good enough about Austion to make the pick there either.

I think Montgomery takes a plunge on draft day, and falls out of round 1 for sure.

I'd hate to see my man Big Hank go to the *****, but so be it I suppose.

Again, good stuff as always!
    Thanks!

I think the Trufant hype has gotten him into the first round, but I'm not sure if he's in the Top 15 yet. Right now, it seems like Rhodes is still that second guy. I'm not crazy about his value there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a team reach for a CB in the middle of the first just to ensure they get someone they like.

I like Cooper, and I think from an evaluation standpoint, I would take him over Fluker as I think he's the better overall prospect. But I also wonder if the positional value means the Rams would take a good tackle over a great guard. We heard a lot about the Rams meeting with some offensive tackles during the Combine; I'm not sure I recall any meetings with the top guards. Hopefully that's smoke; if one falls to them, even if it's not considered as important as a position, they should highly consider it.

1. True. Over the course of the offseason, some have questioned whether Cooper is strictly a zone scheme guard. Then he showed up at the Combine @ 312 lbs and benched 35 reps. So I think those concerns have lessened a bit.

2. Allen should work immediate at the other starting spot opposite of Givens, and then as Quick develops, he can sub in as need be. I think really you could shift Givens inside to slot with both Allen and Quick on the outside in some sets, so there's some versatility there in terms of personnel. I don't think it means giving up on Quick, just adding more weapons. Quick can still be in the mix, certainly.

3. I don't think it forces him inside, no. In 2005, Jeff Fisher spent a second round pick on Michael Roos despite his 32.25 inch arms. Obviously it's not ideal, but I don't think it automatically rules him out at that spot.

4. I would have no problem moving Dunbar to SAM in three LB sets.

5. I really thought about it, honest!
    All great points. No arguments from me.

Your talents really are being wasted as a school teacher. You know that, right?

richtree is offline Registered User

Shamarko Thomas may be the better Safety in Round 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast