• 2 Post By Vinnie25
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram
  • 1 Post By BarronWade
  • 1 Post By Vinnie25
  • 1 Post By FestusRam
  • 1 Post By Judaxi
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: Nick's "Stuck in the Middle of" Free Agency 2-Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Nick's "Stuck in the Middle of" Free Agency 2-Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock

With nearly two weeks of free agency in the books and many of the college pro days behind us, I thought it was about time to put together another two-round NFL mock draft. Let me know if there are any obvious double picks that don't make sense; I caught a couple while I was writing up commentary...

ROUND ONE
    1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    -The Chiefs are supposedly shopping left tackle Branden Albert for a second round pick and a future pick as well. Sounds like a team ready to move on, creating a hole for Joeckel to fill.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
    -Former NFL scout (now NFL.com writer) Daniel Jeremiah called Jordan a great fit for the Jaguars’ new defensive scheme. This is one of the hardest picks to predict, so why not take a guy who fits what you want to do?

3. Oakland Raiders: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
    -The Raiders lost Desmond Bryant, and though they've brought in some veteran help on their defensive line, I don't believe any of them would have the kind of impact that Sharrif Floyd would for Oakland.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
    -Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie traveled to Morgantown to see Geno Smith's private workout in person. He'll have you believe he's just being cautious since the Eagles have a high pick, but I think head coach Chip Kelly will want to get his own quarterback.

5. Detroit Lions: Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
    -The Lions lost Cliff Avril and Kyle Vanden Bosch this offseason. They brought in Jason Jones to try and plug the hole, but he won't be enough. Ansah is one of the most intriguing defensive line prospects in this class and is getting legit Top 5 hype.

6. Cleveland Browns: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
    -With some big free agent moves in the books, the Browns have made an effort to address some deficiencies along their front seven. Finding a player to start opposite of Joe Haden in the secondary could be next.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
    -The Cardinals would have considered Geno Smith had he fallen to them, and maybe they'll give Matt Barkley a look here as well. But with Eric Fisher on the board, I have to think this is a no brainer, even for Arizona.

8. Buffalo Bills: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    -Buffalo is intent on coming out of this draft with a franchise quarterback, and while I don't think Barkley is good value here, the Bills can't be sure they'll get a good quarterback when their pick comes around in the second.

9. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo, LB, LSU
    -The Jets will give a lot of consideration to an offensive weapon or lineman, but they also have to do something to help their pass rush. If Jarvis Jones' pro day workout scared New York off, then Mingo might be the pick.

10. Tennessee Titans: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    -The Titans may be out of the running for one of the top interior linemen after signing Andy Levitre to a big free agent deal. Even though they added Sammie Lee Hill as well, a defensive tackle - specifically a talent like Lotulelei - could be considered.

11. San Diego Chargers: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
    -It's no secret that the Chargers need offensive line help. We've been saying this since the process began. While they've added three potential new starters in Rich Ohrnberger, Chad Rinehart, and King Dunlap, they still need an upgrade at the most important spot, left tackle.

12. Miami Dolphins: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
    -Miami was always a popular landing spot for receivers in pre-free agency mocks, but with Mike Wallace and Brandon Gibson under contract, the odds aren't quite so high. While I wouldn't rule a receiver out, I think a corner to replace Sean Smith makes more sense.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
    -Tampa is still trying to work a deal for Darrelle Revis, and it could involve this pick. But if the Bucs are selecting here and the board falls as it does, then I think pairing Richardson with Gerard McCoy would be great for this defense.

14. Carolina Panthers: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
    -While their recent workout with Tavon Austin could make him the pick, they did just sign Ted Ginn to return kicks and already have a short receiver in Steve Smith. Patterson would give the Panthers a different (and needed) dynamic.

15. New Orleans Saints: Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
    -There are some that believe Jarvis Jones' poor forty time at his pro day will cause him to slip, but I bet a New Orleans team transitioning to a 3-4 scheme will be happy to take a risk on a top prospect.

16. St. Louis Rams: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
    -The Rams luck out and see one of this draft's Top Five prospects fall to them. Warmack would instantly start next to Jake Long on the Rams' left side, giving them what looks on paper to be the best offensive line they've had in years.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
    -With Mike Wallace out and Emmanuel Sanders garnering some interest as a restricted free agent, restocking the cupboards with a receiver who can also return kickoffs would be a wise move for the Steelers.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
    -It's entirely possible that Jonathan Cooper is off the board by the time the Cowboys pick. If he isn't, they should jump from their seats and rush to the podium; Cooper would be a Day One starter at either guard or center for Dallas.

19. New York Giants: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
    -A couple different options for the Giants here, but since I don't like the value of a linebacker with this pick, I'm projecting New York will restock at defensive end and give themselves some insurance in case Justin Tuck really is declining.

20. Chicago Bears: D.J. Fluker, OL, Alabama
    -The Bears signed Jermon Bushrod to be their starting left tackle, which pushes J'Marcus Webb to the right side. They could still do better, though, which is why I think Fluker still makes all the sense in the world for Chicago.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
    -Defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer wants people to believe that Taylor Mays is in line for a bigger role in 2013, but I think Cincinnati would be wise to go another direction and draft Kenny Vaccaro here.

22. St. Louis Rams (f/WAS): Keenan Allen, WR, California
    -This pick depends on how Keenan Allen's April workout goes. If he can prove he's healthy and demonstrate good straight line speed, Allen offers a unique blend of size and agility that the Rams would be wise to consider.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    -Minnesota has made two big splashes this offseason - trading away Percy Harvin for picks and adding Greg Jennings. They'll need to make some improvements on the defensive side of the ball as well though, and Short is a guy who could help improve their front four.

24. Indianapolis Colts: Damontre Moore, LB, Texas A&M
    -The Colts have added Erik Walden and Lawrence Sidbury at outside linebacker, but they're depth players at best. Moore has had a rough offseason, but should still get some consideration in the late first round.

25. Minnesota Vikings (f/SEA): Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
    -With Greg Jennings set to play flanker, Jerome Simpson is penciled in as the starting split end. That doesn't particularly impress me, and while Hunter hasn't been great against physical defenders, he could add some strength and take over Simpson's job.

26. Green Bay Packers: Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
    -After the Packers missed out on Steven Jackson in free agency, I thought about projecting Eddie Lacy here. But I think Green Bay could use an upgrade at ILB, and I believe Arthur Brown would be a great fit for them in that role.

27. Houston Texans: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
    -Receiver, or tight end? Either could be the pick, but as the board stands, I like the value at tight end better. Eifert immediately fills James Casey's shoes while projecting as the heir for often injured Owen Daniels.

28. Denver Broncos: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    -Losing Elvis Dumervil was an unfortunate situation for a defense already in need of line help. It could force the Broncos to consider an end here, and if Werner is available, he may be the pick.

29. New England Patriots: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
    -The Patriots have a solid group of corners, but an injury to Dowling or Talib electing to go elsewhere next year could create some holes. Trufant is great value at this point and gives New England some options.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    -The Falcons are supposedly making a strong push for Osi Umenyiora. Even if they sign him, they could use additional upgrades on the defensive edges. Montgomery should be in play here in the late first.

31. San Francisco *****: Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
    -If the San Francisco ***** really believe they've replaced Dashon Goldson with Craig Dahl, then they've got another thing coming. Adding Cyprien gives the ***** a more sensible long term replacement.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
    -The quest to replace Ray Lewis ends here. After allowing Dannell Ellerbe to leave in free agency, the Ravens should consider using a high pick on an impact linebacker for their defense.

ROUND TWO
    33. Jacksonville Jaguars: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
    -The Jaguars' starting corners right now would be Alan Ball and Mike Harris. Who? Exactly.

34. San Francisco ***** (f/KC): Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
    -Reuniting Ertz with his former college head coach makes sense, especially with Delanie Walker now in Tennessee.

35. Philadelphia Eagles: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
    -If the Eagles don't take a tackle in the first round, they may here if the the right prospect is available. Watson could be groomed to eventually replace Jason Peters.

36. Detroit Lions: Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
    -The Lions opted for a pass rusher in the first round instead of the corner; they get a well rounded defender in Taylor here in the second round.

37. Cincinnati Bengals (f/OAK): Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
    -BenJarvus Green-Ellis was underwhelming in his debut season for the Bengals; Lacy is the best runner in this draft and gives that offense another weapon

38. Arizona Cardinals: Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
    -Now it's time for the Cardinals to get their quarterback. Glennon has an incredbile arm, which is what's required in Arizona's new offensive scheme.

39. New York Jets: Matt Elam, S, Florida
    -With LaRon Landry out in New York, the Jets don't have much to speak of at the safety position, making Elam a consideration if he's available.

40. Tennessee Titans: Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State
    -The Titans are taking a gamble on Carradine, but he's a potential top talent when healthy and would help their pass rush.

41. Buffalo Bills: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
    -If the Bills want Matt Barkley to succeed, then they'd be wise to surround him with more weapons. Hopkins should compete to start from Day One.

42. Miami Dolphins: Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    -The Dolphins continue to address their defense, this time adding another pass rusher to a line in need of help.

43. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
    -There's talk that Mason Foster could move to the strong side to replace Quincy Black. If that happens, Ogletree would be an outstanding replacement in the middle of that defense.

44. Carolina Panthers: Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    -The Panthers would have considered a defensive tackle in the first round, but instead get great value here in Hankins.

45. San Diego Chargers: Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    -The run on defensive players continues as the Chargers find their new nose tackle; Williams will fill the very wide hole left by Aubrayo Franklin.

46. St. Louis Rams: Eric Reid, S, LSU
    -Some still consider Reid a first round talent; I think he's a good second day value for a team in need of help in the defensive backfield.

47. Dallas Cowboys: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
    -It remains to be seen how the combo of Jay Ratliff and Jason Hatcher do as 4-3 tackles in Dallas; regardless, they're both on the wrong side of 30.

48. Pittsburgh Steelers: David Amerson, DB, NC State
    -Ryan Clark turns 34 this season and is in a contract year; Amerson could be groomed to be his replacement at free safety.

49. New York Giants: Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
    -Long would allow David Diehl to shift back inside to guard, thus improving two positions on the line with one pick.

50. Chicago Bears: Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
    -At one point, Te'o was a contender to be a first round option for the Bears. Maybe he still is and I'm way off base here, but he rounded out the Top 50 in this projection.

51. Washington Redskins: Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
    -Washington's first pick in this projection is a cornerback who will be counted on to immediately help a thin secondary.

52. Minnesota Vikings: Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist
    -The Vikings continue to revamp their defensive line, this time by adding one of the draft's most physically intriguing prospects in Hunt.

53. Cincinnati Bengals: Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers
    -Cincinnati's prospects at outside linebacker are so desperate that they brought back Rey Maualuga; Greene should compete immediately for playing time.

54. Miami Dolphins (f/IND): Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
    -If Martin is moving to left tackle to replace Jake Long, then the Dolphins would be wise to consider Armstead as a potential right tackle replacement.

55. Green Bay Packers: Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
    -The Packers have their fair share of weapons, but with Jennings and Driver departing, there's room on the depth chart for a deep threat like Williams.

56. Seattle Seahawks: John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
    -Losing Alan Branch means Seattle has a hole on their defensive line, one large enough to require a man of Jenkins' size to fill.

57. Houston Texans: Robert Woods, WR, USC
    -The Texans continue to boost their offensive firepower, this time by adding a legit #2 receiver in Woods to help out Andre Johnson.

58. Denver Broncos: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State
    -Denver's defensive line continues to be their focus as the second round nears its end; Williams will help clog inside rushing lanes in the AFC West.

59. New England Patriots: Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
    -The Patriots replaced Wes Welker with Danny Amendola, but they'd be wise to consider some more additions to the position.

60. Atlanta Falcons: Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
    -Tony Gonzalez's return might mean the Falcons can wait until the second day of the draft to grab his eventual replacement.

61. San Francisco *****: Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
    -One of the best offensive lines in football reloads for the future with Frederick, who will eventually replace Goodwin at center.

62. Baltimore Ravens: Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    -The Ravens were forced to trade away Anquan Boldin, but adding a savvy replacement in Dobson could be just what the doctor ordered.

RAMS FULL MOCK DRAFT
    R3. Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
    -A good downhill runner to add to the committee the Rams have formed at the position.

R4. David Quessenberry, OT, San Jose State
    -Has the size and athleticism to develop into a starter at right tackle, just needs a quality strength program.

R5. Ty Powell, LB, Harding
    -Versatile defender who should find a home on the strong side of the Rams' defense.

R6. Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
    -Could contribute in the slot when Cook isn't doing damage there.

R7. Vernon Kearney, DB, Lane
    -Late round chance on a DB with good size to see if he sticks.

RamBamThankYouMam is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's "Stuck in the Middle of" Free Agency 2-Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock

I like this mock a lot. The only thing I would change is 4th and 5th round. At this point the Rams have their starting OTs. That is not to say they don't need more for depth, and there is the chance that Saffold could leave in free agency at the end of the year. However, the Rams need to add another starter at LB. I think there is a better chance of finding a more talented starter in the 4th round then in the 5th. Then I would just draft the OT in the 5th since he would be a back-up this year anyways. Other than that, a very nice mock that tackles many of the Rams needs.
    Nick likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's "Stuck in the Middle of" Free Agency 2-Round NFL Mock & Full Rams Mock

Book it Nick. I love the Ram's picks. Even if Warmack isn't there at #16, Cooper likely will be and I don't think there's big talent drop-off. Reid and Bell are definite needs and where you have seems like good value. What no Ricky Wagner is Round 4 (just kidding). The others sound good too although, do you think Zavier Gooden will be gone by our round 5 pick? I've never heard of Powell or Kearney, but you have and that's good enough for me. I did read that the Rams had an eye on Connor Vernon of Duke. Clearly the team's southeast scout has some clout in the draft room. We signed Matt Daniels last year as an UDFA from Duke as you recall. Good mock.

Go Rams!
    Nick likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

8. Buffalo Bills: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
    I think this has a lot of implications for the Rams. If a 2nd QB sneaks into the top 15, that very well could push (as it did here) a key prospect down to us. Here for example, once the Chargers pick at #11, there are 5 prospects left (Warmack, Cooper, Jones, Austin, Patterson) that I would have no problem with at #16, and only 4 teams in front of us. At least one of them (in this case 3) WILL fall to us at that point. I think a lot of that happens because the 2nd QB sneaks in above us.
    R5. Ty Powell, LB, Harding
    -Versatile defender who should find a home on the strong side of the Rams' defense.
    You're a beautiful, beautiful man, Nick.
    Nick likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I'm really interested in Keenan Allen's performance at his pro day... if he runs a decent 40 I'd be happy getting him with our 22nd pick
    Nick and mde8352gorams like this.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

I like it very much, outside of Eric Reid. I'd prefer someone like (on your board) David Amerson there, but that's me being picky. Excellent additions in the first and third rounds (3 starters on offense). Vernon could be a great role player, as well as Powell if he doesn't get a starting job.
    Nick likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Nicely done Nick, only thing is i prefer Chris Faulk over Quessenberry for the 4th round.
    Keenan Allen has grown on me the last few weeks so i have no problem with grabbing him.
    Nick likes this.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

The is the perfect draft for the Rams; the 3rd round RB is a little iffy to me just because I think D-rich and Pead can get the job done

The Jets are pulling off their best St. Louis Rams impression of drafting defensive lineman every year lol...but I think they will be more than excited about their second rounder

The only thing i dislike about this draft is the ***** they are getting so much talent at safety and TE

Its still Very VERY good I can tell you did your homework as always
    Nick likes this.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

The two second rounders used and forfeited really could help the Rams in rd 2, but sadly Reid will no doubt be long gone
    Barry Waller

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I like Bell in round 3, but I'd much rather draft another Safety or LB at that spot. The Rams should draft Lattimore in the 4th, let him take the year off to get healthy, and roll with D-Rich and Pead in 2012.
    Nick likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Love Chance Warmack if he falls to 16

I would prefer Hopkins, but I'd be A-OK with Allen. Especially if he has a good pro day.

Love Eric Reid if he lasts til our 2nd.

Le'veon Bell could very well be Steven Jackson 2.0. He probably will never have the consistent production like Jackson, but then again who does?

I would be ecstatic about these first 3 rounds!!

I'm not even going to go into the later rounds. I really havent looked at the majority of those players and you know much more about the later prospects than me. Ill take your word for it.

Sweet mock. Now email this to Snead(feel free to add Hopkins as the 2nd option for the 22 pick). Lol
    Last edited by FestusRam; -03-24-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Nick likes this.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Best Mock draft I have seen all off season.
    Nick likes this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

We saw Werner take a plunge in our own mock draft, and I'm seeing it here too, along with some other mocks in the depths of the internet. Did you have a hard time placing him to a team, or do you think he's just going to drop that far due to talent? Reading further, I might ask the same question about Ogletree.

Great mock as always by the way! Well, except for that lousy Demontre Moore pick.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    We saw Werner take a plunge in our own mock draft, and I'm seeing it here too, along with some other mocks in the depths of the internet. Did you have a hard time placing him to a team, or do you think he's just going to drop that far due to talent? Reading further, I might ask the same question about Ogletree.

Great mock as always by the way! Well, except for that lousy Demontre Moore pick.
    I'm not convinced about his potential as a 3-4 outside linebacker, which limits his value in Round One IMO. But he could still go in that 10-20 range. He's hard to get a read on in terms of consensus value. But he's definitely not viewed as the Top 5 prospect he was when this whole thing started, IMO.

As for Ogletree, looking back at this mock, he probably dropped too far. But looking at possible destinations in the first round, I would prefer Vaccaro if I were Cincy, I'd prefer Allen if I were St. Louis, and I feel as if Green Bay may not want a guy with his off the field baggage. So depending on how things go, he could be a Top 25 pick or he could drop to the second day. Just depends on how teams weigh those off the field issues.
    shower beers likes this.