throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Nick's Two-Round NFL Mock Draft and Seven-Round Rams Mock (4/6 version)

Honestly i was all for taking offensive weapons in rounds 2-3 but i think there is a huge problem with that.

WE DONT HAVE A RE!!!!!

lol it just came to me when i was making my mock draft. The way a Spags defense is successful is by having 2 defensive ends with pass rush ability. And at this point there is no starter. Hall has durability issues and is more of a substitution guy. And Adeyenju didnt even make the gametime roster for a few weeks straight last year. Brandon Lang and Austin Lane wont get to job done. They still need to be groomed. We need a starter.

I feel like Carlos Dunlap should be the pick Spags can mentor this kid.

Also i feel it is very urgent to address the RE position with a qualified starter.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I like the Bradford pick in round one.

I would rather have DE C. Dunlap in round two. Spags and the team around him would never let him be a slacker. Long with his non-stop motor will keep him Motivated.
    In the third round I hope Rams draft TE J. Graham or either trade for a TE from Denver (Scheffler) or Chicago (Olson).

In the fourth I would like A. J. Edds OLB from Iowa.

The fifth round I would like the Rams to start looking for weapons on offence. I like RB Deji Karim from Southern Illinois. He's 5'-9" , 210 LBS and ran a 4.37 forty yard dash. His broad jump was 10'-3" and vertical was 43". That shows he has power as a runner. He averaged 7.1 yards per carry at Southern Illinois. I wouldn't care if Rams took him in the fourth round. The commentators would consider it a reach but he would be a great change of pace back.

I think if the Offence can stay out on the field longer than 3 and out the Defence will be alot better.
    Okay, well thanks for posting your mock draft!

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I never thought about Taylor Mays going to the cowboys. I think the boy's fans will love him there, they have been missing a enforcer at safety since Roy Williams has been injured and released.
    I think he could be a good fit, certainly fills a need. But Dallas may see too much Roy Williams (the safety) in him.

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Good Job on the mock, Nick. A player I've been looking at lately is Eric Decker of Minnesota. What do you think of him and what round do you see him going in?

Also, do you think the Rams would be interested in his services?

WHAT SAY YE?
    Could sneak into the second round but I have seven or eight receivers ahead of him so it's going to depend on how many are taken and where they go.

Ultimately I don't have confidence in the Rams adding a receiver unless a legitimate #1 guy is available (or also if they're taking a late round flier). They may like Decker but don't think he brings more to the table than what they already have. But I think his combination of size, speed, and hands is intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by hill_Bartell=Probowl View Post
    Nick, is there a possiblitity that Dexter McCluster will be there at the third round?? Is his stocking dropping or increasing. Also another player that can complimently back to Steven Jackson can be Joe McNight out of USC. He is similar to Dexter McCluster but can run inbetween the tackles more and has "the big play" abilities. Do you see any of these running backs a good fit for Steven Jackon???
    McCluster put on a show at the Senior Bowl, but I think his momentum cooled after a disappointing forty time at the Combine. It's tough to see exactly how he's going to be used at the next level. He's simply not that big, and that showed up most of all in his arm/hand measurements. He's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none. Could be used as a runner, could be a receiver, but probably won't be more than a situational contributor at either spot (ie. change of pace 'back or slot receiver). That might push him out of the second round, but that's where I have him right now.

As for McKnight, if you're looking for more of a pure running back, I prefer him to McCluster and I think he's a third round option for the Rams. As long as you understand what you're getting, I think you're fine. And I think what you're getting is a solid back-up guy who can take a couple of carries, step in as a receiver out of the backfield on third down, and maybe make something happen every game or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Honestly i was all for taking offensive weapons in rounds 2-3 but i think there is a huge problem with that.

WE DONT HAVE A RE!!!!!

lol it just came to me when i was making my mock draft. The way a Spags defense is successful is by having 2 defensive ends with pass rush ability. And at this point there is no starter. Hall has durability issues and is more of a substitution guy. And Adeyenju didnt even make the gametime roster for a few weeks straight last year. Brandon Lang and Austin Lane wont get to job done. They still need to be groomed. We need a starter.

I feel like Carlos Dunlap should be the pick Spags can mentor this kid.

Also i feel it is very urgent to address the RE position with a qualified starter.
    I disagree about Carlos Dunlap, and have expressed why in another thread.

The thing is, you can basically point to almost any section of the roster and scream, "WE DON'T HAVE A _______!!" This team has a number of holes that would make such a statement correct, but they can only go one direction with each pick.

And according to my board, the value of a WR Thomas was better than a DE Dunlap. In my projection, the Rams added a DE in Lang whom I think could be part of a rotation, with Hall starting ahead of him.

I've had projections in the past where the Rams went DE in the second round as well. If the board falls a particular way and a prospect is there, I agree they could go that direction. But I'm not going to force it simply because of a big need. Again, there are big needs in a lot of places.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Ventesette is offline Registered User

You can pretty much scratch Golden Tate to the Jets. Santonio Holmes for a fifth means they probably aren't looking at any WRs. Braylon Edwards - Cotchery - Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventesette View Post
    You can pretty much scratch Golden Tate to the Jets. Santonio Holmes for a fifth means they probably aren't looking at any WRs. Braylon Edwards - Cotchery - Holmes.
    Agreed, and I wouldn't have projected that pick had the trade happened when I made the mock five days ago.

Ventesette is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agreed, and I wouldn't have projected that pick had the trade happened when I made the mock five days ago.
    Yep Nick. I knew you would have changed that. Interested in how you see it now. It will have a decent influence on the Rams coming so close to their 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventesette View Post
    Interested in how you see it now.
    I'm leaning DL at the moment.

pimpdaddycooper1012 Guest

I dnt think J Dwyer.......will fall to the 3rd round....and if he does then we totally got a deal

thickandthin Guest

you don't know how good I would feel about the upcoming season if this is how our draft went

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12