Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: NickSeiler's Holiday Season Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    I posted a few months ago that a great lakes team gets Leinart and I still think so.Buffalo or Cleaveland gets him.
    This doesn't make much sense though, because both of those teams have already spent high picks on QBs of the future - the Bills with Losman, and the Browns with Frye.

EvilXenu is offline Registered User

Dumervil is a first rounder.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Texans don't take ML IMPO and the Jets will take a QB!

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Jets will take a QB!
    Unless Reggie Bush falls to them.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Ramfan2001 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Unless Reggie Bush falls to them.
    Reggie Bush will go first and the Jets will take Vince Young or Matt Leinert

Reggie Bush will go first and the Jets will take Vince Young or Matt Leinert
    Not if the Texans are drafting with the first pick. They will select an O-Lineman. Davis has done nothing to lose his job, in fact, he's been the best player on that team

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    This doesn't make much sense though, because both of those teams have already spent high picks on QBs of the future - the Bills with Losman, and the Browns with Frye.
    Thats a good point,but neither team has a good QB.

I think losman is a bust.

Havent seen Frye play at all,because they dont air those games here.Samething with the Bengals but espn cant stop harping on them.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Not if the Texans are drafting with the first pick. They will select an O-Lineman.
    There is no offensive linemen in this class who deserves to go first overall ahead of Reggie Bush. If Houston wants O-line, they trade down, I believe.

I dont think the Texans will draft Bush and use him for bait. If they cant trade down, I just dont see them passing on D'Brickshaw Ferguson. They desperately need an O-Lineman, and he's a perfect fit.

I dont think the Texans will draft Bush and use him for bait. If they cant trade down, I just dont see them passing on D'Brickshaw Ferguson. They desperately need an O-Lineman, and he's a perfect fit.
    I don't disagree that they need help on the O-line and would be the franchise LT they're looking for. That doesn't change the fact that Brick isn't worth the first overall pick, nor do I think the Texans would be willing to take him first overall and give him the kind of contract that comes along with that pick.

I think the Texans will trade down and grab someone else, Brick if he's there, because I really don't doubt that they could find a partner to trade down with. But if they don't, the tackle class is deep enough where they could take Leinart first and then grab a lineman at the top of the second.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Here's someone i wouldn't mind seeing in Ram horns next year; Elvis Dumervil, DE Louisville.

Louisville senior defensive end Elvis Dumervil was named the winner of the 2005 Ted Hendricks College Defensive End of the Year Award today by the Ted Hendricks Foundation. Dumervil is the honored recipient of the 2005 Hendricks Award for his outstanding on field performance, leadership abilities and contributions to school and community.
    Commenting on the winner, Ted Hendricks said he admires Elvis's ability to use his reach to take down his opponents and cause turnovers. Hendricks also commented that "Elvis displays an enthusiasm for the game and a gift for going for the ball found in the truly great players
    Ht: 6-0 Wt: 256
    Position: DE
    Projected as: OLB
    I'd say take him in the second instead of Trapp.
    Last edited by RAMMAN68; -12-28-2005 at 01:14 AM.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Here's a breakdown on Nick's projections.

Full Name: Kai Parham School: Virginia

Ht: 6-3 Wt: 245 40: 4.65 Yr: 4Jr

Pos: Outstanding athlete who displays top sideline-to-sideline range. Explosive filling gaps in run defense and hard hitting at the point of attack. Strong, holds his ground against blocks or defeats them altogether. Plays with good pad level and possesses a good change of direction. Fast to the flanks and gets depth on drops.

Neg: Not efficient and does not consistently take correct angles to the action. Gets caught up in the trash laterally.

Analysis: Possessing outstanding size\speed numbers, Parham has displayed consistent progress on the field. Durable and offers good upside for the next level.

Full Name: Michael Huff School: Texas

Ht: 6-0 Wt: 190 40: 4.51 Yr: 5Sr

Pos: Talented defensive back who can be used at a variety of positions. Reads the quarterback, quickly picks up assignments and displays outstanding ball skills as well hands for the pick. Takes good angles to the action, efficient and displays a burst of closing speed. Instinctive and at the same time can recover. Solid footwork in every direction of the field. Displays a good break to the throw. Does an outstanding job positioning himself against opponents to defend the pass. Consistently keeps the action in front of him.

Neg: Used at safety for the Longhorns yet lacks top size for centerfield.

Analysis: An intelligent football player with outstanding cover skills, Huff could easily make the transition to cornerback at the next level. Underrated and could sneak into the late part of round one next April

Full Name: Darryl Tapp School: Virginia Tech

Ht: 6-1 Wt: 266 40: 4.77 Yr: 4Sr

Pos: Excellent athlete who makes plays in any direction of the field. Breaks down well playing with leverage, adjusts off the initial block and quickly redirects to the action. Terrific footwork through the trash, fast in pursuit and catches ball carriers from the backside. Slides off blocks or effectively uses hand technique to keep opponents away. Good tackling technique. Fights hard throughout the action. Quick and explosive in all aspects of his game.

Neg: Undersized, slow to shed and swallowed up by large blockers. Has trouble defending the run.

Analysis: A player with a nonstop motor, Tapp constantly makes positive plays on the field. Has size limitations which will depress his draft ranking yet intensity, intelligence and natural skill will be an asset to any NFL roster.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12