Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: At No. 13, the Rams can't lose.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

At No. 13, the Rams can't lose.

There has been, and will continue to be, a great deal of debate over what the Rams should do with the No. 2 pick in the draft. While there are many options that fans like (Matthews, Robinson, Clowney, Watkins), the possibility of a trade complicates things. In the end, it won't be an easy decision.

At No. 13, though, the Rams are in a great position, as they are guaranteed an opportunity to draft a player who would be a good value at that spot.

The way I see it the following players are pretty much locks to go in the Top 12 (in no particular order): Manziel, Clowney, Matthews, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Bridgwater, Bortles.

That's 8 players, which leaves the following list of players who, in my opinion, would be worth the #13 pick in the draft for the Rams (again, in no particular order): Evans, Gilbert, Dennard, Barr, Donald, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Lewan, Martin.

That's 9 players, which means that at least 5 of them will be on the board at #13.

This means that the Rams can wait at #13 for a very good player to drop to them, or even consider moving back a few spots, obtaining an extra pick, and still obtaining a player they covet.

Les Snead must be like a kid in a candy store.
    lostsoul likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: At No. 13, the Rams can't lose.

A dream come true would be trading down from #2 to #4 and getting at least a 2nd this year or a first next year from Cleveland.

We would still land one of Matthews, Robinson, or Watkins at #4, and we'd also have an extra pick or two to operate with.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    A dream come true would be trading down from #2 to #4 and getting at least a 2nd this year or a first next year from Cleveland.

We would still land one of Matthews, Robinson, or Watkins at #4, and we'd also have an extra pick or two to operate with.
    I don't disagree with anything in that post... but what does it have to do with the topic?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't disagree with anything in that post... but what does it have to do with the topic?

The Rams can't lose at #2 neither. We're in a position to get into the playoffs with a good draft.
    lostsoul likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The Rams can't lose at #2 neither. We're in a position to get into the playoffs with a good draft.
    In the future, please do not attempt to hijack/derail threads. Thanks.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

We're in great position for both picks. What Snead and Fisher has done in 3 drafts now is provide the Rams with flexibility to gamble on picks or let draft come to them ala Patriots the last 12 years.

RealRam is offline Registered User

The way I see it the following players are pretty much locks to go in the Top 12 (in no particular order): Manziel, Clowney, Matthews, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Bridgwater, Bortles.

That's 8 players, which leaves the following list of players who, in my opinion, would be worth the #13 pick in the draft for the Rams (again, in no particular order): Evans, Gilbert, Dennard, Barr, Donald, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Lewan, Martin. -- Av
    Even if unlikely to take place, I sure would like to see one of these players: Barr, Clinton-Dix, Dennard, Donald, Evans, Gilbert, Lewan, Martin, or Pryor go before #13 in place of Watkins so that we'll find this WR for our 2nd pick.

It's quite a stretch but it's also my wishful thinking for Watkins.

Last edited by RealRam; -02-25-2014 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Tyop

turbofargo is offline Registered User

I would be super happy with Evans think he be an awesome get at 13, Lewan(if we go Watkins early), Gilbert wowed at the combine he be a great pick there. The two safeties, people seem to think Clinton-Dix is more of the free safety, although hard to gloss over Pryor's love. Heck even Donald would be sweet. I don't have as big an issue with his size then others. Long, Donald, Brockers, Quinn. Pretty decent front. Like the orignal posts says, Can't lose :-)

Sauceman is offline Registered User

I'm not sure I want Barr that list. I guess he could fit somewhere, but I'd be much happier with some of the other names on that list.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Good point, Av. It wouldn't shock me at all to see the Rams trade down from both spots. Maybe Dallas would like to jump in front of Chicago in order to secure Donald? You never know.

Mikey is online now Registered User

I wouldn't want to trade down too far from #2. But #13 we could trade down as low as we want in the first and I'd be fine with it. I think there are the top 6-8 prospects then we can get great value from 13 to 43.
    turbofargo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Good point, Av. It wouldn't shock me at all to see the Rams trade down from both spots. Maybe Dallas would like to jump in front of Chicago in order to secure Donald? You never know.
    Ha! Call it dyslexia or English not being my native tongue, but I thought Av's speculation here at No. 13 was without the Rams trading.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Ha! Call it dyslexia or English not being my native tongue, but I thought Av's speculation here at No. 13 was without the Rams trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This means that the Rams can wait at #13 for a very good player to drop to them, or even consider moving back a few spots, obtaining an extra pick, and still obtaining a player they covet.
    No worries, RR. I think Av is right in that the Rams are guaranteed to find a quality player available at 13, but if they like, could even trade back a few spots to gain more picks while still getting a player they may covet.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Exactly right Av, unless something crazy happens between now and the draft I see the Rams picking one of the 8 players you listed. Even though I think the Rams should select Clowney at #2, I think they'll most likely draft an OT, which leaves WR, CB, and S as their biggest needs. With this draft having pretty good depth at WR and CB, I think the best choice would be for the Rams to select either Clinton-Dix or Pryor.

Got it. ¡Gracias Nick!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast